Am I Pissing in the Wind?

BossHog
Without assets/verifiable income it is unlikely a tourist visa will be granted.

This is the stumbling block methinks. Our income-bearing "assets" are spread around a few outlying islands and marine products:in Korea:all untaxed.

we have ZERO showable income yet my wife of many-years-and-patience would like to fly with us.

I appreciate y'alls advice and we're gonna go ahead and apply,

not much to lose.

the missus is well composed.

i'll advise her not to bring along the bolo which is how she deals with most frustrations.

embassy still got them plexiglass windows?

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shadow

• BossHog

• shamgod41

• SkyMan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

PM Larry in dumeguete(Shadow)-He's great about helping out people,

I would add in the "In your favor" catagory you mentioned she is well traveled right? That will help a lot, particularly first world countries. So it's about $130 plus her trip to Manila. No reason

Cost of applying for a tourist visa;   $160+ a trip to manila for her.   Accumulated costs of applying DCF;   $873+ a slightly longer trip to Manila.   Without assets/verifiable income it is u

shadow

This is the stumbling block methinks. Our income-bearing "assets" are spread around a few outlying islands and marine products:in Korea:all untaxed.

we have ZERO showable income yet my wife of many-years-and-patience would like to fly with us.

I appreciate y'alls advice and we're gonna go ahead and apply,

not much to lose.

the missus is well composed.

i'll advise her not to bring along the bolo which is how she deals with most frustrations.

embassy still got them plexiglass windows?

The embassy doesn't really seem to care if the income is taxed, just so it is verifiable. Bank statements, remittance receipts, etc. will usually suffice.

Yes, now they have even more of them (windows).

Larry in Dumaguete

• Like 1
mpt1947

Cost of applying for a tourist visa;

$160+ a trip to manila for her.

Accumulated costs of applying DCF;

$873+ a slightly longer trip to Manila.

Without assets/verifiable income it is unlikely a tourist visa will be granted.

Without assets/verifiable income, a DCF will NOT be granted.

Larry in Dumaguete

Verifiable income for me or for her?

shadow

In the case of a tourist visa, for her is best. In the case of a spousal visa, either will do, so long as the income will continue after the move to the US.

Larry in Dumaguete

MattFromGA

IMHO you are taking a risk. Even if you get the tourist visa for your wife, she is judged again at the airport and could be turned away. I've had several Filipinos beyond my wife come to the USA via the tourist visa and you cannot assume that just because you got the visa they will actually get out the of the airport.

With the background you have, they will probably not give you the visa. If you do get the visa, dont bring any paperwork that could be taken as meaning you will stay. If your wife brings any paperwork needed to convert to green card, they will try to turn her away at the airport. I was personally told that they are on the lookout for people who want to do get their wife green card in the USA rather than while wife is in the Philippines because it is easier to deal with that way.

SkyMan

Her actually (for tourist visa) because she is the applicant which is why they don't let you in with her for the interview. For DCF the income needs to be US income because you are saying you both are moving to the US. I'm not sure if you had some business here if that income would count unless you can show the business will keep going when you leave. Edited by SkyMan
shadow
As long as

Her actually (for tourist visa) because she is the applicant which is why they don't let you in with her for the interview. For DCF the income needs to be US income because you are saying you both are moving to the US. I'm not sure if you had some business here if that income would count unless you can show the business will keep going when you leave.

As long as the income stream will continue it usually will be accepted. It can be income from anywhere. Quite a few are now using internet based income, and having no issues.

Larry in Dumaguete

BossHog
Even if you get the tourist visa for your wife, she is judged again at the airport and could be turned away.

thanks matt.

I'm still wrapping my brain around this.

We've been shaken down at the airport before but it's hard to see how they can deny you access to a flight when you got a ticket and a visa.

Bloody oath. this is such a headache.

shamgod41

We got our visa with zero hassle. The embassy was only interested in seeing my permanent residency and the US Passport of our kid. They gave cursory looks to all the other paperwork with a look of amusement.

You need and are qualified for a non immigrant visa. Using an immigrant visa for a trip where the intent is to return to the Phils is deceptive and may easily put you in position where you have to lie about your intentions. The embassy won't take kindly to that.

I doubt any one here has any credible evidence about success rates -- it's all anecdotal. To my knowledge, nothing has ever been published. Going by my experience, it's a 100% success rate, but that's based on a small sampling and thus unreliable. The Embassy Officers are so random in their decisions and some of them don't know the law very well.

shamgod41

thanks matt.

We've been shaken down at the airport before but it's hard to see how they can deny you access to a flight when you got a ticket and a visa.

They can easily kick you off a flight. Arguing with a ticket agent can get you booted.

Headache? Wait til the night before the interview. You'll see.

Hmmmm.... reading this thread makes me happy I am NOT American......I thought you guys are from the land of *FREEDOOM'...

• Like 1
shamgod41

Hmmmm.... reading this thread makes me happy I am NOT American......I thought you guys are from the land of *FREEDOOM'...

You're uninformed. Freedom is something we fight for in other countries so we can get their resources, not really something we have a lot of in the homeland.

shadow

We are from the land of freedom. We had the freedom to move to the Philippines where we are free!

Larry in Dumaguete

shadow

thanks matt.

I'm still wrapping my brain around this.

As long as your paperwork is in order, you are polite, and you give no reason for suspicion, there is very seldom a problem. The major hurdle will be getting her a visa, the rest is not worth worrying about.

Larry in Dumaguete

smokey

you know this is off topic but it does address the op question as a matter of fact... pissing is a messy thing to do if your on a in flight helicopter and your on the gunner side with the door open...