• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• cebubird

• Paul

• tobster

• drswain

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

an update--He died of a heart attack. He had son and daughter in Navy and they had both just came to visit recently. Matter of fact daughter just went back to US 2 weeks ago. He and wife Kristy also

She will be okay. He and I spoke about that some time back.

Just found out. I'll miss you Sam.

Posted Images

Billyand

I got the message this afternoon from his workers. Me and Sam was close Friends! I known him since 2006. Had a lot of

parties together. Met him first at another hangout at Jim Meatcalf, behind Gaisano Carcar. He too died in 2007. Remember

Sam started his restaurant across the street from Gaisano way back.

I'm sorry to hear about his sudden death. When I got the message I called I friend to tell, and he said that Sam was fresh and active the day before. He was there!

Peace be whit you Sam! My thoughts and Condulanses to the family! RIP Sam!

Edited by Billyand
smidsy

Sam thought me the hard way, never to play Texas Hold'em against a Texan ! - costly night ! :broden::rolleyes:

He was a good guy, and wil be missed in Carcar.

:rip:

cebubird

Surprised there havent been more comments about Sam.

If anyone is interested-His wife told us last night that she was trying to get all the paperwork done so that their 2 Sailors could get the approval to come here for the funeral.

Paul

I don't know how many people who are active on the forums, knew him. However, I do know there are a few down in Argao and Dalaguete who are members, but don't post that often.

tobster

I know him and my wife was only talking to him at Giasano on Saturday. Man I am going to miss him and I hope his place keeps going

tobster

I knew him and my wife talked to him on Sturday at Gaisano. I will miss him and I hope his plac will stay open cos I love the tacos...........

Runian

My condolences to the family, it was nice to meet him and talk over coffee while making my pit stops passing through Carcar

RIP

SkyMan

Didn't know him on a personal level but always stopped at the Campfire Grill if I was near there. Sam was always cordial and if nobody was in there besides him he'd ask if we wanted to watch something else on the TV. Tacos, a burrito, and deviled eggs. A lethal combo. I think I still have their cell number on my phone. If I knew I was going to be there I'd txt ahead for them to buy a Grande and put it in the freezer. Never worked but it was worth a try. Sam was agood manager always asking how the food was. Hope the resto stays.

RIP Sam and prayers to the family.

• Like 1
tobster

Didn't know him on a personal level but always stopped at the Campfire Grill if I was near there. Sam was always cordial and if nobody was in there besides him he'd ask if we wanted to watch something else on the TV. Tacos, a burrito, and deviled eggs. A lethal combo. I think I still have their cell number on my phone. If I knew I was going to be there I'd txt ahead for them to buy a Grande and put it in the freezer. Never worked but it was worth a try. Sam was agood manager always asking how the food was. Hope the resto stays.

RIP Sam and prayers to the family.

Amen to that Skyman

HeyMike

I used to go to the Campfire every Wednesday for the wednesday night poker game. All week I would look forward to this. It was a great time to bs and have fun. And after a few drinks.... maybe get a little loud... but always in fun. First Bill, and now Sam. R I P my friends.

My Condolences to the family....

I was able to talk to him about his burgers when I ate at Campfire Grill last year. Great guy..RIP

DSC05273.jpg

Edited by caloy
  • Like 1
Billyand

Kristin was at my wife's office in Naga yesterday to get his death-certificate digitalized. To send as prow for the two kids to came home for the funeral. She further said that the store will be kept open until the rent/ leasing contract is out in a couple of years. Thereafter there is a plan for a new location at their home where the new South road will pas by Carcar center. As told , His son from a former marriage arrived yesterday afternoon. The time and date for Funeral is yet not set. They are waiting the two other Kids to come. When I know, Ill let you know.....

• Like 1
cebubird

The sailors arrive tomorrow-funeral tentatively planned for Wednesday.

BTW Sam was 67.

cebubird

There was really large turnout for Sam's funeral yesterday including many "whitefaces". I guess maybe 20-25 foreigners were there. Didn't know there were any nice cemetaries about-but this is really a nice clean and peaceful site.

BTW Kristy said she will re-open the grill next Monday morn