people from Sweden, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania can now get into the Philippines visa-exempt for 30 days

Headshot

Updated last: February 27, 2012

According to the BOI website. But I know they have been talking about a 30day entry for a while so maybe it became official since then. We need someone to arrive and tell us what they got. That would be the most reliable info. And no, I doubt anything printed from a RP Embassy website will sway the BI officials at the airport.

Agreed. Has anybody on the forums arrived lately? How long does the stamp in your passport say you are good for? It would be nice to know when this thing is actually official (as in Immigration officers are actually using a thirty-day stamp). It won't affect those of us on permanent resident visas, but it will be good for visitors.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• udonthani

• Headshot

• SkyMan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Them Estonians are the WORST!   Abusing our wimmins.   Importing all that Estonian sausage.   Loud-mouthed Estonian language in the mall.

Where exactly in California is Lithuania?   I think my wife's cousin works in the Jollibee there.

http://www.jollibee....a/store-locator   Tukwila sounds like it's in Lithuania...

ancienrocka

A client of our arrived on Thursday 10th and was given the normal 21 days.

Will try to find out tomorrow at BoI

liquido

Arrived back here May 11..received the 21 day stamp as usual...From USA

Headshot

Arrived back here May 11..received the 21 day stamp as usual...From USA

I guess that answers the question. Immigration isn't giving out 30-day stamps yet. Maybe this is a game...lure tourists in with the promise of 30 days free, and then only give them a stamp for 21 days (thereby assuring they will have to make a trip to Immigration while they're here).

Edited by Headshot
Happynaess

Well... 30 days are GREAT, because 3 weeks was just too little.

BossHog

Where exactly in California is Lithuania?

I think my wife's cousin works in the Jollibee there.

Edited by BossHog
  • Like 1
udonthani

so far nobody from Sweden, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania has reported that they only got a 21 day stamp on arrival, as opposed to the 30 day stamp maybe people from Sweden, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania got the magic 30 day stamp, only we don't know about it.

lazydays

my European fridge is stuffed with Estonian and Polish sausage, thank you very much.

Don't forget the Black Pudding :cooking::D

udonthani

it's just brilliant here, the Bavarian Smoked Cheese is half what it costs in Manila at least! And that's at Marks and Spencer.

ancienrocka

Immigration knew nothing about this earlier today but it could all change by this afternoon!

• 4 weeks later...

Immigration knew nothing about this earlier today but it could all change by this afternoon!

In the website for the philippine consulate in Denmark is now stated :

Et ophold på Philippinerne i mere end 30 dage kræver visum - A stay at Philippinerne in more than 30 days require a visa.

anyone know if you can count on that now? Its actually new at the philippine consulate in Denmark - not long time ago it was 21 days.

http://www.filippinsk-konsulat.dk/visa.html

SkyMan

my European fridge is stuffed with Estonian and Polish sausage, thank you very much.

TMI and I never heard it called a European fridge before but whatever.
Faluango

They should just issue a 30 day visa to all EU citizens instead of selecting each country