What if I invest for a Jeepney?

Hi everyone, greeting from Hong Kong.

I have made a friend in Cebu and he lead me a wonderful trip last week.

after i have back to hong kong i am always thinking some investment in cebu.

for helping my friend relieve from proverty, and also to make money.

I am currently interesting in investing a jeepney.

I know there is much to think,

for buying a jeepney,

a license of the route,

Hire the driver,

mainteinence~

It is a far way to go, and i would like to gather any kind of suggestion here.

thanks!

ArieBombarie

you should scan this board a bit, there are loads of topics on this and similar endevours

reallise that this is a stage most go through who are in first contact with RP and learn from other peoples experiance, the stuborn ones usually get burned seriously

smokey

for buying a jeepney,

a license of the route,

Hire the driver,

mainteinence~

thanks!

if you want to give your money away there are lots of places that it can be used much wiser ... sick and disabled children comes to mind.... groups of seniors we give a little to this one as old can not work and there are no provisions for their food... jeep... looser

• Like 1
For Real

if you want to give your money away there are lots of places that it can be used much wiser ... sick and disabled children comes to mind.... groups of seniors we give a little to this one as old can not work and there are no provisions for their food... jeep... looser

The nicest way to piss money up against a wall is to choose a wall with genuine needs.

But if the monies were invested properly (ie. Outside the Philippines) then more people could be helped with what's left

Not a good idea. Too many things can go wrong and do. Invest your money in your own country. Most people I have talked to in the Philippines have lost their investment

mabutiman

Not a good idea. Too many things can go wrong and do. Invest your money in your own country. Most people I have talked to in the Philippines have lost their investment

You can count on one hand the number of foreigners who leave this country with more money than they arrived with !!

BossHog
You can count on one hand the number of foreigners who leave this country with more money than they arrived with !!

I know this to be false.

A LOT of foreigners have come here completely broke, raked it in and left happy as a clam.

It involves setting up "orphanages" for children whose pictures will be sent to multiple congregations of multiple denominations in multiple countries.

Some of these places function day-to-day. most just lay on a soup and rice kitchen for a photo shoot or when a whale from overseas is flying in.

It's beyond reprehensible and there are a certain two nationalities who seem to have a multi-generational monopoly on these operations going on in secluded areas of Leyte and Mindanao away from the scrutiny of the city and in direct collusion with local powers.

There, I've said too much.

Edited by BossHog
  • Like 3
lazydays

So true Bosshog, probably the oldest scam in the world "Charity".

3stripes

for buying a jeepney,

a license of the route,

Hire the driver,

mainteinence~

thanks!

Much better too invest your money and give the proceeds to them

You give me a million pesos and I'll doulbe it in 6 months guaranteed

I'll lend the money to people with absolutely no money who will repay it at 500% interest.

Get you friends to invest with me and I'll give you an extra 50% bonus on top

What could go wrong

you can contact me at

Celso De Los Angeles

C/O The recently departed

Manila Funeral home

BossHog

Sorry for the off-topic. might warrant a split topic.

As to the Jeepney: the key verb is donate and not invest. Butt it's such a cliche that it's hard to separate the trolls from each other.

Edited by BossHog
udonthani

you might as well invest in a small amount of gasoline, and a match, light a fire, and dispose of the money in that way.

even if you aren't a pyromaniac, you'll certainly get more enjoyment from watching the blaze than you would watching the alternative.

maybe - just maybe - if they have ten jeepneys already, then you could buy another one. This principle goes for pigs, and chickens too. If you can see they're good at it already and know how to turn a profit at it, before you came along then maybe - just maybe - you might invest some more.

otherwise forget it.

• Like 2
Brucewayne

Try Blue Chip stocks, at least you can turn a bit on your investment.

Bad idea - a friend of ours had a jeepney franchise, met with an accident, got the pants sued off them. And this is a Filipino - just imagine what would happen if it was a foreigner....

m60man

Ha Ha ha............let me think about that for a second...........NOT..............unless you like getting f_ _ _ _d over. If so go for it. But remember..if it's got wheels it's not a good deal! Now if you have some money to throw around I can tell you how to make 25% in 12 months or so secured by a tangible item. No wheels, no franshise.........