Am I Pissing in the Wind?

MattFromGA

thanks matt.

I'm still wrapping my brain around this.

We've been shaken down at the airport before but it's hard to see how they can deny you access to a flight when you got a ticket and a visa.

Bloody oath. this is such a headache.

I believe you are misunderstanding me. Beyond successfully leaving Cebu/Manila, once you arrive in the USA, your wife will be scrutinized and potentially told she cannot enter the USA. If that happens, she will be held in a detention area until the airline can return her back (typically within a 24 hr period).

So, getting the b1/b2 visa is just step 1. Each time she enters the USA she could be sent home at the US airport. Because of that, I no longer trust the b1/b2 visa for serious travel plans. Thankfully my wife has her green card now. Number of times entering the USA does not make a difference for the changes she will get it the next time.

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shadow

• BossHog

• shamgod41

• SkyMan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

PM Larry in dumeguete(Shadow)-He's great about helping out people,

I would add in the "In your favor" catagory you mentioned she is well traveled right? That will help a lot, particularly first world countries. So it's about $130 plus her trip to Manila. No reason

Cost of applying for a tourist visa;   $160+ a trip to manila for her.   Accumulated costs of applying DCF;   $873+ a slightly longer trip to Manila.   Without assets/verifiable income it is u

BossHog

okay, thanks for clearing that up. i had hastily read that to mean that she could possibly be denied boarding in MNL>

So, you're saying that Filipinas entering the US WITH the tourist visa run the risk of being denied entry.

I wouldn't put my wife in the possible position of flying over the Pacific with a legal visa and run the risk of being detained.

There would be no issues with the paperwork suggesting we'd be applying for another visa.

This is planned as a short one time trip. We intend to live permanently in the Phils as we have a house here and kids in school, etc.

Edited by BossHog
MattFromGA

It doesnt matter in some ways what any Filipino brings on the flight. Whenever people on a b1/b2 visa enter the USA, they are being evaluated by someone who has a quota to fulfill. They want to find any excuse to deny entry, hold in detention and send back to the Philippines on the next possible earliest flight. Essentially it is there job to determine if this is the entry that person plans to never return back on. It happens on every entry into the USA.

Edwin

Hmmmm.... reading this thread makes me happy I am NOT American......I thought you guys are from the land of *FREEDOOM'...

The "land of the free" currently has 15,000,000+ illegal aliens. That is 6,000,000 more people than live in all of Sweden. If Sweden had 150,000 illegal aliens the Sedish government would be negligent not to scrutinize those traveling on tourist visas from developing nations.

The USA has not only the right, but a moral obligation to it's citizens, to limit it's immigration or restrict tourist visas based on a nation's past over-stay record. If so many Filipinos in the past had not over-stayed their tourist visas this might not be an issue now.

The USA is still the nation more people wish to immigrate to than any other. These immigrants can't all be crazy.

Back to BossHog...Best wishes on your attempt!

• Like 1
shadow

I believe you are misunderstanding me. Beyond successfully leaving Cebu/Manila, once you arrive in the USA, your wife will be scrutinized and potentially told she cannot enter the USA. If that happens, she will be held in a detention area until the airline can return her back (typically within a 24 hr period).

So, getting the b1/b2 visa is just step 1. Each time she enters the USA she could be sent home at the US airport. Because of that, I no longer trust the b1/b2 visa for serious travel plans. Thankfully my wife has her green card now. Number of times entering the USA does not make a difference for the changes she will get it the next time.

Matt, ANY visa holder can be turned away at the POE for any reason real or imagined by the immigration officer.

Larry in Dumaguete