Sign in to follow this  
expat08

Best Restaurants in Cebu

GBT62
41 minutes ago, Jack Rat said:

Now that's a pie!!!

well that's the second pie the restaurant made for me - that I brought home and froze.... ?

I will enjoy it tonight watching watchafl.com.au  - footy and pies go together like pork and rice ?

• Like 4

Jack Rat
50 minutes ago, GBT62 said:

well that's the second pie the restaurant made for me - that I brought home and froze.... ?

I will enjoy it tonight watching watchafl.com.au  - footy and pies go together like pork and rice ?

Footy, pies and.....beer......

• Like 1

RogerDuMond

How about an updated report, where are the best burgers in Cebu?

Enuff

It doesn't matter where the best burgers are in Cebu, these guys will piss and whine about a free BJ!

I notice the ones complaining aren't offering any feedback regarding a decent restaurant which tells me they have never been to one or they have never left mother's basement.

I don't care if it's a meal prepared with Sterno or microwave, a decent meal can be had anywhere. Fast food, slow food or frozen food. A decent meal is complied of many different aspects.

If you've never had a decent meal at McDonald's or Jollibee then chances are they aren't the problem, it's you. Saying pizza is the lowest form of food from the italian foodchain is fine too. But like hostels, inns, pension houses and hotels everything varies.

Instead of bitching and crying about everything how about stepping up and posting something positive or just go back to playing your Atari.

Sent from my CPH1819 using Tapatalk

• Haha 1

SkyMan
2 hours ago, Jack Rat said:

Now that's a pie!!!

That would look mighty tasty with some onions and gravy on it.  Mmmmmmmmm

• Haha 4

savarity

Best burger is a tough question.

I use to like the burgers at TGI in Manila, could order them rare even, but the ones I've had at TGI, Ayala Terraces were... yuck.

I've tried a lot of the local places/local chains; Zarks, Backyard, Flame It, Big Tom's, and there use to be a Fat Cow's across the street from Hotel Elizabeth. I never went back to any of them though, just blah, Zark's was pretty bad actually.

I guess I'd say Luncheonette at Robinson Cybergate, but it's just ok, sometimes good, but not great. Haven't really found a 'best' burger here yet.

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

• Like 3

SkyMan

Burger Joint.

• Like 3

Ozepete

The difference between good food and crap is hunger!!

My Bro and I were way out doing some fencing when our old cruiser caught fire and burnt everything including our tucker box. No wheels, no food just an old David Brown tractor, lots of diesel and water so off we went.. Near two days and we finally got to this whistle stop on a very remote road. The old guy there only had some very dubious looking pies but they were bloody delicious, best feed in the world! although they did have the greatest gravy / sauce ever.. hunger.  Still love a good beef pie or three especially when in the winter. 

• Like 1

HeyMike
50 minutes ago, Ozepete said:

The difference between good food and crap is hunger!!

Truer words have never been spoken.... I'm eating grass and dirt at the moment.

• Haha 1

Enuff

Best Burgers
1. Burger Joint 2. Luncheonette 3. Burger King

Best Pizza
1. Giovanni's 2. Tango Macaron 3. Michealangelo

Headshot
1 hour ago, Enuff said:

Best Burgers

Of course taste is just in the mind of the individual, but for me, it is still hard to beat a double Whopper with cheese with extra mayo and mustard ... but that's just me. One thing about Burger King in Cebu is that they don't do very many Whoppers, so when you order a double Whopper with cheese, it is guaranteed to be completely fresh.

Edited by Headshot

Davaoeno
1 hour ago, Enuff said:

Best Burgers

Best Pizza
1. Giovanni's 2. Tango Macaron 3. Michealangelo

Just a heads up to anyone heading to Michealangelo - the Escario branch is no more .

• Sad 1

max111
13 minutes ago, Headshot said:

.........One thing about Burger King in Cebu is that they don't do very many Whoppers, so when you order a double Whopper with cheese, it is guaranteed to be completely fresh.

That's the way it should be, made at order to guarantee as fresh burger as possible.

I actually thought it was ordered so worldwide by these burger giants, Mc'Do and BK.

The few times I've been into any of them here they prepare them only after I made my order. 

GBT62

Having bought my first car back in the 70's by working late nights at Hungry Jacks (the AU BK franchise) - I am always kinda partial to a Whopper when I can't find a decent local independent or chain.  Mind you - I like to load it with Onion Rings ? and yeah - it  was a cheap car.

The best meals were the ones we made for ourselves, not for customers. as we were able to load them with ingredients from the full menu ....

Here I've found the Flame-it Jalapeno to fill the gap when I want a solid carb-meal too - but I will have to search out these others mentioned here - thanks guys?

And from experience - if you get a vanilla  thickshake at BK that tastes weird n tangy ..... take it back. The shake machine  might've been primed using Mayo instead of  Vanilla  shake mix  by accident  by an opener-staff with a hangover -  trust me it happens ? ?

• Like 2

Headshot
37 minutes ago, GBT62 said:

The best meals were the ones we made for ourselves, not for customers. as we were able to load them with ingredients from the full menu ....

Same here. When I worked at Burger King, I would make myself a double Whopper with cheese (loaded) long before they ever appeared on the menu. Of course, I would always have onion rings and a chocolate shake to go with it. I suspect that Burger King gets a lot of its menu ideas from what their employees are making for their own breaks. I don't know if BK still lets the employees make something for their break, but it benefited both the employees and the company back when I worked for them. Hopefully, they still do that.