Sign in to follow this  
jackspratt

Connecting flights.....

jackspratt

Ok all u experienced travellers........

my flight from Australia arrives 6.20pm local time in Manila.......now ive read somewhere it can take 1-2 hours to clear immigration etc.......now the last flight to Cebu (CebuPacific) leaves at 8.30pm (by their website).......so taking into account late arrival,bag pick up and check in times,what are my chances of success? (im booked into a hotel on Mactan already)

also the "arrival times" on the Mactan Airport website show another flight arriving at 10.30pm from Manila (CebuPacific) but 8.30pm on the CP site :rolleyes::lol:

:lol:

....yes i have travelled before...but u know <_<

VeRy LuCkY

my flight from Australia arrives 6.20pm local time in Manila.......now ive read somewhere it can take 1-2 hours to clear immigration etc.......now the last flight to Cebu (CebuPacific) leaves at 8.30pm (by their website).......so taking into account late arrival,bag pick up and check in times,what are my chances of success? (im booked into a hotel on Mactan already)

also the "arrival times" on the Mactan Airport website show another flight arriving at 10.30pm from Manila (CebuPacific) but 8.30pm on the CP site :rolleyes::lol:

....yes i have travelled before...but u know :lol:

Hard deal...remember you still need to travel to the domestic airport which is very congested all the time...

Steve

....yes i have travelled before...but u know <_>

When I traveled back in April, my flight landed in Manila at 5:30am and the flight to Cebu left at 7:30am. I had no problems getting everything done and walking over to the domestic terminal. It wasn't really that busy that early in the morning. It felt that more people were entering the international terminal than the domestic one. The other thing is that I had my luggage checked the whole way to Cebu and didn't have to deal with the customs for them at Manila.

Edited by Steve

beyridge

Do take note that you have to take a cab (after immigration clearance and getting your baggage) from NAIA to the Domestic Terminal of Cebu Pacific. I am not a fan of Cebu Pacific due to bad experiences of flight delays and long queue during check-in. I remember I was booked on a 930PM last flight from Manila to Cebu... it got delayed and left the grounds by 12MN!

If you have a mobile phone, you can try calling Cebu Pacific to check flight status of the 830PM flight you are booked with, if it's on time, or delayed. If it's delayed, then there are bigger chances of you to make it to Cebu on that night. LOL. :rolleyes:

jackspratt

how far is it between the 2 terminals?? :lol:

Bob Ward

First we would need to know what airline you are arriving on, but the time from either international terminal to the domestic terminal is fairly close. For the sake of speed, take a taxi. You are going to be cutting it close by any standards.. There are many reasons in manila why this two hour connection is ill advised.

Flight is late. But that's a given on any connection.

Number of arriving flights at the same time period. (Customs Issues)

Baggage is always slow from the planes at Manila

Distance from international terminals to domestic

You might be ok because CP flights are late leaving many times. Get some pesos for the taxi from the money changer at your original departure airport.

jackspratt

Thankyou gentlemen......ive been through LAX and a couple of others so i thought it might be dicey...........i will stay overnight at the airport hotel and catch a late morning flight next day.....ive got plenty of time and airports are a bun fight even when things go right.......without running the guantlet as well.....

..its a Qantas flight :lol:

cheers :D