Would you mind sharing the cost of the system you have

Just giving you the estimates...

100 watts panels @ 16K/panel

golf cart batteries 6v @ around 5k/battery

royal cord 75m @ 8k

electrician @ 1,500

flat bars (for the solar panel supports) 2k

labor for the installation 1k

Will ask my in-law how much the charge controller & inverter prices.

• Like 1
  • Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KennyF

• misty

• sjp

• Cuda

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My in-law actually got the charge controller & inverter from a solar installer there in Cebu! The solar installer sells his 100 watts panel @ 22k. We got ours from local store that sells "made in

Not really, they are too expensive for most people. As far as expats go i think most rent so no panels there.As for 1 & 3, much of that depends on where you live and what's available there. More

We recently installed 1080w of solar panels, plus the necessary inverters, charge controllers & a total of 12 200ah batteries. It's for two houses, one house is completely off the grid except for

Posted Images

golf cart batteries 6v @ around 5k/battery

royal cord 75m @ 8k

electrician @ 1,500

flat bars (for the solar panel supports) 2k

labor for the installation 1k

Will ask my in-law how much the charge controller & inverter prices.

Yes I would be very interested in those prices too. Thank you

Paul

Excellent topic. Thanks.

KennyF

Great stuff if you cant get onto the grid but if you are able to access the grid, won't it take rather a long time to get the value off this kit back? I mean, were talking close to 200,000 pesos to set this up as near as I can figure.

KonGC

• Like 1

Yes I would be very interested in those prices too. Thank you

Charge controller @ 4k

Inverter @ 10k

• Like 1

Great stuff if you cant get onto the grid but if you are able to access the grid, won't it take rather a long time to get the value off this kit back? I mean, were talking close to 200,000 pesos to set this up as near as I can figure.

KonGC

78164506.jpg

Similar set up to this one but less cheaper than the price quoted since our labor & installation cost only came up to 2,500. hehe

KonGC

At an average consumption of 400 KW/ month at P10 per unit it will take about 5 years to break even.

thebob

I think this is where the main savings could be made in a DIY system. 1000 watts at that price is 160,000 pesos.

Making your own panels from bare cells could cut this cost considerably.

I'd be interested to know where you bought the charge controller and the inverter.

It is actually quite cheap to build a charge controller! But the inverter is a different matter.

KennyF

At an average consumption of 400 KW/ month at P10 per unit it will take about 5 years to break even.

That assumes a monthly electricity bill of 3,333 pesos.

Is that normal for an established home?

KonGC

KennyF

78164506.jpg

I'm a bit confused by this label.

The panels are 18v? is that normal?

It's an 800w set but the inverter is 12v 600w?

The inverter is pure sine wave? Why? Expensive and not generally needed.

The battery is 6v? It's deep cycle, which due to the inverter, is not needed.

Can run 2 x 3watt LED bulbs for 10 hours? Whoopdedo!

Run a 50 watt PC for only 2 hours but a 500w pump for 1 hour???

KonGC

We recently installed 1080w of solar panels, plus the necessary inverters, charge controllers & a total of 12 200ah batteries. It's for two houses, one house is completely off the grid except for the shower heater, that uses 800watts of solar. The other 280wattts is for the other house just for lights & computer systems.

I've been to our local electric company to inform them of the switch. They have a meter reader who is useless and I don't think he knows how to read the meter properly (our meter is a least 10ft from the ground). Anyways, our electric company will send their "investigator" to read our meter on our scheduled meter reading day this coming month & we'll see if it matches with the meter reader's reading.

The house that uses 800 watts, What all are you running in the house with that 800 watts.

KonGC

with converter and controller I calculated a total of 250,000 pesos. It would take a long time to recoup that, Considering in 5 years the batteries might need replacing.

1,000 watts is not that much but if it could run your aircon that would reduce your electrical bill quite a bit. If you want uninterrupted aircon and a long term return on money it could be the way to go. We have to realize that the price of electricity will continue to increase which would help your saving some. I would worry what they may come up with in the next 5 years with solar ( cost wise and technology ). I am usually a person that buys something when it first comes out and pay top dollar for it only to find in 4 or 5 months that there is something way better at half the cost. There is a lot of research going into solar and it looks promising for the price to come down quite a bit in the future. But I would like to jump in soon and get involved with it as i,m not getting any younger.

KennyF

The other thing to consider is how long you plan to stay in that house?

I know most plan to spend the rest of their life there but we all know it doesn't work out that way.

If you sell up, can you take the system with you?

If you leave it set up, will it add 250,000 to your selling price?

KonGC

smokey

The other thing to consider is how long you plan to stay in that house?

I know most plan to spend the rest of their life there but we all know it doesn't work out that way.

If you sell up, can you take the system with you?

If you leave it set up, will it add 250,000 to your selling price?

KonGC

what is common is add up all it cost to build and supply your house cut that in half and you now have a price that it might sell for if your lucky