Best Restaurants in Cebu

We dropped into Emerald Isle a couple of weeks ago for lunch.  I had the best fish (cod) and chips I've had for a long time - my wife was eyeing it all the time and eventually grabbed about half the fish and really regretted not ordering it herself! 

Also have tried The Social and New Orleans Restaurant on 4th level of the Ayala extension.  Nice places with pretty decent food - medium price I guess.

Italianni's on the Terraces is surprisingly good considering how busy it gets - their steamed clams are very nice.  Not too pricey and they now have a discount card deal where I think you pay P1500 upfront and get 20% off per meal so if you're a regular user and go in groups it pays back quite quickly.

Still like Circa 1900 for the ambience of the house.

• Replies 302
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headshot

• GBT62

• expat08

• mikewright

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

good advice and i wish i had followed it last week. true story...me and an English pal were hungry and wanted to grab a quick lunch so we went to a new place that opened below the national book store

Couldn't agree more! Chunky meat, a nice onion sauce. Only one small quibble, the chips were warm, not hot. Probably a result of the length of time it takes to make the pie! The Aussie Shiraz was

"Our Place" in Pelaez St in Colon has a Farmer's Breakfast for about 210 pesos. Two eggs, bacon, fried potato, pork chop, toast, two cups of coffee, a whiff of fried onion and tomato, butter and marma

Posted Images

This is a great thread.  Big thanks to all the contributors.

A good majority of these restaurants I have never visited and wonder if I was living under a rock during the years I lived there.

If I remember correctly...... I thought you were living on coconut juice and wheat grass diet during those years you lived here.

• Like 2

There is a new place called brusqe..??? or something like that next to the chicken place opposite the Korean supermarket

In salinas drive seems to always be full when I go past I have only had breakfast so far an was good

• 4 weeks later...

There is a new place called brusqe..??? or something like that next to the chicken place opposite the Korean supermarket

In salinas drive seems to always be full when I go past I have only had breakfast so far an was good

you mean Brique?

Rocketman

I went to Brique a month ago and wasn't impressed.  Meals were ok but small and all served on these small square plates.  It wasn't really bad, just not good enough to make me want to go back.  YMMV

• Like 1
  • 3 weeks later...
colemanlee

Looks like Ill be in Cebu the end of April, one of the priority's will be check out restaurants with real American food,  havent had that since Ive been here..and an unlimited supply of Jack Danials and Wild Turkey

• 4 months later...
Ozbrum

Report on a couple of restaurants in and around Cebu in last couple of weeks....

Pueblo Mexicana at Banilad Town Centre had a really good mixed plate of Mexican food.... though not an expert in this cuisine, really enjoyed our meal, good service too

Emerald Isle at Talamban, new fine dine restaurant, had a great Lamb curry and partner had fish and chips, excellent food, great service.

Hang Out at Compostello, new bar , Restaurant and Coffee shop..... had a simple meal but enjoyed the place, real pleasure to get a decent coffee and piece of cake to finish. Apparently live bands in outdoor setting on weekends, will be a success i am sure

Stranded  Place we found by accident after visiting some friends at Catmon, the place is between Carmen and Danao.... wow what a surprise..... really nice yacht club, at the back end of what looks like a closed down cement works, we only had a snack but was nice and the atmosphere was superb.

Cafe Georg at Banilad, just past Holliday spa..... have dined here several times and never had a bad meal, good comprehensive but simple menu, 

Can't leave without a mention to our new friend Roger who we visited on Tuesday this week.....he and his wife put on a wonderful lunch, Goat Kaldereta mmm really superb and Rogers Mango  (sauerkraut ) probably not the correct description, but was really nice....some other goodies.... then we viewed the goats...Thanks Dalia and Roger.

• Like 4
  • 10 months later...
rep1

The Persian Palate in mango mall has excellent humus and babaganous.

Are they cleaner than the one in Ayala? Their food is excellent but there were always cockroaches on table and last time there were even ants crawling out from my salad/kebab.

• 5 months later...
Mattnlenny

Does anyone know if The Ranch relocated or has it closed down completely?

• 1 month later...

Some recent restaurant experiences. 

Spice Fusion in SM and SM Seaside is a great value-for-money place with very generous portions and a very big menu of Asian dishes. 

No.9 on East Benedicto Street is a very pleasant Spanish restaurant with a good layout and good food. 

L'Artisan in Oak Ridge Business Park on  A.S.Fortuna is also worth a visit.  Had a great lamb shank there a couple of weeks ago.  Good value and not too pricey. The chef is French.

• Like 3

Does anyone know if The Ranch relocated or has it closed down completely?

A friend of mine bunked into Elvie and James in the mall and they told him that they had sold it to someone who would use it for a different type of restaurant and he said that it did not sound like they would be going back into business again.