Sign in to follow this  
expat08

Best Restaurants in Cebu

Rocketman

A friend of mine owns a restobar in Talamban and was considering opening one in Ayala.  That is until he was told that beyond the rent, he will be charged 25% of SALES.  I guess that's why the food may be good in some of the restaurants in the mall, but the quantity is pretty small for my liking.

• Like 2

Tamed

That is until he was told that beyond the rent, he will be charged 25% of SALES.
wow, and that might be also the reason many of the better ones charge 10% service charge to cut it down to 15%.

Ozbrum

A friend of mine owns a restobar in Talamban and was considering opening one in Ayala.  That is until he was told that beyond the rent, he will be charged 25% of SALES.  I guess that's why the food may be good in some of the restaurants in the mall, but the quantity is pretty small for my liking.

Which resto bar in Talamban ?

Cheers

Ozbrum

Had a really nice lunch today at Der Kaishaf ( think that was spelling ) on right hand side as you drive into Banilad town centre, just before Pan de Manila .

Only ordered simple meal , me an my lady shared a Greek salad and a Pork schnitzel with garlic mushrooms side,

Good service very clean and only 450 P. which included one sml.

delancey

Had a really nice lunch today at Der Kaishaf ( think that was spelling ) on right hand side as you drive into Banilad town centre, just before Pan de Manila .

Only ordered simple meal , me an my lady shared a Greek salad and a Pork schnitzel with garlic mushrooms side,

Good service very clean and only 450 P. which included one sml.

Food very good. If they look much more then 33% full I avoid them, The waitresses just can't handle the stress, imo. They start going into a little group meeting when multiple tables start calling them over and then new orders then get backed up, too. Chain reaction. I agree with the recommendation in general though. Excellent when operating efficiently is not a big issue..

Lordblacknail

The new Indian restaurant at Park mall Pacific Place area has the best samosas I have ever eaten. I've been eating Indian food since 1978 so I have had a lot of samosas. This is the second restaurant on the left, there are two Indian ones.

Rocketman

Which resto bar in Talamban ?

Cheers

Emerald Isle

Headshot

The new Indian restaurant at Park mall Pacific Place area has the best samosas I have ever eaten. I've been eating Indian food since 1978 so I have had a lot of samosas. This is the second restaurant on the left, there are two Indian ones.

Is it in the Park Mall complex? If so, exactly where is it? I don't know what Pacific Place is.

ellenbrook2001

my place the best RESTAURANT ????????????

Tamed

Is it in the Park Mall complex? If so, exactly where is it? I don't know what Pacific Place is.
I would also like to know, I just asked my girlfriend if Park Mall Pacific is Park Mall and she said Pacific Mall is not Park Mall, I'm confused?

contraman

OKay

We will all be there at 7.30 :)

• Like 4

Lordblacknail

no the restaurants are down the street from park mall.

smokey

you kidding right ?  My place has corn dogs and pre made steak sandwich from S/R  and everytime we go to manila i tell my wife i our house and room is way better then any hotel ...

• Like 1

Paul

Here is the file you wanted me to upload.

la lagrima menu.jpg

• Like 1

Headshot

In which direction on what street?

Lordblacknail

Ok since I don't drive here, I really don't have any idea, but we walked from Park Mall. Its a long dead end street across a main road. lots of restaurants in there. Headshot, if you want to meet us some where after the 5th, just holler and we can go together. I am going to the Mexican restaurant that Paul posted the menu to, tomorrow for lunch, around 11ish.

Headshot

OK Jack. I'll just sniff around the Park Mall area and see if I can find it. I'm thinking that what you're talking about is just across the street at the City Time Square Building (next to the golf driving range). I've never been over there even though I have eaten at Park Mall many times.

Lordblacknail

No, its not a building, its like a half mile closed street, or maybe a quarter mile, with shops on both sides. We walked from Park Mall and had no problem finding it.

easy44

attachicon.gifla lagrima menu.jpg

Hasn't that restaurant been closed for some time now?

Sven

No, its not a building, its like a half mile closed street, or maybe a quarter mile, with shops on both sides. We walked from Park Mall and had no problem finding it.

I also think, what you mean is Time Square, just across the road from Park Mall. It has two Indian restaurants, and at least one of them is very good (the second on the left).

I actually went there with a visiting Indian friend, and we both liked it.

jtmwatchbiz

you kidding right ? My place has corn dogs and pre made steak sandwich from S/R

ellenbrook is a french chef and i think he was referring to his own place...his home. i'm still waiting for an invite and my wife wants him to teach her some recipes. 

Lordblacknail

easy, no they just moved check the posts.

battleborn

attachicon.gifla lagrima menu.jpg

La Lagrima relocated to Juana Osmena St.  Next to the Ns Royal Pensionne Hotel.  It's down the street from the National Bookstore on Mango.

• Like 1

Lordblacknail

OK, Here is my report on La Lagrima. After failing to find it earlier today, after I picked up my wife and daughter from the airport, we tried again. It is indeed right next door to the NS Royal Pension. I ordered cheese enchiladas. The did not have corn tortillas, so the made them with flour. They were served to me on a plate with white beans, Mexican rice, and three rolled up flour tortillas with about a tablespoon of cheese on top. Nothing inside. I asked the cook where does she put the meat if a meat enchilada is ordered. Inside of course, then why don't my cheese enchiladas have cheese inside them? Wait a while sir. The guacamole was better than  I expected, the sour cream was good, but not much of it. Two kinds of salsa, both good. However, comma, my wife had two pork tacos, on flour of course. They looked wonderful, if you eat meat. My wife and daughter seemed like them a lot. I would eat there a lot if it was closer, or if I had a car. It was the best Mexican food I have seen here in the RP. Now I want to try the Indian place behind Cebu Doctor's.

• Like 1

POTATOMAN

WENT to siam in ayala today, very poor but crazy busy