Sign in to follow this  
expat08

Best Restaurants in Cebu

expat08

Olio looks nice. Couldn't last nite with R&R since having allergies again and sick. Still think PINO and Chateau De Busay are the best pinoy restaurants in Cebu and top in the Philippines but you need a decent budget for it. (expect to pay American Prices of Fine Dining).

expat08

you sure get about a bit for a youngster lol

What youngster expat living, working and studying abroad doesn't? I also mingle a great deal with filipinos in the area.....so I find hidden gems.

OH....

The BBQ Deep Fried place next to Sanciangko and Osmena downtown in Colon. (next to Sogo Hotel). Fricken love it there.

Headshot

For really good Filipino food, it is difficult to find anyplace better than the Lighthouse Restaurant. It has a lot Filipino dishes that are not common in other Filipino restaurants here. There are two locations...one on Mango Avenue (right next to the Mango Park Hotel) and the other at Country Mall.

• Like 1

expat08

For really good Filipino food, it is difficult to find anyplace better than the Lighthouse Restaurant. It has a lot Filipino dishes that are not common in other Filipino restaurants here. There are two locations...one on Mango Avenue (right next to the Mango Park Hotel) and the other at Country Mall.

I've never been there yet.

expat08

It depends on the restaurant staff as well for the service. Not just food. Sometimes that will go downhill cause of the chef or go up cause of it.

ellenbrook2001

hmm a very hard topic everyone have different taste anywhere too judge a RESTAURANT you have too be a gourmet and know real food many international restaurant here do have dishes name or hes not the original unless you have traveled the word then eat at the best renowned restaurant ,you can start talk about it i did eat many places here i would give 5 out of 10 that all very very disappointing i love salmon and always order that dishes unfortunately they always over cook dry grrrr if i order a fillet steak very rare he come medium if i do ask blue they do not know ,has Peking duck very hard too have a very good one same has bread even 5 star hotel bread hes average has the croissant not very crispy then less butter hmmm i can go on and on i had a go too the head chef in MARCOPOLO french Canadian he did the FRENCH BEAUJOLAIS night was supposed french dishes all did taste not french at all did only eat the gratin DAUPHINOIS or also was watering they did forget the put cream on it or for economize the best part was the cheese all imported from FRANCE sorry guy that my experience has a FRENCH CHEF

• Like 1

expat08

hmm a very hard topic everyone have different taste anywhere too judge a RESTAURANT you have too be a gourmet and know real food many international restaurant here do have dishes name or hes not the original unless you have traveled the word then eat at the best renowned restaurant ,you can start talk about it i did eat many places here i would give 5 out of 10 that all very very disappointing i love salmon and always order that dishes unfortunately they always over cook dry grrrr if i order a fillet steak very rare he come medium if i do ask blue they do not know ,has Peking duck very hard too have a very good one same has bread even 5 star hotel bread hes average has the croissant not very crispy then less butter hmmm i can go on and on i had a go too the head chef in MARCOPOLO french Canadian he did the FRENCH BEAUJOLAIS night was supposed french dishes all did taste not french at all did only eat the gratin DAUPHINOIS or also was watering they did forget the put cream on it or for economize the best part was the cheese all imported from FRANCE sorry guy that my experience has a FRENCH CHEF

The French love their taste buds.

ellenbrook2001

well has kids we been teach how too savour foods hes religion there food first ,

miles-high

Tinderbox… Walk right into their cellar – choose wine, then decide what you like to have. The chef is very accommodating in preparing what you like with the wine (their Italian selection is better than French)…

expat08

Tinderbox… Walk right into their cellar – choose wine, then decide what you like to have. The chef is very accommodating in preparing what you like with the wine (their Italian selection is better than French)…

Food is pretty good there. Not amazingly perfect but it's good food.

shamgod41

Only decent burger in Cebu I know of is Brother's at BTC.

I don't think it's possible to get decent Mexican anywhere in the Phils. Even in Makati, I even went to the place the Mexican consulate allegedly eats at. It sucked. I wouldn't feed Moon Cafe's food to a goat. It takes audacity to even claim it's Mexican. Nice place to hang out though.

• Like 3

expat08

Only decent burger in Cebu I know of is Brother's at BTC.

I don't think it's possible to get decent Mexican anywhere in the Phils. Even in Makati, I even went to the place the Mexican consulate allegedly eats at. It sucked. I wouldn't feed Moon Cafe's food to a goat. It takes audacity to even claim it's Mexican. Nice place to hang out though.

I like Burger Joint

shamgod41

I like Burger Joint

Haven't been there. Where is it?

KeithAngel

Also worth a try is Casa Verde for ribs and steak near Fuente

Ching Palace for chinese salinas drive

Best Pizza yellow cab

• Like 1

David_LivinginTalisay

Abaca Boutique Resort & Restaurant

Punta Engaño Rd,

Lapu-Lapu City 6015, Philippines

+63 32 495 3461 ‎ ·

abacaresort.com

Abaca Restaurant

Abaca provides a full service California-Mediterranean inspired restaurant and bar featuring the cuisine of Australian Chef, Wade Watson. Wade's experience includes postings in Toronto, Sydney, Vancouver and Hong Kong.

The award winning restaurant is open to the public for lunch and dinner.

restothumb1.jpg

restothumb2.jpg

restothumb3.jpg

restothumb4.jpg

restothumb5.jpg

Special Occasions only perhaps, as it is touch expensive (for Philippines from Php1,000 per head typiclly, depending on what is oprdered and what you are drinking), but worth it for food quality, taste and class ambiance and decor.

Stay off the wine and cocktails, order a Pizza, it is not as expensive, if you just want to sample the place, and check it out.

• Like 2