Best Restaurants in Cebu

I found a new Mexican place called LaLucha (formerly la Lagrima).  It's a tiny place that was originally hidden away on Elizabeth Pond Rd. but has moved to Juana Osmena Street next to the NS Royal Pensionne.  Small, bright  place, but the food is excellent and authentic Mexican.  While I've never had navy beans with Mexican food, otherwise nothing to complain about. 

Many different types of burritos, Tortas, Tostadas, enchiladas! 

• Like 2
  • Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headshot

• GBT62

• expat08

• mikewright

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

good advice and i wish i had followed it last week. true story...me and an English pal were hungry and wanted to grab a quick lunch so we went to a new place that opened below the national book store

Couldn't agree more! Chunky meat, a nice onion sauce. Only one small quibble, the chips were warm, not hot. Probably a result of the length of time it takes to make the pie! The Aussie Shiraz was

"Our Place" in Pelaez St in Colon has a Farmer's Breakfast for about 210 pesos. Two eggs, bacon, fried potato, pork chop, toast, two cups of coffee, a whiff of fried onion and tomato, butter and marma

Posted Images

dutchben

I have been to all of their locations... :D Each franchise has some slight differences in taste and the winner is the one in Gaisano Mactan Extension or the one on Cuenco (Aboitiz building?)

BTW Red Hot Double D only, I haven't tried other products at any of these places... :)

That's persimon building/condo indeed very good

CebuKano

I found a new Mexican place called LaLucha (formerly la Lagrima).  It's a tiny place that was originally hidden away on Elizabeth Pond Rd. but has moved to Juana Osmena Street next to the NS Royal Pensionne.  Small, bright  place, but the food is excellent and authentic Mexican.  While I've never had navy beans with Mexican food, otherwise nothing to complain about. 

Many different types of burritos, Tortas, Tostadas, enchiladas!

Thanks for the tip. Do they offer indoor dining?

• Like 1
CebuKano

We stopped at a resto named B-Side -- located beside Alberto's Pizza on A.S.Fortuna (very close to the flyover).

It's a small place that offers both inside or outside dining and their menu is slanted toward "western" type food with lots of choices. Steaks, burgers, very good pasta dishes and other dishes. We've been there twice so far and haven't been disappointed. Their prices are very reasonable. I hope they stay in business because both times we were there we had the place to ourselves.

POTATOMAN

went to choi city today. it gets worse every time i go, still busy as hell though

• Like 1
Half Baked

Went to Sunworst at SM Cebu City this evening. Best meal I had there yet... two Red Horse Stallions, php 90.

Grabbed a plain pretzel to go at Aunty Schmanty's.

Edited by Half Baked

Thanks for the tip. Do they offer indoor dining?

both indoor and covered outdoor dining, but it's a really small place! 

• Like 1
tomaw

Can't go wrong with Wombats....chicken kiev would be my favourite

Also try the pies at "The Hideout" at Consolacion, they are fantastic!

Is Wombat's still open?
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Is Wombat's still open?

Surely you jest.

I vote for La Maison Rose.

And I did like the new BBQ place on AS Fortuna but can not remember the name of it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Monsoon
CebuKano

Surely you jest.

I vote for La Maison Rose.

And I did like the new BBQ place on AS Fortuna but can not remember the name of it

Texas Rex? Good value for the pesos.

• Like 2
  • Triple Diamond Sponsor
Monsoon

Texas Rex? Good value for the pesos.

Yes that's it!

• Like 1
Rocketman

Have eaten at Choi City in Banilad Town Center many times.  Good food, very good service and the prices are decent.  Amazing - I got a phone call from them last week to ask about my satisfaction with the restaurant, food and service.  I was waiting for the sales pitch for their VIP card or something and never got it.  A manager comes around and asks how the meal is each time.  One time I said I was unhappy with one of the orders.  He gave me a card for a free desert the next time I come in.  Would have prefered the discount on the food item I was unhappy with, but he was smart enough to make me an offer to get me back.  I think it's Japanese owned.  Customer service... what a concept!

• Like 3
POTATOMAN

siam in ayala today, it was pretty good. went to big mao first but they gave us warm beer & forgot the other drink..... bill please

• Like 3
CebuKano

siam in ayala today, it was pretty good. went to big mao first but they gave us warm beer & forgot the other drink..... bill please

You're like us. If we go to a resto and it's obvious that there are problems right after sitting down we bail out and find another. That's what's nice about Metro Cebu - there are many options.

• Like 2
contraman

they gave us warm beer & forgot the other drink..... bill please

A great policy,

This is exactly what I do.

• Like 2