Best Restaurants in Cebu

to_dave007

Spice Fusion in SM and SM Seaside is a great value-for-money place with very generous portions and a very big menu of Asian dishes. 

I liked the food there but for me the portions were MORE than just generous... they were huge.

The first time I ate there I was alone..  and it was just too much.. would be better if there were two or more. 

But I did enjoy the food..  and lots of choices.

[and I only tried the one at SM City]

Edited by to_dave007
  • Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headshot

• GBT62

• expat08

• Enuff

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

good advice and i wish i had followed it last week. true story...me and an English pal were hungry and wanted to grab a quick lunch so we went to a new place that opened below the national book store

Couldn't agree more! Chunky meat, a nice onion sauce. Only one small quibble, the chips were warm, not hot. Probably a result of the length of time it takes to make the pie! The Aussie Shiraz was

"Our Place" in Pelaez St in Colon has a Farmer's Breakfast for about 210 pesos. Two eggs, bacon, fried potato, pork chop, toast, two cups of coffee, a whiff of fried onion and tomato, butter and marma

Posted Images

samatm

Was at Giovanni's  Italia Pizza on Tuesday night... its better than ever.   Fast Service, Great Pizza, Spaghetti and Bruschetta.  At a very affordable price.   The place is not fancy-- but its homey.    If you love Authentic (AKA not Pinoy sugary pastas and Pizzas with fake cheese)  you will love Giovanni's.   If you fancy a really good sourdough bread topped with fresh tomatoes and olive oil, you will love Giovanni's ... WHERE?   Lapu Lapu  Grand Mall..across the mall on the side road going to the basement parking lot.        If you are from CEBU... the traffic is royal Pain in the A##  .. best to be in Mactan for other reasons and just stop in.     3 of  us ate and each had a bottle of Pale Pilsen all for about 500 Pesos.  A bargain.

Edited by samatm
  • Like 1

The Pigafetta on Escario St. has nice Risotto. It's as real as the one I had in L' ATELIER de Joël Robuchon, no cow breast though.

Environment is much finer than most Italian places in Ayala, while costing less. That rice was only 300+ but about one third amount of what I usually eat for lunch (may have to do with seafood, can't get full by it).

free bread is a disappointment last time, was better before. Steak and dessert are good.

mikewright

I'm pretty sure it's been mentioned before, but the Skillet Breakfast by Abacca, either at the Crossroads Banilad or at the Terraces Ayala, ain't bad. 495 pesos and you get what you pay for.  IMO, better than the Social's similar breakfast.

• Like 2

IMO, better than the Social's similar breakfast.

you mean the one with a lot of beans?

cafe sarree has Filipino breaskfast for less than 300: fish, egg, tapa meat and chorizo.

I still prefer beef steak though. can't fine one in the morning.

• Like 1
mikewright

cafe sarree has Filipino breaskfast for less than 300: fish, egg, tapa meat and chorizo.

"Our Place" in Pelaez St in Colon has a Farmer's Breakfast for about 210 pesos. Two eggs, bacon, fried potato, pork chop, toast, two cups of coffee, a whiff of fried onion and tomato, butter and marmalade, salt, pepper and ketchup, hard to beat if you are just looking at price.

My opinion was, you get what you pay for. Abacca does a better breakfast, but it costs more.

• Like 5
  • 1 year later...
mikewright

It's been over a year since the last post on this thread.

Are there any new restaurants in Cebu that have opened in that time which are highly recommended?

Am looking forward to getting back to Arano's in a few weeks' time, but some other recommendations would be appreciated.

Enuff
Are there any new restaurants in Cebu that have opened in that time which are highly recommended?
Am looking forward to getting back to Arano's in a few weeks' time, but some other recommendations would be appreciated.

Mike,

In Liloan a restaurant call Tango Macaron has opened. A French joint that moved from cebu. They have amazing food at ridiculously reasonable prices.

It's a cozy place right near the downtown lighthouse area. If your in the area let me know, I will show you around.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1
mikewright
10 minutes ago, Enuff said:

Mike,

In Liloan a restaurant call Tango Macaron has opened. A French joint that moved from cebu. They have amazing food at ridiculously reasonable prices.

It's a cozy place right near the downtown lighthouse area. If your in the area let me know, I will show you around.

Sent from my SM-J327P using Tapatalk

Thanks mate,  I'll make sure I'm in the area!

• Like 1
Freetochat

Came across a nice Swiss Coffee shop. Opposite Grand Mall at Basak, Mactan,  100 yards on the left on the access road to Collingwood Sub. Div.  Very nice coffee and the meals are good and reasonable in price.  Staff are good too.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
newtocebu
2 hours ago, Freetochat said:

Came across a nice Swiss Coffee shop. Opposite Grand Mall at Basak, Mactan,  100 yards on the left on the access road to Collingwood Sub. Div.  Very nice coffee and the meals are good and reasonable in price.  Staff are good too.

Id like to see a pic of that place if anyone ever goes to check it out

I used to live in Collingwood and am just curious to see how the area looks now

On 4/13/2018 at 4:27 PM, mikewright said:

if you are returning here for a while - make sure you get in a decent pie or sausage roll back home first :P

I have found 2 pie places so far in Cebu - neither used the correct pie crust - seems like empanada-style pastry is favored here, so the pies aren't flakey using puff or shortcrust. Abaca's were the best so far - sausage rolls I'll have to make if I can find sausage mince... 

I am yet to find a good turkish/middle eastern resto here - but do recommend the Greek place at Ayala - Cyma.   Not cheap, but the moussaka is tasty and most other meals seem to be pretty close to authentic greek :thumbs_up: 

I mostly enjoy and eat local foods - but always like when I find a decent international option as well.   

• Like 1
Id like to see a pic of that place if anyone ever goes to check it out
I used to live in Collingwood and am just curious to see how the area looks now
I've just been there for a coffee on that reccomendation.
Sorry didn't take a photo.
It's called Cafe Engleberg.
Coffee was good. 80p Americano.
But smallish cup.
The menu small and I wouldn't say it's cheap. Swiss breakfast 250p.
Mind you I live in Pattaya now where it's so competitive and 99 baht breakfasts are commonplace.

So going in towards Collingwood it's on the left. There's a newish set of strip mall type shops. Very modern and clean.

Sent from my vivo 1713 using Tapatalk

• Thanks 1
Davaoeno
1 hour ago, GBT62 said:

if you are returning here for a while - make sure you get in a decent pie or sausage roll back home first :P

I have found 2 pie places so far in Cebu - neither used the correct pie crust - seems like empanada-style pastry is favored here, so the pies aren't flakey using puff or shortcrust. Abaca's were the best so far - sausage rolls I'll have to make if I can find sausage mince... 

I am yet to find a good turkish/middle eastern resto here - but do recommend the Greek place at Ayala - Cyma.   Not cheap, but the moussaka is tasty and most other meals seem to be pretty close to authentic greek :thumbs_up: 

I mostly enjoy and eat local foods - but always like when I find a decent international option as well.   

There is a Lebanese restaurant at Escario Central

• Like 1
Freetochat
3 hours ago, GBT62 said:

Don't forget The Welsh Deli up near Manila for bacon, sausages, pies etc.  He does a good range and posts out in refrigerated boxes next day delivery.  https://www.facebook.com/pg/welshdeli/about/

IMG_3211.JPG

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1