2 Months in Tablet Experince

stevehann

It is not cheap and it is a bit heavy, but I recommend the ASUS EP121 Tablet. It runs Windows on an I5 and has a couple of USB ports as well as wifi and bluetooth. It is a true tablet and uses either fingers or stylus. I needed the 12.1" screen because some of the stuff I read is tough to see clearly on a 10.1" screen. The only problem is the battery life is short, 3 hours internet and maybe 4 hours Adobe Reader.

So, for those who want Windows - this is it.

USMC-Retired

Really? 4.0.3? A quick google search said it wasn't possible. I guess I'll hit the search engines and get it working. :) Netflix isn't really important to me, but the challenge is.

http://androidcommunity.com/netflix-updated-with-android-4-0-ice-cream-sandwich-support-20111215/

Cipro

Really? 4.0.3? A quick google search said it wasn't possible. I guess I'll hit the search engines and get it working. :) Netflix isn't really important to me, but the challenge is.

Currently the XOOM is on 4.0.4 and Netflix works fantastic, you have to get the VPN running over here of course.

KennyF
It is not cheap and it is a bit heavy, but I recommend the ASUS EP121 Tablet

Your not kidding it's not cheap.

eBay have several at around $1,500:00.

That's too much for my wallet.

KonGC

• 2 weeks later...
KennyF

For the tablet guys who have a USB port (mostly the Chinese ones).

I just bought a 4.5G wireless keyboard and mouse with a USB dongle and they work just fine on my 10' pad.

KonGC

expat08

Is there a surplus store or mall in Hong Kong or Singapore where I can shop for tablets? It's too expensive to pick one up here.

USMC-Retired

I do not about the prices and how they could be much cheaper. A Samsung Galaxy Tab sells in US for 429.00 and here 17,800. ZTE 10" sells for 11,000 here and 249.00 US. I am sure you can get some off beat tablets that are cheap. But also consider if it were to break as one user posted. Where do you go to get it fixed?

CDR King has them for 5,000 pesos that is about as cheap as I have seen tablets anywhere.

Mang Kanor

Is there a surplus store or mall in Hong Kong or Singapore where I can shop for tablets? It's too expensive to pick one up here.

there are a lot of shops in Bugis and Toah Payoh area, just be very careful when dealing or you'll end up paying more.

PapaRay
You are supposed to be able to watch netflicks on the galaxy tab 7 plus. I do not know if you can get it in the Philippines though, but you can in the US.

I tried netflix while in the Philippines came back with error not available in my area

USMC-Retired

I tried netflix while in the Philippines came back with error not available in my area

You have to use a VPN.

Kodiak570

Loving my rooted Toshiba Thrive 16GB. USB and SD expansion slot. $250 shipped to US address for refurbished. $20 for screen protector $22 for 2 16GB SDHC cards from Frys Electronics. All my ebooks apps and games go on those to preserve internal memory.