Sign in to follow this  
expat08

Best Restaurants in Cebu

Experienced

The Pad Thai was a sticky combination of all kinds of sauces mixed together... didn't taste like any pad thai I've tried through Thailand or anywhere for that matter. The Pho was ok. The broth was very murky though and not that nice clean crisp broth you expect in a Vietnamese soup.

I'd agree the pad thai was just okay. We had a terrific yum neua and that more than made up for it. They didn't have the pho when we went... I'll be back to try that for sure. But the bahn mi (at least the meat) is worth the price of admission all by itself.

easy44

Went to the Radisson Blu Buffet last night (approx 1100p per person).

Its my first buffet in the Phillies Ive been to so I can't compare it to much (except to what I saw in Boracay) but I gotta say I was VERY IMPRESSED!

A really nice selection of foods. Italian, philippino, Grill, Chinese (Peking Duck was YUM!!!), Cheese, Yum desserts (Bread and Butter Pudding!!! Delish!!), etc.

The seafood selection was a little on the small side so dont go here if you're after mainly seafood.

But the rest was great. Suckling Pig was A1. Beautiful steamed fish dishes. Wonderful salads... not alot of choices but what they had was very nice.

I recommend it! In fact, Im going back again soon!

If you liked the Radisson buffet, you should try the Marco Polo. I think it has a bigger selection and better overall quality. As I recall, it's about the same price. Definitely worth a look.

bepresentnow

Best Italian in town: Vienna Italian Restaurant near Mango Square next to Yellow Cab, try their fresh home-made pasta

Best Burger: Army Navy Burger in IT Park, always busy so might take some time for you food to come.

Best Pizza: Bella Napoli in the same compound as Emerald Isle Pub, try the Arugula pizza

Best Indian: Mr. India in country mall

Thanks for the tip about the viet/thai place - I love Vietnamese food and the last restaurant I frequented (Saigon Quan in Parkmall) closed down, the quality of their Pho Bo started to go bad after they put a Filipino chef in charge of making the broth.

ozbuckley

Only decent burger in Cebu I know of is Brother's at BTC.

Brothers Burgers at BTC has closed. Any other Brothers outlets around Cebu?

danoma

Italian: Giuseppe’s on ML ( often copied, still the best for Sicilian and pizza)

Pan Asian: Spice fusion in SM ( diverse menu, hard to go wrong)

Filipino: Café Elysa, in the Par-ian ( they have other cuisines also, but not as great)

Thai/Viet: Little Saigon Big Bangkok in Guadalupe (authentic and very cool spot)

Lechon: Zebuchon ( maybe not the best, but they are innovators)

Lechon manok: Joule’s in talamban ( follow the smoke near the blue gym)

Chinese: Choi city in BTC ( corporate but easily the highest quality)

Burger: None! ( I wanted to like Dong juan’s but honestly had to discard the meat, Blue Z was best while it was around)

Spanish: Corner table in the Gallery ( fantastic…before it closed)

Cajun/creole: Blue Zydeco in Crossroads ( before it closed)

Mexican: Maya in Crossroads ( can’t wait to cross this off the list)

Burrito: Burrito bar in BTC ( just ok really but they have a very focused concept)

Japanese yakiniku: Tajimaya in Crossroads

Japanese sushi: Chibori in IT park

Indian: Taste of India, near Grand Convention and Waterfront hotel ( forget the popular items from back home like tikka masala, they excel in less western-ized food)

Hotel food: None! These should never count as restaurants and buffets at 1000 pesos are still buffets.)

Mediterranean: Cyma in Ayala ( anzani should be here but their food cannot match their ambiance because they cannot or will not simplify their vision)

Filipino BBQ: can’t recommend one over any other, AA is sort of Ok.

American Barbecue: Little Saigon Big Bangkok in Guadalupe (somehow they also make smoked pulled pork, this is what I mean by creativity)

American Ribs: Everything Yummy in Talamban ( falls off the bone)

Carenderia : R and R in Guadalupe. (don’t care for anything but the grilled items and the eggplant torta but ambiance is comfortable and you can people watch)

My 2 cents (i'm working on my 50 posts for my membership lol):

Giuseppe : I love pizza very much, i've sampled many when i travel in Italy or in NYC. I was very disappointed by Guiseppe...The tomato sauce tasted like it came from a can, the mozarella was not real deal (mozarella di buffala) and the overall test was mediocre.

Zubuchon : same here, very disappointed by Zubuchon. I had dry meat, not so crispy skin. Cheap. Have to test CNT next time.

Cafe Laguna @Ayala: Great filipinino food. Absolutely loved the pork belly (Lechon Kawali). Great value.

Anzani : The food is ok but the seasoning is often not right. Little overpriced too but nice and hype atmosphere to bring a date.

Gustavian : Great service, ambiance but the food was mediocre at best. The in house merlot wine was very good and cheap though

Maya : OMG their ribs are to die for !

billy

I went to little Saigon in Guadalupe . I was very disappointed the pad Thai was just edible, we had a soup that had beaf in it , was discusting. I won't be going back

jigsy

Not sure if it was mentioned, but Chateau de Busay seems to be closed for renovation. Saved you a trip if you are heading up there soon. It's a great spot, so if the renovation goes well, it might be worth checking out again.

Past CdB is La Tegola Busay. Maybe not the best food in town, but it's decent, well priced and we love the view from up there.

In town, we eat at Nonki on Fortuna a lot - plenty of Japanese in there, so must be doing something right.

barramac

cafe laguna have opened a second branch on the ground floor of ayala pretty much opposite the original. anybody have any idea what the logic behind this is

presbo

A few years ago an ex took me to La Tegola for some really excellent Authentic Italian food in Lahug. I will be in Cebu next month and would like to know from any of you if it's .still around and how it currently stacks up against other Italian restaurants there. They have a couple others in their chain, including one in Mactan near the airport.

towboat72

Try Dong Juan. I think you'll both be pleasantly surprised.

i heard about dong jauns several times so i made a special point to stop there on our trip into cebu city.the ladies went shopping and i ordered a burger---boy was i disapointed burger was good sized but was bland maybe some salt and pepper but did not have any in the place.severed with i think what was home made chips but again no salt..also ordered motzeralla app now that was very good ice tea was very good also drank four of those .

ill try the place again but ill make sure they have salt next time

towboat72

Ah yes, not to mention you get a chance to watch the shark feeding (forgot about the time though).

im glad to hear this we have stopped there several times(kids love to watch the sharks swim) but have never eaten there .i love sea food but not a big fan of how its done here.i live a nice big fillet .

Rocketman

i heard about dong jauns several times so i made a special point to stop there on our trip into cebu city.the ladies went shopping and i ordered a burger---boy was i disapointed burger was good sized but was bland maybe some salt and pepper but did not have any in the place.severed with i think what was home made chips but again no salt..also ordered motzeralla app now that was very good ice tea was very good also drank four of those .

ill try the place again but ill make sure they have salt next time

I don't know what's up with the burgers here. The meat tastes weird - like it's not beef. I've tried several places and I guess I'll just have to stick to home-made. Now.... McD's tastes the same as home, for what that's worth.

Razorback

I don't know what's up with the burgers here. The meat tastes weird - like it's not beef. I've tried several places and I guess I'll just have to stick to home-made. Now.... McD's tastes the same as home, for what that's worth.

My favorite burger by far when in Cebu is at a place called The Ranch in Banilad, not far from Country Mall, across from Banilad Elementary School. Owned by an American called Jungle Jim....really good (and good-sized burgers) served with home fries....can get lettuce, tomato, onions, pickles, etc., and everything tastes fresh, even the beef. They actually have a turkey burger that's really good (one of my favorites)....beer is exceptionally cold (even up to American standards) and can get it served in a real glass, frosty mug. Can eat inside in aircon comfort or outside at tables. I'm not a big rib eater but tried the pork ribs there last spring and they were tender, juicy, and tasty!

Rocketman

Thx for the tip! I'm often in that area. I'll try it out!

jigsy

A few years ago an ex took me to La Tegola for some really excellent Authentic Italian food in Lahug. I will be in Cebu next month and would like to know from any of you if it's .still around and how it currently stacks up against other Italian restaurants there. They have a couple others in their chain, including one in Mactan near the airport.

I've always liked La Tegola and they are all still there incl. Lahug. Not sure how authentic it is - probably Guiseppes neat Ma. Luisa is more authentic, or Anzanis. There is a new Italian in the Abaca chain - on AS Fortuna but can't remember the name. Pretty good food and a stylish place. I would stick with La Tegola though.