Sign in to follow this  
Forex

Resident Visas - Quota, 13A, SRRV

State Trooper

I got a quota visa back in 2005. My wife (GF at the time) had a sister in law who worked at BI Manila (she now lives in the US). It took about 6 weeks processing. Fees were minimal but there was some greasing that had to be done. It was well worth it. It paid for itself in about 18 months if I would have had to renew my tourist visa constantly. Now its just a yearly report and P300.

They are a little more difficult to get since only 50 are given each year so as you might expect you need to apply early in the year.

I had to show a letter from the bank showing that I had substantial savings and that I would invest it here. Well I didnt invest it here. I dont want to give money details but if you want to PM me I can tell you what it all boils down to.

If you're married the easy route is the 13A. or just try for the Balikbayan privelage once per year.

• Like 1

Forex

Thanks all for you input.

The way I interpret the legislation is that one of your options for obtaining a Quota Visa is to invest at least $40,000 US in the Philippines. The question is would buying a condo be consider an investment here? If yes then you're half way home.

The second half of the equation is more complicated. It would seem that the allocation of a Quota Visa is entirely at the discretion of the BoI, which generally indicates that palms may need to be greased.

I understand that the allocation is 50 visas per country per annum and that you don't need to be married to a filipina to qualify.

I might have to get professional advice from an Immigration agent to determine exactly how much it will cost and whether its worthwhile pursuing.

Cheers

Reynaldo

$50.000 U.S. for quota visa, no guarantee it will be granted.

SRV is a better way for permanent residency for some people.

Davaoeno
$50.000 U.S. for quota visa

May I ask the source of your information please ? i find it strange that the government would set the fees in a foreign currency

• Like 1

Forex

May I ask the source of your information please ? i find it strange that the government would set the fees in a foreign currency

Not really. The SSRV has an application fee of $1,400 US and an annual fee of $360 US, so it is consistent.

Is the $50,000 US an application fee or the amount that needs to be invested?

easy44

$50.000 U.S. for quota visa, no guarantee it will be granted.

SRV is a better way for permanent residency for some people.

I don't think so. A close friend got his for P200,000 about 3 years ago. He knew someone in BI Manila. They may have gone up since then, but not 10 times to more than P2 million.

Davaoeno

QUOTA IMMIGRANT VISA FEE

Quota Visa Application Fees 1. Upon Filing PARTICULARS AMOUNT

• Application Fee

P 10,000.00

• Legal Research Fee

P 20.00

• Certificate Fee

P 1,010.00 Total P 10,520.00

• Express Lane Fee (Cert.)

P 500.00

• Express Lane Fee (Filing)

P 500.00 Total P 11,520.00

2. Upon Approval / Implementation PARTICULARS AMOUNT

• ARC & Form

P 1,050.00

• Change / Status

P 600.00

• ICR & Form

P 1,450.00

• Head Tax

P 250.00

• Passport Visa

P 200.00

• Implementation Fee

P 2,000.00

• Service Fee

P 200.00

• Legal Research Fee

P 60.00 Total P 5,810.00

• EXPRESS FEE

P 500.00 Total P 6,310.00

Last Update February 24, 2012

You are absolutely right about the SRRV fees being in US dollars- I forgot all about that. My bad.

Edited by DAVAOENO

SkyMan
I recently made some informal enquiries about obtaining a Quota Visa (13). However the information I received was either inconsistent, incorrect or ambiguous. For example the fees quoted on the BOI website state a total fee of approximately 16,000 pesos (as at 24th Feb 2012), but I was recently told, from a fairly reliable source, that it would cost me about 100,000 pesos to get one. Which is correct?
I didn't see if anyone cleared up this confusing for you but part of your problem is that a 13A is not a QUOTA visa. SO the p16K is about right for a 13A and I have no idea what it is for a Quota visa but p100K sounds low to me. Others can tell you more about that.

Davaoeno

I have sent a couple of texts re the process to get a quota visa and will update as i find out

SkyMan

you might want to read post #22 .

Sorry I was replying while you posted that Edited by SkyMan

Davaoeno
I have no idea what it is for a Quota visa

you might want to read post #22 . Of course that is only the official fees, and i understand that if you want to get one you will need to throw in another 200K or so to the right people.

Mailman

Even when said government considers foreign currency bank accounts to be more confidential then national defense documents? :P

• Like 1

Reynaldo

http://immigration.gov.ph/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=18&Itemid=37

Special Retiree Resident Visa

Who may apply for Special Retiree's Resident Visa (SRRV)?

A retiree who applies for a Special Resident Retiree Visa (SRRV) has the option to enroll to the program based from his retirement status.

Retirement Option and their Required Time Deposit

1. With Pension - 50 years old and above - the required time deposit is US$10,000.00 plus a monthly pension of US$800.00 for a single applicant and US$1,000 for couple.
  2. Without Pension

1. 35 to 49 years old - US$50,000.00 time deposit
    2. 50 years old and above - US$20,000.00 time deposit
    3. Former Filipino Citizens (at least 35 years old, regardless of the number of dependents - US$1,500.00)
    4. Ambassadors of Foreign Countries who served and retired in the Philippines, current and former staff members of international organizations including ADB (at least 50 years old) - US$1,500.00

[*]A resident retiree can bring with him, without additional deposit, his spouse and child who is unmarried and below 21 years old or if the spouse is not joining, two(2) children (provided they are unmarried and under 21 years of age.) Additional children with the same qualifications may also be allowed to join the principal retiree provided there is an additional deposit of US$15,000.00 per child. The said time deposit however, is subject the same and conditions with that of the principal deposit. This does not apply to former Filipino Citizens.

What is the validity of SRRV?

The holder of the SRRV may reside in the Philippines without securing extensions of his stay from the Bureau of Immigration.

Are SRRV holders exempted from Travel Tax?

PRA members who are holders of valid SRRV are exempted from paying travel tax provided they have not stayed in the Philippines for more than one year from the date of last entry into the country.

Can SRRV holder own real property in the Philippines?

No. If he or she is legally married to a Philippine citizen, he or she may construct a residential unit on a parcel of land owned and/or registered in the name of Philippine spouse. Natural-born former Filipinos whose SRRV has been issued may own/acquire a maximum area of 5,000 square meters of urban land and three (3) hectares of agricultural land.

Is the dollar deposit convertible to other currency?

The dollar deposit may be converted into peso after 30 days upon issuance of the Special Resident Retiree's Visa (SRRV).

Where do I get the approval of the SRRV?

The approval of your application will come from the Bureau of Immigration. The pre-evaluation of the application is made by the Philippine Retirement Authority where applications are filed.

How long is the processing time?

Processing time takes seven to ten working days upon receipt of complete requirements.

Can my spouse and unmarried minor children be granted an indefinite privilege to reside in the Philippines?

Yes. Your spouse and a legitimate or legally adopted unmarried child under twenty-one (21) may be given an indefinite status if they are accompanying or joining you soon after your admission into the country as such.

Is there an additional deposit for unmarried children if they are following or accompanying me?

Yes. There is an additional deposit of US$15,000.00 or any equivalent acceptable foreign currency for each additional legitimate or legally adopted unmarried child under twenty-one (21) years of age.

Reynaldo

INFORMATION ON QUOTA IMMIGRANT VISA UNDER SECTION 13 OF THE PHILIPPINE IMMIGRATION ACT OF 1940 AS AMENDED

Section 13 of the Philippine Immigration Act provides for the admission into the Philippines of quota immigrants not exceeding fifty (50) annually of any one nationality. Stateless persons shall also have a quota of fifty (50).

To qualify for this visa, the applicant must satisfactorily establish that:

1. He has lawfully entered the Philippines and remains under a lawful admission status;

2. There is no record of any derogatory information against him in any local or foreign law enforcement agency;

3. He is not afflicted with any dangerous, contagious or loathsome disease;

4. He has not violated any law or ordinance;

5. He is possessed of qualifications, skills, scientific, educational or technical knowledge which will advance and be beneficial to the national interest;

6. There is a reciprocity agreement for a similar resident visa between his country and the Philippines;

7. He has not been confined in any mental institution; and

8. He has sufficient capital for a viable and sustainable investment which is approved by the Commissioner of immigration.

The request for the allotment of quota numbers on the application of foreign nationals for quota visa should be made directly by the foreign nationals or their appointed representatives to the Bureau of immigration and comply with the following requirements and fees:

325]
A filing fee of Ten Thousand Five Hundred Ten Philippine Pesos (P10,510.00) must be paid upon submission of the application for allotment of quota number;

325]
Proof of applicant’s actual investment in the Philippines of at least US$40,000.00 or possess special qualifications, skills, or educational/technical knowledge which will advance and be beneficial to the national interest;

325]
Pursuant to Sections 18 and 19 of the Philippine Immigration Act, preference should be accorded to those who are residing in the Philippines.

BI is issuing a checklist that now list at least $50,000 U.S. You may pickup a ckecklist during your next visit from Ana in Mandaue.

Edited by Reynaldo

InternetTough

Not really. The SSRV has an application fee of $1,400 US and an annual fee of $360 US, so it is consistent.

Is the $50,000 US an application fee or the amount that needs to be invested?

Not only that, but in 2011 they wouldn't even take pesos for the basic fee. I had to pay them in dollars.

That seemed exceedingly strange to me---a government agency (the PRA ) not honoring the country's own currency!

The other fees---the app and annual fees, they also take the peso equivalents of the named US dollar amounts.

Edited by InternetTough