New visa extension rules

SkyMan

It is an exit clearance and the two I have gotten in the past had no re-entry.

But you don't have a 13A.
  • Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headshot

• SkyMan

• samatm

• throttleplate

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Just from reading this forum over recent years I have seen many people who stay in the Philippines on a tourist visa. Some married or in a long-term relationship, or who stay for many reasons.   It

Filipino policy makers and law makers always insist on burning down the barn to get rid of the mice..   They forget that this kind of mentality will drive away foreigners who pump MONEY into this Ti

As Dragon said, it does seem that it is "business as usual" for most people renewing their tourist visas.   This new policy does exist but it seems that at the moment it is "targeted" at one particu

SkyMan
An E-Ticket is considered an Original, that is what the airline checkin desk uses to verify that you have paid and they will issue a Boarding Pass based on that E-Ticket. So you can go to BoI with your E-Ticket showing that you have a means of leaving the country. The ticket departure doesn't have to be the same date as when you visa expires - it has to be at least that date, or Later. So you don't need to buy a new ticket for every time you extend your Visa.
Are you certain of all this? As the OP said, this is a new policy and you haven't needed to extend a tourist visa in some time. An eticket may not be enough. Anyone can doctor one on the computer to say whatever they want and print it out. This is definitely new policy as in the past all you needed to have was a departure ticket to get in country. Nobody checked after that.
As usual I didn't bother reading all the replies,
The complaining that is going on here reminds me of the enforcement of the dress code - when I extended my Visa the first time I was aware of a dress code and when I got to BoI there were signs posted informing the users (us) what the dress code was - I noted that many people had flip flops on, shorts, sleeveless shirts etc. On particularly warm days I wished I was in violation of the rules.
How do you know there is a lot of complaining without reading the replies? I don't think I saw any complaining but some people cast a wide net when considering something as a complaint. I read the replies and what I see is a lot of questions as to whether this info is correct and who it applies to etc. which I don't see as complaining.
  • Like 3
Davaoeno

snapback.pngmpt1947, on 23 May 2012 - 06:58 PM, said:

The complaining that is going on here reminds me of the enforcement of the dress code - when I extended my Visa the first time I was aware of a dress code and when I got to BoI there were signs posted informing the users (us) what the dress code was - I noted that many people had flip flops on, shorts, sleeveless shirts etc. On particularly warm days I wished I was in violation of the rules.

How do you know there is a lot of complaining without reading the replies? I don't think I saw any complaining but some people cast a wide net when considering something as a complaint. I read the replies and what I see is a lot of questions as to whether this info is correct and who it applies to etc. which I don't see as complaining.

I agree totally , and I really have to question the previous posts intentions in comments like this on Linc ? [ altho I do have a idea why !]

Edited by DAVAOENO
mpt1947

Are you certain of all this? As the OP said, this is a new policy and you haven't needed to extend a tourist visa in some time. An eticket may not be enough. Anyone can doctor one on the computer to say whatever they want and print it out. This is definitely new policy as in the past all you needed to have was a departure ticket to get in country. Nobody checked after that. How do you know there is a lot of complaining without reading the replies? I don't think I saw any complaining but some people cast a wide net when considering something as a complaint. I read the replies and what I see is a lot of questions as to whether this info is correct and who it applies to etc. which I don't see as complaining.

I said I didn't read ALL the Replies. Some I read reflected people getting mad at BoI for changing the rules again... or making life harder - the fact is we all needed to have proof of departure before they would let us in - they just didn't enforce it at BoI - now they are.

Regarding changes to E-Tickets - you make a good point - but do you think airlines are going to like the idea of issuing the carbon copied tickets so BoI in the Philippines can see an original ticket? BoI will need to have access to the Airline Data Bases and verify tickets by keying in the appropriate numbers - OR just take our word for it they we didn't doctor the ticket in some manner.

If the E-Ticket isn't accepted as an Original - what other piece of paper do you receive when you buy a ticket now? You can receive a receipt - but that like an E-Ticket can be "doctored" too.

Perhaps this is a change that BoI didn't plan out to well....

mpt1947

snapback.pngmpt1947, on 23 May 2012 - 06:58 PM, said:

I agree totally , and I really have to question the previous posts intentions in comments like this on Linc ? [ altho I do have a idea why !]

I am not sure what you speak - but you are correct - this topic is on the other forum as well - it was posted by Paul

Dragon

But you don't have a 13A.

My point exactly. There are various situations for the foreigners here.

I am going tomorrow morning for a 1 month extension to my tourist visa. I need to get that while awaiting my SRRV to be processed. I will report back.

Edited by Dragon
Davaoeno
this topic is on the other forum as well - it was posted by Paul

Well you got me there- I had no idea at all that Paul was posting on Lip !!

Headshot

Well you got me there- I had no idea at all that Paul was posting on Lip !!

Paul Whiteway maybe?

SkyMan
Perhaps this is a change that BoI didn't plan out to well....
Is that a complaint?

My point exactly. There are various situations for the foreigners here.

I am going tomorrow morning for a 1 month extension to my tourist visa. I need to get that while awaiting my SRRV to be processed. I will report back.

Something to consider. When a friend applied for his 13A his tourist visa expired but he didn't renew. When he went to pick up the 13A his passport was checked and they noticed. However, they calculated his extension and processed it in about 10 minutes with no fine. Later when he looked at the paperwork the 13A had actually been appoved before his visa ran out. When I originally applied for my 13A my visa also expired and I didn't extend. When the 13A was approved they didn't check. Your mileage may vary.
throttleplate
Are you implying that there are members here that don't have good online reputations?
Yes
throttleplate
You mean like the OP?
ancientcondia said its sketchy right now so that tells me he is not certain of the rules as it seems no one in boi is certain so untill he comes back with a up to date i cant use his statement as the new law.
Dragon

Went to BoI Mandaue today and got an extension to my tourist visa. It was business as usual. Absolutely nothing different from the many other extensions I have received.

I also went up to the second floor to pick up my ACR-I card purchased at my last extension. The agent took my passport and then told me that BoI was no longer issueing tourist ACR-I cards and returned my passport. I asked "What did I pay my money for then"? He smiled and said "Nothing". There was a snicker from all the other agents and I saind "Welcome to the Philippes, it is more fun". Everybody laughed, then the agent said I had to pay the fee anyways. He also stated that Manila will be making chages regarding how it all works soon. I said "salamat ha" and left.

Edited by Dragon
  • Like 1
SkyMan

Went to BoI Mandaue today and got an extension to my tourist visa. It was business as usual. Absolutely nothing different from the many other extensions I have received.

I also went up to the second floor to pick up my ACR-I card purchased at my last extension. The agent took my passport and then told me that BoI was no longer issueing tourist ACR-I cards and returned my passport. I asked "What did I pay my money for then"? He smiled and said "Nothing". There was a snicker from all the other agents and I saind "Welcome to the Philippes, it is more fun". Everybody laughed, then the agent said I had to pay the fee anyways. He also stated that Manila will be making chages regarding how it all works soon. I said "salamat ha" and left.

Wow. I think I would do some complaining about that. I paid for a card now give me the damn card or refund my money. Wouldn't work but someone would lose some face. Maybe make a video about 10 things I don't like about teh BI. Hahahaha