Sign in to follow this  
VECO

Reporting brownouts made easy via text

VECO

To report a power outage (or brownout), customers can choose any of the three ways to text:

ASKVECO(space)OUTAGE(space)VECO ACCOUNT I.D.. Providing an account I.D. will allow VECO to easily spot customers’ names and addresses.

Example: ASKVECO OUTAGE 1234560000

ASKVECO(space)OUTAGE(space)VECO POLE NO. This syntax can be used when the customer could not retrieve an account I.D. or not in his residence. All one has to do in this case is get the nearest VECO pole number.

Example: ASKVECO OUTAGE V0123-1

ASKVECO(space)OUTAGE(space)COMPLETE ADDRESS. Customers who cannot retrieve their account ID or give the nearest VECO pole number can use this syntax. In using this syntax, a customer must text his or her complete address including: house number, name of street, name of subdivision or village, name of barangay and city.

Example: ASKVECO OUTAGE #45 Sampaguita St., Happy Homes Subd., Brgy. Mabolo, Cebu City

Send to:

391-8326 for Smart/Talk 'n Text/Red Mobile

0922-999-8326 for Sun and Globe

VECO strongly advises customers to save in their cellular phones the correct syntax with their account ID for easy texting and reporting.

For more info., open this link: http://www.veco.com....0329-035828-reu

Thank you.

• Like 1

ozboy

Touch wood its been pretty good in Naga for a while since Veco did some transformer changes, now all i need is to understand why our monthly bill fluctuates between 4000 to over 5000 when there is no change in our power consumption.

VECO

Hi, Sir!

Please refer to your monthly electricity consumption chart found at the bottom left of your VECO bill. If the chart differs every month, it simply means that your power usage also varies.

There are various reasons for high electricity consumption. One reason might be, defective appliances. Defective appliances should be repaired immediately. Defective appliances usually have to work longer and thus use more electricity. For example, a refrigerator with defective insulation or worn-out seal can cause frost to build up on the refrigeration unit, making your refrigerator motor run more frequently.

For more efficient energy usage, please click on this link: http://www.veco.com.ph/page.html?main=efficiency&sub1=efficient%20energy%20usage&sub2=defective%20appliance

To know more about VECO, you can browse our website at www.veco.com.ph.

Thank you.

Edited by VECO

USMC-Retired

This topic should be pinned as it will save people time and energy looking for this info. Thanks

Paul

LOL. I did pin it, right after he posted it. :P

• Like 1

ozboy

Thanks sir, glad you are here n not making any big deal really, just need a few answers. We are on a sub-meter, all our appliances are less than 6 months old, we use air-con alot but only on low, refrigerator, water cooler, fan, TV, computer, lights (single storey 2 bedroom), rice cooker.

We get no bill as such just what we are told we use. We usually use 400 k approx per month, now it reaches 600k approx. The rate is 9.70 peso per kilowatt...is that correct?

There is no change in our usage daily but we also have monitored our meter switching on n off appliances. We noticed that on a cooler day the ring runs slower...why is beyond my intellect ability.

Many Thanks

smokey

Touch wood its been pretty good in Naga for a while since Veco did some transformer changes, now all i need is to understand why our monthly bill fluctuates between 4000 to over 5000 when there is no change in our power consumption.

check local fiesta times maybe there is a large system loss

ozboy

AHHH here it is..

stevehann

Thank you for some good information. Our subdivision is only 30% completed, so I like the idea of being able to quickly and conveneintly report power outages.

As an aside, I am surprised how seldom we have lost power here. It has not been a real problem. When I moved to Cebu 7 years ago, my plans were to buy a generator and a substantial reserve tank, but I never bothered because there have been so few problems.

SkyMan

I wonder if this will work?

ASKVECO(space)PEOPLEAREDIGGINGUPANDSTEALINGTHEANAPOGAROUNDONEOFMYPOLESANDITSSTARTINGTOLEAN(space)VECO POLE NO.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 1