Opinions on Filipino Cupid as a place to meet girls?

I have watched the site for a while, even created a profile on there but have not yet officially "joined" it to communicate with any of the ladies there. The site claims to kick off any that ask for any money at all. Has anyone used it, got good or bad feedback about this site? :)

Edited by Paul
edited title.
  • Replies 91
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• udonthani

• Frosty

• Davaoeno

• Headshot

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

There are a bunch of older threads about this very issue but I'm not sure those answers are any better than the ones you are getting here.   Having been active on both Filipino Cupid and Cherry Blos

While you are correct that getting to know a potential wife/gf is essential, none of this has anything to do with whether you meet online or not. Whether you meet her at the mall, in church, on a stre

His list is similar to my requirements when looking at blossoms.com and I found my fiance there quickly. I did avoid the 18-20y/o's altogether. One other thing I did was I didn't put my pic on my prof

udonthani

I thought it was one of those sites, where you have to pay to send any messages to the girls.

as soon as you join, over about a week, you get dozens of messages in your email, suggesting that about million Filipinas are dying to shag you.

sites like this, pay for girls in the Philippines to go to photo studios to get glammed up shots, which are deemed to generate a higher level of interest from the punters. They also pay commission to the top girls, that generate the most interest from the paying customers.

if the girls end up marrying one of the punters, then they've won twice.

avoid it.

ultimately why bother when almost all Filipinas are on facebook anyway.

udonthani

if you don't reply to any of the initial flood of messages after joining, then they dry up very quickly. The marketing is supposed to appeal to the lonely foreign male customers, so they get all exited initially, and happily fork out the money - a pattern that may continue.

Paul

Once again .... as I have stated a thousand times.

Buy a ticket to the Philippines.

Get on the plane.

Fly.

Land at Mactan.

Get off the plane.

Check into your hotel / pension house / resort.

S, S, S, and S.

Rest.

Go out and meet Filipinas. They are everywhere.

That is the best way to get to know them - in person. You can't really get to know people onlnie, not the REAL person they are.

Oh, ALL of the sites, that I know of anyway, claim to kick chicks off who ask for money. However, they can go back and create a new email address, a new profile, and put up different photos, if any at all. So, that doesn't really stop them. It only makes them create new identities.

Edited by Paul
  • Like 1
Smitty

I actually met my wife there in 07 when it was Filipinaheart. Yes you have to pay to be able to send messages to women, but there were ways around that back then. Back then it seemed genuine, ie not what udonthani says where many of the girls are paid, but there were scammers on the site. I did however meet a few decent women on there before finally settling on the lady who would 2 years later become my wife. That was more than 4 years ago though, and things might have changed.

It worked (slowly) for me back then, specifically due to my situation at the time. Plus Filipinas weren't quite on Facebook back then, they were all still on Friendster. I remember introducing a few Filipinas to Facebook back in early 07, and the all said Friendster was better. Within a year most were on Facebook, and within 3 years Friendster was dead...not my doing, they all said thanks but no thanks to me haha...I guess I just don't have ANY sales ability if I couldn't sell the idea of facebook to a Filipina :)

udonthani

the real killing of Friendster by Facebook, in the Philippines took place between 2009 and 2010. That was when what was only trickle in 2007-8, became a total flood, or avalanche. It was very quick, looking back.

Friendster had already died in the US well before 2007. It had gone by 2005 really.

Smitty

the real killing of Friendster by Facebook, in the Philippines took place between 2009 and 2010. That was when what was only trickle in 2007-8, became a total flood, or avalanche. It was very quick, looking back.

Friendster had already died in the US well before 2007. It had gone by 2005 really.

This is true. It was about early 2009 that in some sort of bee hive like mindset, Filipinos made the switch to Facebook. Someone could probably write a paper about it. Again true that when the rest of the world abandoned Friendster for myspace back in 04/05, and then facebook in 06, the Philippines was stuck on Friendster. Again a paper could be written as to why, and would produce a decent understanding of the way Filipinos think. IMHO.

Davaoeno
in some sort of bee hive like mindset, Filipinos made the switch to Facebook

i think it is actually called a swarm ! lol

Maybe another paper could be on why they mostly like yahoo and dont use hotmail ?

udonthani

I wasn't really in the US at the time, but my impression was that Friendster although it did make a big success in the US for a while, wasn't destroyed, directly, by Facebook like it was in the Philippines. Other social networks like My Space Orkut and Multiply killed Friendster in the US. My impression was that Facebook, when it did come along, just mopped up the lot of them.

• Like 1
lazydays

I havn't a clue what these sites are like nowadays, a lot more scammers i would guess.

It may serve a purpose for some guys but i would avoid those gals who contact you first, select your own interests.

Be a hunter, not the hunted!

Siuk

I have watched the site for a while, even created a profile on there but have not yet officially "joined" it to communicate with any of the ladies there. The site claims to kick off any that ask for any money at all. Has anyone used it, got good or bad feedback about this site? :)

Facebook would be the better option in my opinion. Perhaps a member here has a facebook account who you could befriend, and you could start adding his filipina friends, friends of friends and so on. It's a slightly better way of getting to know someone initially than any of the dating sites. Lots of foreigners seem to be doing it, just adding filipina's at random if they like their pic. Marielyn often gets a request from a friend of a friend of a friend etc, but thankfully her facebook is reserved for people she actually knows and not for pissing me off.

With facebook you can at least see what they are like online, which could sometimes be an indication of whether you would match in real life. I met Marielyn on facebook after she added me and if I had seen pics of her boozing and partying I would have never got to know her because I don't go for those types of women.

udonthani

I havn't a clue what these sites are like nowadays, a lot more scammers i would guess.

It may serve a purpose for some guys but i would avoid those gals who contact you first, select your own interests.

Be a hunter, not the hunted!

wrong again. Good hunters know how to lie in wait, for ambush as well as prey directly. Scavenging is also not above the art of a good hunter.

• Like 2
lazydays

wrong again. Good hunters know how to lie in wait, for ambush as well as prey directly. Scavenging is also not above the art of a good hunter.

:banghead::beer2::biggrin_01:

From personal experience, I would have to say 94% scammer rate would be accurate.94 out-of-100 are scammers,2 of the remaining 6 have husbands they are trying to get away from.Of the remaining 4,at least 3 have B/F's they MIGHT tell you about and the remaining one,IF you can figure out which one it is,will be a genuine filipina you will be glad you meet.The needle in the haystack,so to speak.

smokey

Good hunters :yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: you sure like to stroke yourself a lot some say that is a sign on gender bending