Sign in to follow this  
Forex

Resident Visas - Quota, 13A, SRRV

Forex

I recently made some informal enquiries about obtaining a Quota Visa (13).

However the information I received was either inconsistent, incorrect or ambiguous. For example the fees quoted on the BOI website state a total fee of approximately 16,000 pesos (as at 24th Feb 2012), but I was recently told, from a fairly reliable source, that it would cost me about 100,000 pesos to get one. Which is correct?

I understand that only 50 per country are granted each year. Is there a ranking system? Or is it 'first in, best dressed'?

Has anyone gone through the process of obtaining a Quota Visa? Is the effort worthwhile?

Thanks

KennyF
I understand that only 50 per country are granted each year.

My buddy on Camiguin has one.

I thought it was a TOTAL of 50, not each country but not so.

And I suspect you need a bigger investment than 100,000 pesos.

*------------------------------

The Philippines allows the admission of quota immigrants not exceeding fifty (50) annually of any nationality whose country has diplomatic relations with the Philippines or grants the same immigration privilege to Filipino citizens.

Qualifications for Quota Immigrant Visa

1. Lawfully entered the Philippines and remains under a lawful admission status

2. No record of any derogatory information in any local or foreign law enforcement agency

3. Not afflicted with any dangerous, contagious or loathsome disease

4. Not violated any law or ordinance

5. Possessed of qualifications, skills, scientific, educational or technical knowledge which will advance and be beneficial to the national interest

6. Has a reciprocity agreement for a similar resident visa between his/her country and the Philippines

7. Not been confined in any mental institution

8. Has sufficient capital for a viable and sustainable investment which is approved by the Commissioner of Immigration

*-----------------------------------

4. Affidavit of financial capacity and proof of investment in the Philippines of at least Forty-Thousand US Dollars ($40,000.00 USD), or possession of special qualification or skill as specified by the Bureau of Immigration

*------------------------------------

That's 1,750,000 pesos by my calculator.

KonGC

Edited by KennyF

Davaoeno

I heard 200,000 - but i never confirmed it .

Headshot

I heard 200,000 - but i never confirmed it .

I think there's a difference between how much you have to invest and how much the visa actually "costs" you. I have heard the "cost" is about 200k as well...payable to somebody high up in Immigration. That has nothing to do with how much you invest.

HTM

Perhaps you do not need money?

or possession of special qualification or skill as specified by the Bureau of Immigration

Davaoeno

I think there's a difference between how much you have to invest and how much the visa actually "costs" you. I have heard the "cost" is about 200k as well...payable to somebody high up in Immigration. That has nothing to do with how much you invest.

Actually now that this visa has been mentioned i think i will look into it . It would mean i could get back my SRRV 900,000 pesos which is held in a very low interest account and with which money I can easily make the 200,000 peso cost back .

I already have lots of money invested, so I think this visa could actually save me money. I wonder if they would want me to marry my gf for me to get approved ? On the other hand I intend to apply for citizenship as soon as I qualify , so will have to look into that as an alternative. Its maybe not worth getting a quota visa if I can get citizenship in a couple of years .

Edited by DAVAOENO

KennyF

>>> or possession of special qualification or skill as specified by the Bureau of Immigration

Perhaps you do not need money?

I would suspect that they mean doctor, university professor or similar, not plumber or car salesman.

KonGC

HTM

I think people like Guenther can get it, he makes an important contribution to the country voluntarily, and he has good

Philippines friends who can vouch or him.

A letter from the governor, senator, police chief or other important people can mean a lot while applying I think.......

"It's not what you know but who you know"

greatplace

I have a quota visa and I paid under a 1/3 of what they are asking today be that was along time ago....Last I heard they BOI was asking over 250,000php....You don't have to be married.......my visa is single....I pay 310php every year thats all.

Benifits hmmmmmmm.....obviously not having to extend your tourist visa.....after paying extensions for 4 years that would have paid for my Quota Visa...for me I am way in front.....The tourist visa guy's can answer this but the last I heard it cost roughly 23,000php/year for their extensions....don't quote me....

Secondly for me I feel part of the country being a permanent resident.......a little like being part of the furniture so to speak.....

I have no intension of gone back to the old country not even for a visit.....I don't have any family back there they are all deceased........except to pull the plug

out....

Problem......maybe ........I have 13 years to go before I can apply for a pension (I am sure the rules will chang many times in between).....what effect holding a permanent resident of another country.......how will that effect my application for a pension.....time will tell.

Personally its all up to the individual.....some prefer tourist some don't.....most are married.,,

If I can get another 30 years out of this old dog well that is alot of money to pay for visa extension....guess what I don't have to pay it :yahoo:

• Like 2

smokey

i think acr is the same except you need to be married... i have not been to BI except on personal visits from about 2008 i think i got one of the first cards and it cost me 35,000p and we had to go to manila to have it signed

Davaoeno
It's not what you know but who you know"

I think I'm a shoo in because Smokey said he would put in a good word for me !!

• Like 2

smokey

I think I'm a shoo in because Smokey said he would put in a good word for me !!

only if you leave a big tip on the counter... dude just get a acr .. oh yea your still not married officially still practicing

Headshot

I have a quota visa and I paid under a 1/3 of what they are asking today be that was along time ago....Last I heard they BOI was asking over 250,000php....You don't have to be married.......my visa is single....I pay 310php every year thats all.

Benifits hmmmmmmm.....obviously not having to extend your tourist visa.....after paying extensions for 4 years that would have paid for my Quota Visa...for me I am way in front.....The tourist visa guy's can answer this but the last I heard it cost roughly 23,000php/year for their extensions....don't quote me....

Secondly for me I feel part of the country being a permanent resident.......a little like being part of the furniture so to speak.....

I have no intension of gone back to the old country not even for a visit.....I don't have any family back there they are all deceased........except to pull the plug

out....

Problem......maybe ........I have 13 years to go before I can apply for a pension (I am sure the rules will chang many times in between).....what effect holding a permanent resident of another country.......how will that effect my application for a pension.....time will tell.

Personally its all up to the individual.....some prefer tourist some don't.....most are married.,,

If I can get another 30 years out of this old dog well that is alot of money to pay for visa extension....guess what I don't have to pay it :yahoo:

On a 13A visa, I also pay only 310p a year (the annual report fee). Long-term, pretty much any permanent resident visa is going to be cheaper than tourist visas. On the 13A, you get to the break even before two years, but then as you say, you must be married for that visa.

• Like 1

miles-high
On a 13A visa, I also pay only 310p a year (the annual report fee).

I would think you would have to take into consider the real-life, hidden cost of 13(a)… :rofl:

http://www.forbes.co..._0725costs.html

smokey

On a 13A visa, I also pay only 310p a year (the annual report fee). Long-term, pretty much any permanent resident visa is going to be cheaper than tourist visas. On the 13A, you get to the break even before two years, but then as you say, you must be married for that visa.

davao is not sure if he wants to follow the straight path of rightness or stay single for a while just in case he finds himself coming out of a closet some day smiling..

Edited by smokey