Sign in to follow this  
expat08

Best Restaurants in Cebu

Razorback

Thx for the tip! I'm often in that area. I'll try it out!

Rocketman....look for the huge cowboy statue/sign out front by the road....it's the closest thing to an American cold beer/burger and fries I've been able to find in Cebu....IMHO actually better than some decent burgers I've had over here in the U.S.A. (DISCLAIMER....your milage may vary!) 8^)

ron100

the best burgers are at army navy in it park

easy44

Rocketman....look for the huge cowboy statue/sign out front by the road....it's the closest thing to an American cold beer/burger and fries I've been able to find in Cebu....IMHO actually better than some decent burgers I've had over here in the U.S.A. (DISCLAIMER....your milage may vary!) 8^)

The Toy Story Cowboy sign is gone. Just a much smaller sign that says The Ranch.

jigsy

Went there the other day - had the chicken on sourdough. Pretty good and yes, the burgers look good too. They have a triple, double and single.

Razorback

Thanks for the heads up....will have to give Army Navy a try on my next trip!

Monsoon

The Toy Story Cowboy sign is gone. Just a much smaller sign that says The Ranch.

Yes there is no more Cowboy so its even harder to find for those making their first visit there. Also, aparently they are either closed one day per week or arent open for lunch? Because i tried going there for lunch on either a Sunday or Monday and it looked pretty closed to me.

So unfortunately I can not comment on the food, but I wont be rushing back for the simple reason that I think its retarded to be closed when Im hungry.

• Like 1

musicman666

Yep as said ..army and navy.....also buddies in talamban are raising the bar when it comes to burritos and burgers in Cebu....

Razorback

Yes there is no more Cowboy so its even harder to find for those making their first visit there. Also, aparently they are either closed one day per week or arent open for lunch? Because i tried going there for lunch on either a Sunday or Monday and it looked pretty closed to me.

So unfortunately I can not comment on the food, but I wont be rushing back for the simple reason that I think its retarded to be closed when Im hungry.

Never been to the Ranch on Sunday and have always just eaten lunch there.....so they may be closed on Sunday. Don't think the owner, Jungle Jim, is retarded but at times he don't act like the sharpest knife in the drawer! 8^) However, he must be doing something right because his business seems to be thriving....could possibly be his wife, as she's a real hustler and keeps everybody hopping around there.

Edited by Razorback

burnttoast

Yep as said ..army and navy.....also buddies in talamban are raising the bar when it comes to burritos and burgers in Cebu....

Buddies is fantastic, even with the remote location in Piaza Elisia they've managed to generate alot of blog buzz with their food and they are working on a new branch right now near the seven eleven in Escario Central, Capitol site.

Ozbrum

Excellent Review.

brilliant !

sperry

Buddies is fantastic, even with the remote location in Piaza Elisia they've managed to generate alot of blog buzz with their food and they are working on a new branch right now near the seven eleven in Escario Central, Capitol site.

hmmm interesting. im a caravan man at elizia cos i like the ambiance, and after a couple of beers i like to let my fellow customers know im not a born again simon and garfunkle at the open mike.

the british isles bars are just ok, so I shall have to check out buddies one day. thnaks for the tip

burnttoast

hmmm interesting. im a caravan man at elizia cos i like the ambiance, and after a couple of beers i like to let my fellow customers know im not a born again simon and garfunkle at the open mike.

the british isles bars are just ok, so I shall have to check out buddies one day. thnaks for the tip

I used stay near Maguikay and took the trike up there every few days. That part of town is coming up. There in Elizia there is La Bella Napoli pizza which was founded by Gaetano the same maestro behind Michaelangelo Pizza near Maria Luisa. I reccomend their pizza, they value putting quality into their product and use a stone wood fire oven to cook in, prices are good in the 200 range.

Mckchrls

Haven't tried too many places yet so appreciate this topic.

So far I like Ramen Kamekichi for noodles and Canvas at Ayala, although I haven't found all of the staff/managers respectively as welcoming as I am used to in the Philippines. I like the meat in the Waterfront Lahug signature burger but think the rest of the burger is pretty ordinary.

Will try a few of the suggestions above out and report back. I like healthy, quality & large servings and if I can find all of these I'm happy to pay for it.

MrSuave

Haven't been there. Where is it?

The Burger Joint is in the Gallery Mall on Juan Luna St, Mabolo. The burgers are pretty good for the price, While you're at The Gallery, check out The Pantry, it has good deli sandwiches.

ellenbrook2001

i see you are in banawa...we are in the banawa-guadalupe area as well. janice my wife is always experimenting in dishes and cooks for a hobby. if you would like to brain storm and try out some cooking here locally, then contact us as janice would like to learn and experiment more in cooking!

hehehehe thanks a lot after new year going on vacation too the AUSSIE land in my return in march we can gathering together have a very very happy christmas and new year.

• Like 1