Sign in to follow this  
Forex

Resident Visas - Quota, 13A, SRRV

Reynaldo

INFORMATION ON QUOTA IMMIGRANT VISA UNDER SECTION 13 OF THE PHILIPPINE IMMIGRATION ACT OF 1940 AS AMENDED

Section 13 of the Philippine Immigration Act provides for the admission into the Philippines of quota immigrants not exceeding fifty (50) annually of any one nationality. Stateless persons shall also have a quota of fifty (50).

To qualify for this visa, the applicant must satisfactorily establish that:

1. He has lawfully entered the Philippines and remains under a lawful admission status;

2. There is no record of any derogatory information against him in any local or foreign law enforcement agency;

3. He is not afflicted with any dangerous, contagious or loathsome disease;

4. He has not violated any law or ordinance;

5. He is possessed of qualifications, skills, scientific, educational or technical knowledge which will advance and be beneficial to the national interest;

6. There is a reciprocity agreement for a similar resident visa between his country and the Philippines;

7. He has not been confined in any mental institution; and

8. He has sufficient capital for a viable and sustainable investment which is approved by the Commissioner of immigration.

The request for the allotment of quota numbers on the application of foreign nationals for quota visa should be made directly by the foreign nationals or their appointed representatives to the Bureau of immigration and comply with the following requirements and fees:

325]
A filing fee of Ten Thousand Five Hundred Ten Philippine Pesos (P10,510.00) must be paid upon submission of the application for allotment of quota number;

325]
Proof of applicant’s actual investment in the Philippines of at least US$40,000.00 or possess special qualifications, skills, or educational/technical knowledge which will advance and be beneficial to the national interest;

325]
Pursuant to Sections 18 and 19 of the Philippine Immigration Act, preference should be accorded to those who are residing in the Philippines.

BI is issuing a checklist that now list at least $50,000 U.S. You may pickup a ckecklist during your next visit from Ana in Mandaue.

Additionally, You can only apply in Manila for a Qutoa Visa.

hyaku

I have no idea what it is for a Quota visa

you might want to read post #22 . Of course that is only the official fees, and i understand that if you want to get one you will need to throw in another 200K or so to the right people.

I paid the immigration attorney for what he described as 'expenses'. But it was quickly processed. They even gave me a call. Of course now its provisional and you have to go back in one year. My biggest surprise was that I expected to just be able to leave the country and come back. I left last week and was surprised when I found out it cost over 2000 to actualy leave.  Wonder what it will cost when I come back next week?

Boondog1

I was told 150K by an agency for the quoto...and Im sure they were making a 20% markup.Lifetime Quota.Here in Cebu.

Cheers,

Hans

fivestarph

I believe if you have a 13A VISA, one must pay the following each time one leaves the country.

a] Peso 1,620.00 Travel tax

b] Peso 2170.00 Exit permit

In addition annually one has to pay

a] Peso 310 Annual head count 

b] Peso 700 Exit permit renewal.

I also believe every 5 years one has to renew one's 13A, which costs around Peso 3,000

SkyMan

I believe if you have a 13A VISA, one must pay the following each time one leaves the country.

a] Peso 1,620.00 Travel tax   So I'm told but I've never been asked to pay it.

b] Peso 2170.00 Exit permit It's about p3800 so maybe the travel tax is included there.

In addition annually one has to pay

a] Peso 310 Annual head count Yes

b] Peso 700 Exit permit renewal. No

I also believe every 5 years one has to renew one's 13A, which costs around Peso 3,000

No, the permanent resident visa is permanent.  You do need to get a new ACR-I which is $50 (In the peso rate of the day.)

Davaoeno

No, the permanent resident visa is permanent.  You do need to get a new ACR-I which is $50 (In the peso rate of the day.)

I have a permanent resident visa [ SRRV] and i have never had an ACR-1

Forex

I've recently been told, unofficially but a reliable source, that Quota visas have been suspended pending investigation.  Apparently there has been a lot of bribes and corruption attached to these visas (surprise, surprise).

The door hasn't been closed yet on Quota visas but they are presently drafting strict guidelines to get one.

Kabisay-an gid

I have a permanent resident visa [ SRRV] and i have never had an ACR-1

A 13a Permanent Resident Visa and the SRRV are two different visas.

Davaoeno

I know. I was just pointing out to Skyman that his wording was a bit too general

Nangulo

Let's not get picky.  An SRRV allows one to be a permanent resident.   ACR cards and exit clearances are waived for holders in good standing.

Shanebo

I have a Probationary 13-A card that will expire while I am out of the country. I am assuming I will have to enter the country with my passport and then proceed to the immigration office ASAP and have my card updated......Has anyone ever been in this situation?

Thanks Much

SkyMan

I know. I was just pointing out to Skyman that his wording was a bit too general

Not really.  The perm res visa is the 13A.  While the SRRV is permanent and allows residence, it's an SRRV, not a permanent resident visa.

Annnnnnnnd, if you'll notice I was replying to someone regarding the 13A, not just a perm res visa.

austwin

Does a Quota Visa permit me to own land ??..or is this still a no no ?? ...meaning to say impossible.

hyaku

I would suspect that they mean doctor, university professor or similar, not plumber or car salesman.

KonGC

I could have got this one 9 years ago doing voluntary classes at San Carlos. It was suggested to

I would suspect that they mean doctor, university professor or similar, not plumber or car salesman.

KonGC

It was suggested to me that I do this one when I did voluntary lessons at San Carlos. The fee then was 500 pesos.

spooks

Does a Quota Visa permit me to own land ??..or is this still a no no ?? ...meaning to say impossible.

to own land you have to be a citizen not a resident, so the answer is still; no, nay, never