New visa extension rules

udonthani

They forget that this kind of mentality will drive away foreigners who pump MONEY into this Titanic of an economy.

foreign spending power in the Philippines is totally miniscule and a drop in the ocean. It's completely irrelevant to the economy as a whole.

Thai expats can suffer from this delusion as well, i.e. that their pension checks are a vital component of the economy. Rerality check needed.

• Like 1
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headshot

• SkyMan

• samatm

• throttleplate

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just from reading this forum over recent years I have seen many people who stay in the Philippines on a tourist visa. Some married or in a long-term relationship, or who stay for many reasons.   It

Filipino policy makers and law makers always insist on burning down the barn to get rid of the mice..   They forget that this kind of mentality will drive away foreigners who pump MONEY into this Ti

As Dragon said, it does seem that it is "business as usual" for most people renewing their tourist visas.   This new policy does exist but it seems that at the moment it is "targeted" at one particu

samatm

Yes

LoL.. I was the "a**wipe" that had spoken to head honcho of BI - Cebu. I guess my observations and direct conversations with BI management are not credible enough for Throttle Plate. I have been a member on this forum since 08 have posted quite a few but this will be my last. I find other forums regarding the Philippines more informative without the drama and abusive remarks.

Anyway I did return to the BI today to clear up my extension armed with an Eticket of my outward trip to Hong Kong, and 2 pictures for the ECC. I again had a meeting with the director Mr. Magdarang who by the way is running a great operation IMO and is much smoother than in years past. He cleared up the whole policy and outbound ticket situation. I will report on one of my other favorite forums as here my voice doesn't seem to appreciated much. I do appreciate those that did say thanks btw !

Adios fellas see ya elsewhere Its been real and Its been fun but it hasn't been real fun ;)

throttleplate
LoL.. I was the "a**wipe" that had spoken to head honcho of BI - Cebu. I guess my observations and direct conversations with BI management are not credible enough for Throttle Plate. I have been a member on this forum since 08 have posted quite a few but this will be my last. I find other forums regarding the Philippines more informative without the drama and abusive remarks. Anyway I did return to the BI today to clear up my extension armed with an Eticket of my outward trip to Hong Kong, and 2 pictures for the ECC. I again had a meeting with the director Mr. Magdarang who by the way is running a great operation IMO and is much smoother than in years past. He cleared up the whole policy and outbound ticket situation. I will report on one of my other favorite forums as here my voice doesn't seem to appreciated much. I do appreciate those that did say thanks btw ! Adios fellas see ya elsewhere Its been real and Its been fun but it hasn't been real fun
Damn dude whats with the drum role im leaving because i dont get no respect post?Cry me a river,man up and quit being a p*ssy,hell i dont even know you but you come off as if someone stole your mansack.I got pissed because of all the speculation about the visa process,you made it confusing because you brought into it a 23 month deal and most of us are concerned with the month to month so you just added more confusion,at least to me, maybe others it didnt.

This forumn can be like the stock market,one guy passes some bad stock news on speculation and the next thing the market is crashing because everyone is now freaking out and selling.Well i can say this,as rude as me and some others may come off,this is still the best site on the internet for information and conversing with others.I myself stayed away from this site a month ago because of,well if you been around you know why,but i couldnt find any site that was as imformative and interactive as this one that lets you express your opinions with lots of room for debate.i am sure you will be lurking in the background seeing you posted 1800 times in the past.I just wonder if you will be back as samatm or someone new?

musicman666

Do I get a medal for posting through the bad times and not flirting with the disentors?

• Admin (Retired)
broden

Do I get a medal for posting through the bad times and not flirting with the disentors?

it's in the mail

Davaoeno
Damn dude whats with the drum role im leaving because i dont get no respect post?

Hey , dont be too hard on the guy- when Eagle Tom left he posted his leaving on no less than 3 threads and then continued to post on all 3 threads for at least another 2 weeks ! :ROFLMAO: [ which i thought was kinda cute !]

I'm sure satatm is just like the rest of us who at least once a day decide something on Linc either pisses us off or so offends us that we decide to say the hell with it and I have better things to do with my time - and make the decision to NEVER EVER post here again, and then of course either a few minutes or hours later I realize how much i enjoy interacting with certain people here and put my offended attitude aside and get on with posting again .

• Like 2
ancienrocka

As Dragon said, it does seem that it is "business as usual" for most people renewing their tourist visas.

This new policy does exist but it seems that at the moment it is "targeted" at one particular group of tourists; the rumour is though that if it works it may be extended across the board.

Sorry to have caused any panic but I wanted to give people a "heads up" before they went there and found out too late. We deal with many government agencies each day and policies are constantly changing - it is hard in the early days of such a policy change when they are ironing out the "bugs" but after a while things settle down. As time goes on we will know the actual facts but at the moment it seems the new policy isn't across the board.

• Like 4