Solar panels to ease electric bill...?

ILoveCyrus

Are roof top solar panels becoming popular in Pinas? I just wanted to see what the opinions or trends are out there. I hear that electricity is very expensive so any free help from the sun will be helpful.

also:

1. how much is typical phone line or lines at home?

2. how much for typical gas and water bill for family of 3?

3. how much for internet access at home?

Any info on these matter will be helpful to me. I want to see what monthly bills will amount to....hahaha

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• KennyF

• misty

• sjp

• Cuda

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

My in-law actually got the charge controller & inverter from a solar installer there in Cebu! The solar installer sells his 100 watts panel @ 22k. We got ours from local store that sells "made in

Not really, they are too expensive for most people. As far as expats go i think most rent so no panels there.As for 1 & 3, much of that depends on where you live and what's available there. More

We recently installed 1080w of solar panels, plus the necessary inverters, charge controllers & a total of 12 200ah batteries. It's for two houses, one house is completely off the grid except for

Posted Images

David_LivinginTalisay

Are roof top solar panels becoming popular in Pinas? I just wanted to see what the opinions or trends are out there. I hear that electricity is very expensive so any free help from the sun will be helpful.

also:

1. how much is typical phone line or lines at home?

2. how much for typical gas and water bill for family of 3?

3. how much for internet access at home?

Any info on these matter will be helpful to me. I want to see what monthly bills will amount to....hahaha

You might find it a bit useful and helpful to try searching the Forum first, as several Threads on this Topic of PV Solar

This one was only started 5 days ago, that I made several posts to.:-

Where to buy solar panels?

in Electricity: Philippines Brownouts, Generators, Solar & Wind Power

Started by shielaerin, 19 May 2012

You missed out on a good Promo from PLDT

3-day PLDT MyDSL promo

POSTED BY MIGS CATEGORIES: COMPUTERS, FEATURED, PROMOS, SALE ALERT, TECH NEWS

Your use for the first month is FREE!

pldtpromo.jpg

PLDT MyDSL is offering FREE WiFI Modem, FREE installation, and FREE first month free for new subscribers who will apply for a PLDT MyDSL connection beginning today, April 27, until April 29.

pldt_mydsl_promo.jpg

SkyMan
Not really, they are too expensive for most people. As far as expats go i think most rent so no panels there.
1. how much is typical phone line or lines at home? 2. how much for typical gas and water bill for family of 3? 3. how much for internet access at home?
As for 1 & 3, much of that depends on where you live and what's available there. More is avalaible in Cebu City and less as you move out, also as you move out from the city, more is available near the highway and less as you move inland. You don't have to get far from the highway before nothing is available. I live in Liloan and when I lived near the highway I Globelines 3Mb DSL with landline phone for about p2300/mo. Now I'm about 1.5 KMs in from the highway and though nothng wired is available expect electricity, I am on a high hill and so have pretty good signal for Globelines WiMax 2Mb service with landline for p1300. You may find you don't really need a landline though. I didn't have one for 2 years and only have it now for my wife to call her mom at work. Doesn't get much use other than that. 2. Minimum water bill is about p150 and probably enough for a typical family of three. If you have a washing machine or gardens to water maybe higher. That gets you 10 cu meter which is quite a bit. By gas you mean propane, right? Depends on how much cooking you do and the efficiency of your stove. We have the typical small tank and I refill it about every 6 months, about p900 the last time. Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 1
ILoveCyrus

thanks for the information...I will search forum next time before posting.

Martwain

thanks for the information...I will search forum next time before posting.

That's ok. Welcome to the forum :)

musicman666

I have my water tank up underneath the roof and during the day I can get a warm shower....if I was to run a coiled hose over the roof fed by a low power aquatic pump back into the tank which i could insulate i guess I could have warm water 24/7.... Low tech but but it's cheap... maybe get the pump to work off a small solar panel if you want to keep the whole thing green.

Edited by musicman666
miles-high

Wow.... I just got a great invention idea and share it with you guys… an LCD panel that turns into a photocell when off… e.g., when you are not using iPad, the panel recharges the battery… :yahoo::horray::dance::rolleyes::D

musicman666

Wow.... I just got a great invention idea and share it with you guys… an LCD panel that turns into a photocell when off… e.g., when you are not using iPad, the panel recharges the battery… :yahoo::horray::dance::rolleyes::D

I think apple already have that one pitched in for the iPad 7....

Woolf

I have my water tank up underneath the roof and during the day I can get a warm shower....if I was to run a coiled hose over the roof fed by a low power aquatic pump back into the tank which i could insulate i guess I could have warm water 24/7.... Low tech but but it's cheap... maybe get the pump to work off a small solar panel if you want to keep the whole thing green.

Be careful with heated water, can cause Legionella pneumophila specially when water temp is 20 - 50 c (68 - 122 f)

There have been outbreaks because the hot water storage tanks was kept at about 45 c, you can get infected when you take a shower

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legionellosis

We recently installed 1080w of solar panels, plus the necessary inverters, charge controllers & a total of 12 200ah batteries. It's for two houses, one house is completely off the grid except for the shower heater, that uses 800watts of solar. The other 280wattts is for the other house just for lights & computer systems.

I've been to our local electric company to inform them of the switch. They have a meter reader who is useless and I don't think he knows how to read the meter properly (our meter is a least 10ft from the ground). Anyways, our electric company will send their "investigator" to read our meter on our scheduled meter reading day this coming month & we'll see if it matches with the meter reader's reading.

• Like 1
musicman666

Surely this potential problem applies to just about every water storage tank that is exposed to the sun?.... Is there a lot of this bacteria going about the Philippines?

• 5 weeks later...

We recently installed 1080w of solar panels, plus the necessary inverters, charge controllers & a total of 12 200ah batteries. It's for two houses, one house is completely off the grid except for the shower heater, that uses 800watts of solar. The other 280wattts is for the other house just for lights & computer systems.

I've been to our local electric company to inform them of the switch. They have a meter reader who is useless and I don't think he knows how to read the meter properly (our meter is a least 10ft from the ground). Anyways, our electric company will send their "investigator" to read our meter on our scheduled meter reading day this coming month & we'll see if it matches with the meter reader's reading.

Would you mind sharing the cost of the system you have

towboat72

yes i would also be interested in knowing that because i want to do that too

miles-high
They have a meter reader who is useless and I don't think he knows how to read the meter properly (our meter is a least 10ft from the ground).

Make sure he knows which one is yours... ;)

meralco1.jpg