• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cebubird

• Paul

• tobster

• drswain

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

an update--He died of a heart attack. He had son and daughter in Navy and they had both just came to visit recently. Matter of fact daughter just went back to US 2 weeks ago. He and wife Kristy also

She will be okay. He and I spoke about that some time back.

Just found out. I'll miss you Sam.

Posted Images

Paul

Hi Phillip. By the way, folks, Phillip is one of Sam's sons who lives in the US. I had the pleasure of meeting Phillip during his trip to the Philippines last year.

cebubird

No Phillip, I don't. Didn't know what to expect at a funeral here, so we didn't take a camera. There were lot of people there, but i didn't see anyone taking pictures.I actually had one of the guys on here send me the pic that he posted on here. I got to spend a little time with your brother Sam and he and I had a few tears together.

I liked your dad a lot and we made many trips to the grill just to spend time talking with him. We would sit and bore my wife to tears while we talked about all kinds of recioes.

By the turn out for the funeral a lot of people like him.

My condolences to you.

PapaRay

I never had the privilege to know this man but it sounds like he was a decent person my condolences to the family

phillip watkins

i hope to be returning the end of this year i have worked very hard to move there 2 full time job for over a year one 7 days a week almost over i hope.

fanboat

I really liked Sam

sorry he has passed

Edited by fanboat
cebubird

Planned to mention this before, but it sort of slipped my mind whenever I was on here.

Sam had been complaining of the chest pains for couple of days, so he had told his wife that they might need to go to doctor.

He checked in the hospital at midnite--actually was already being "interviewed" at midnite, and two hours later he was dead

Im not saying it has never happened, but I have never heard of a person checking into an emergency room in a US hospital, and being dead 2 hours later. Seems it is quite routine here tho to check into a hospital for ANYTHING and soon be dead.

just yesterday read in paper about a young man taking his 70+ cousin into emergency room and they sent the young man out to buy medicine and when he got back the guy was already dead and picked up by a funeral home.--

Anyway, Kristy told us that she is gathering/collecting all the records she can get her hands on from the hospital, which BTW, no surprise to many of us here was S. Gen in Naga.

• Admin (Retired)
broden

I really liked Sam

sorry he has passed

glad to see you're still with us Fanboat

• 2 weeks later...

Hello everyone.

I am Sam's oldest daughter, Dawn. Just wanted to say hello from Pearland, Texas. I will send pics of his grandchildren as soon as I figure out how. My son is special needs with autism, so I could not attend my dad's funeral. Sean would not have been able to handle the long flight.

I served in the Army as a mechanic, and now I am a teacher in Pasadena, Texas. I'm currently working on my Masters. I hope to meet you all in DEcember if everything works out.

I wish i was able to make it to the funeral any pics?

sam has pictures

• 1 month later...

I just happened to find a photo of Sam, while looking through some other images I have here. I added it to the OP of this thread.