Opinions on Filipino Cupid as a place to meet girls?

Headshot

yea...but what if you shave before you shower........P.S...ive lived in Florida since 1980,thats just a little more than 1/2 my life....

I guess you missed my post that actually answered your question...

You're kidding...right? Sleep, shit, shower and shave (can be done in whatever order you feel a need for).

• Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• udonthani

• Davaoeno

• Frosty

• Headshot

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are a bunch of older threads about this very issue but I'm not sure those answers are any better than the ones you are getting here.   Having been active on both Filipino Cupid and Cherry Blos

While you are correct that getting to know a potential wife/gf is essential, none of this has anything to do with whether you meet online or not. Whether you meet her at the mall, in church, on a stre

His list is similar to my requirements when looking at blossoms.com and I found my fiance there quickly. I did avoid the 18-20y/o's altogether. One other thing I did was I didn't put my pic on my prof

tobster

I wasn't really in the US at the time, but my impression was that Friendster although it did make a big success in the US for a while, wasn't destroyed, directly, by Facebook like it was in the Philippines. Other social networks like My Space Orkut and Multiply killed Friendster in the US. My impression was that Facebook, when it did come along, just mopped up the lot of them.

Then its up to Evan if you are worthy of his wall os sham

udonthani

Then its up to Evan if you are worthy of his wall of shame

I doubt it. He won't be able to find any groteseque of pictures of me in the company of Filipinas 40 years younger, or 40 kilos lighter than me.

Siuk

I doubt it. He won't be able to find any groteseque of pictures of me in the company of Filipinas 40 years younger, or 40 kilos lighter than me.

Hey now, I resent that, I'm over 40kg heavier than she is. I'm no lardy cake.

Frosty

I've used it off-and-on for about 8 years.

In 2004 and 2005, there were lots of cam girls and scammers... scamming is much more complex and harder to recognise now.. filipinas have adapted their strategies.

There are still some cam girls ( hallelujah! ) cam girls are okay.. that's a legit service.... but in the past i could always get a free peak... not so now.

I think most girls there are "serious"

I've been banned about 8 times because of my expirimental use of expliteves............ ....

What it is good for is if you are already in the PH, use it ............ to get girl's phone numbers.... here is a good hint: "are you globe or smart" if you say that, there is a 99% chance you'll get her number

it is also good if you want to waste time. I definitely do not believe in the premise that online relationships work in real life.

I met my ex fiance and ex gf there.

I never got a flood of emails.. and at thai cupid, i've never gotten a single email.

sperry

Met my wife on Filipino Cupid on Valentines Day 2011. She was a widow with three sons at home. Came to the Philippines in April 2011. We married on Oct 18th 2011. Our son was born Jan 5, 2012. Now she is a wife and mother with 4 sons at home and I am a happy man!!!!

Dennis

Fast work!!

And I thought that SSSS was Shit, Shower, Shave and Shag but who am I to know.,

Frosty

From personal experience, I would have to say 94% scammer rate would be accurate.94 out-of-100 are scammers,2 of the remaining 6 have husbands they are trying to get away from.Of the remaining 4,at least 3 have B/F's they MIGHT tell you about and the remaining one,IF you can figure out which one it is,will be a genuine filipina you will be glad you meet.The needle in the haystack,so to speak.

what is your definition of a scammer? Most girls on Filipina cupid want a relationship, perhaps even a long term one... if they have ulterior motives like wanting money or a green card... those are acceptable. That's part of the deal. Very few people will love you for free. You also have your ulterior motives and conditions.

• Like 1
Headshot

Fast work!!

And I thought that SSSS was Shit, Shower, Shave and Shag but who am I to know.

Well...the three S's are shit, shower and shave. The fourth S is pretty much up to anybody's personal interpretation. S...if you think it should be SHAG...I guess that works too. It's just that Paul was talking about what guys normally do after a long, trans-Pacific flight. SLEEP is pretty high up on the list for most guys.

sperry

Well...the three S's are shit, shower and shave. The fourth S is pretty much up to anybody's personal interpretation. S...if you think it should be SHAG...I guess that works too. It's just that Paul was talking about what guys normally do after a long, trans-Pacific flight. SLEEP is pretty high up on the list for most guys.

Maybe, but immediately after SSSS he put "rest". Why would you want to do that after a sleep?

Contango

Date In Asia 100% free, 10.000 users during peek hours, they demand ur phonenr at signup and sms u a code before u can finish registration. Seems like a serious site.

DIA is the go..i have never bothered with any other site...very easy to find dozens and dozens of genuine girls in amongst the dozens and dozens of scammers, freelancers, part timers and other young ladies with assorted ambitions.

Edited by Contango
Frosty

i think it is actually called a swarm ! lol

Maybe another paper could be on why they mostly like yahoo and dont use hotmail ?

and yahoo messenger. the chinese think everyone uses msn....

questsea73

I signed up at FilipinoCupid about a week ago, put in my city/province of interest and factors looking for and got over 1000 pics/profiles to scan....came up with only 3 of possible interest. Very poor response. Because of my age I don't expect a big response, but this is the worst I had come up with. I don't expect to go to step 2 and become paying member.

The percentage of scammers on these sites in my opinion is greatly overstated by members in this forum. There are quite a few desperate women, yes; many of these will email or request a chat you within first week of being listed on site (most without even reading your profile). And there may be quite a few who have tweaked their stats a little as far as height, weight. I assume the ones I see by mistake who claim "divorced" are exaggerating. The site search function, etc may be a little defective too. Some of the sites broadcast your profile to sister sites , so you get emails from Brazil and Russia like I did (the agreement for them to do this is buried in page 47 of the Terms and Conditions you signed). Beware of being impressed by the number of members they advertise....tens of thousands on some sites are "inactive". The site never let them take down their profile when they wanted to or person listed was too lazy/unobservant to do so. Ditto for males who don't go to phase 2 and become paying members.

Some of the sites after you do the free-sign up hit you with the IMBRA info form to fill out where you have to give info on kids you have, how many times married, when, any restraining orders against you ever, etc.. . These are USA sites scared into conforming to this unconstitutional law which was tacked onto a legit piece of legislation trying to minimize abuse to women. If married more than once I suggest avoiding these sites of which I know of 4....at least 2 of which do the studio photography technique for all the women put on line.

From what I have learned if you want to use one of these services(I will) to get local contacts/friends not assuming they will be permanent bedmates but hoping so, I would suggest these services that follow be considered first: blossoms.com(Cherry Blossoms), dateinasia.com(free), filipinokisses.com...and possibly plentyoffish.com(free). These appear the most promising for minimum $ outlay and maximum results.....selected from the 75 I have cataloged over the past year. I used Cherry Blossoms to good effect in 1983; they have been around a long time; based in Hawaii; very reasonable 1 year membership. They will all have some scammers. As always in Asia, consumer beware.

Ken

Frosty

The percentage of sc

ammers on these sites in my opinion is greatly overstated by members in this forum.

Ken

correct. 99 % 0f FC women are what they say they are.... they want relationships or love. A small percentage are cam girls... they are registered at a cam grl site .... twice, i have run into nigerian scammers there (ghana). I think my ex fiance was a scammer... but in her mind, probably not. in a way all people are scammers.. we all have conditions that must be met... security, a family, sex... defining a scammer is a subjective proposition. few people know exactly what they want when they meet

I have never answered an email or chat request..... i've always initiated one... so maybe my experiece is unique

Edited by Frosty
sperry

correct. 99 % 0f FC women are what they say they are.... they want relationships or love. A small percentage are cam girls... they are registered at a cam grl site .... twice, i have run into nigerian scammers there (ghana). I think my ex fiance was a scammer... but in her mind, probably not. in a way all people are scammers.. we all have conditions that must be met... security, a family, sex... defining a scammer is a subjective proposition. few people know exactly what they want when they meet

I have never answered an email or chat request..... i've always initiated one... so maybe my experiece is unique

Well I would be careful if I was you. My recent experience (last 3 months) is that ALL of the girls who claimed to be 18, 19 and 20 on DIA happily admitted to being minors within 10 minutes of chatting. I systematically report them so they are all toast now as DIA will close their profile in 24 hours.

Remember its illegal to even meet these girls without a relative present!