A tourist visa to the US...

miles-high

What would be the easiest way (through an agent, lawyer, online, etc?) for my Filipina friend to get a tourist visa to visit the Diseny World?

She has a house, car, sufficient money in the bank (probably more than an average US household :D) and a professional license from DOT but no job or tax return.

Any advice will be appreciated.

NB: She is not a teenager ;) will be 30 yo this year...

Edited by miles-high
  • Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shadow

• shamgod41

• smokey

• Paul

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Does this have anything to do with a tourist visa? Ya know, the subject?I'm the guy you misquoted. Looks like you pieced together parts of 3 or more posts with mine in the middle to get the outcome

You don't get to tell me who I speak for and don't speak for. And immigrating means you can never leave? Tell that to the former CEO of FB. I myself spent a lifetime in Alabama one year. How so?Yes

Easier n cheaper just go to Disney in Hong Kong.

ozboy

• Like 1
miles-high

Thank you but she wants to visit ALL Disney places, Hong Kong (done), Tokyo (pending), Paris, Anaheim and Orlando…

shadow

What would be the easiest way (through an agent, lawyer, online, etc?) for my Filipina friend to get a tourist visa to visit the Diseny World?

She has a house, car, sufficient money in the bank (probably more than an average US household :D) and a professional license from DOT but no job or tax return.

Without a job her chances are slim, even with the house, etc. All applications for tourist visa are now submitted online. An agent can only submit the application for her, which she can do herself, and a lawyer can only do the same. Both will charge a hefty sum.

http://manila.usemba...visa.html#DS160

Larry in Dumaguete

Edited by shadow
  • Like 1
Paul

Um, she will need:

1. Connections in the government.

2. A job or a business.

3. Prayer probably wouldn't hurt either.

A friend, who lives part of the year in Carcar, tried to get a tourist visa for his girlfriend. (Not too much money, really, to file for one.) He earns more than $4,000 USD per month, built three (3) homes there, all in her name, bought her a car, motorcycle, etc., all in her name too. They still turned her down because she didn't have a job, or own a company.

Paul

See? Larry and I gave you the same information. BMTA. God, I can't stand being so smart all the time. :D :D

Davaoeno
God, I can't stand being so smart all the time

I'm impressed - thats the second time this year !! :ROFLMAO:

shadow

See? Larry and I gave you the same information. BMTA. God, I can't stand being so smart all the time. :D :D

Yeh, everything I know I learned from Paul.

To give an idea, a friend of mine's wife was denied twice, she owns a dive resort worth an estimated $500,000 USD. We spent 3 weeks coaching her and she was granted a 10 year multiple entry on the third try.

The former mayor of Dumaguete city, who owns several prominent businesses, and whose Father was mayor during WWII, was denied a tourist visa.

Larry in Dumaguete

smokey

Thank you but she wants to visit ALL Disney places, Hong Kong (done), Tokyo (pending), Paris, Anaheim and Orlando…

before i came to the philippines i was writing a women in manila who's family are sub contractors for Hitachi and her family went to the us a few times a year so i assumed everyone could do that i had to pass when i found out her brother not only paid for her pent house condo in china town , her car and driver , her 3 house help but she received 2,000 us a month to spend i knew i could not afford her..

• Like 1
SkyMan

I think the app cost is about $130 plus a flight to Manila for the interview and no overnight needed and no reason for you to go along unless you want to. She should take whatever documentation of her life here she has and give that to the interviewer along with the app even though they won't ask for it. If she waits for them to ask for it she will be denied. She's been to HK and if she's been other places that will help. It may take several tries for her to be successful.

btw, Disney World is the ultimate Disney. No reason to visit the others after going there. (One exception: Disneyland Pirates of the Caribbean is better than DW's)

Paul

before i came to the philippines i was writing a women in manila who's family are sub contractors for Hitachi and her family went to the us a few times a year so i assumed everyone could do that i had to pass when i found out her brother not only paid for her pent house condo in china town , her car and driver , her 3 house help but she received 2,000 us a month to spend i knew i could not afford her..

You were looking at that all wrong, Robert. In your case, it was she who could afford you. You dropped the ball, mate. You could be living large nowadays. :D

smokey

You were looking at that all wrong, Robert. In your case, it was she who could afford you. You dropped the ball, mate. You could be living large nowadays. :D

she sent ME a box of books,,, coins ,, bunch of stuff from the philippines.... the deal was as her family is chinese the brother runs the company and only gives up when the sister gets married... then she gets her share i think she would of used me.... which could of worked out...

• Like 1
shadow

I think the app cost is about $130 plus a flight to Manila for the interview and no overnight needed and no reason for you to go along unless you want to. She should take whatever documentation of her life here she has and give that to the interviewer along with the app even though they won't ask for it. If she waits for them to ask for it she will be denied. She's been to HK and if she's been other places that will help. It may take several tries for her to be successful.

btw, Disney World is the ultimate Disney. No reason to visit the others after going there. (One exception: Disneyland Pirates of the Caribbean is better than DW's)

The cost is now $160. She will need to be there very early in the morning.

LinD

shamgod41

I only know of two ways: be filthy stinking rich with a family name like Osmena or Sy or...

YOU become a permanent resident of the Philippines, marry her, and then it's a rubber stamp. For the latter, people might say oterwise, but it works, I've done it, it's just not done often.