people from Sweden, Estonia, Latvia and Lithuania can now get into the Philippines visa-exempt for 30 days

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• udonthani

• Headshot

• SkyMan

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Them Estonians are the WORST!   Abusing our wimmins.   Importing all that Estonian sausage.   Loud-mouthed Estonian language in the mall.

Where exactly in California is Lithuania?   I think my wife's cousin works in the Jollibee there.

http://www.jollibee....a/store-locator   Tukwila sounds like it's in Lithuania...

Runian

I'M GUESSING

it is the first few in a step by step implantation of all nationalities over time, and the list contains only one nation where the general public can afford to travel to the Philippines, So they r taking it slow so not to strain the brains of the good ppl in the immigration booths @ points of entry.

Or maybe, and I am speculating again: just changing all the stamps in all international points of entry at once would not give the ppl that need it, time to adjust there kick back schemes to the new paradigm.

Rune

udonthani

it might be just a mistake by the Philippines Swedish embassy, jumping the gun a bit. On the main immigration website there's still no mention of this.

it might be just a mistake by the Philippines Swedish embassy, jumping the gun a bit. On the main immigration website there's still no mention of this.

There hasn't been any Swedish embassy in the Philippines for a few years now. There is a consulate though....

They are referring to embassy in Thailand.

http://www.swedenabroad.com/en-GB/Embassies/Bangkok/About-us/The-Philippines/

How ever VISA applications for Sweden is handled by Swiss embassy.

http://www.swedenabroad.com/en-GB/Embassies/Bangkok/Visit-Sweden/Applications-for-Visa-from-the-Philippines/

Headshot

Actually those countries are mentioned specifically because the embassy is for those countries.

Here is the full list...

http://www.philembas...r-services/visa

Well, from that list it appears that tourists from almost any country in the world can stay for 30 days free now. Tourists from Israel and Brazil can stay for 59 days for free. Now I have to wonder why those two countries were singled out for special treatment.

Headshot

Probably not...since when did one government agency have to communicate with another?

Edited by Headshot
Headshot

This page hasn't been updated since Feb. Could have something to do with it.

February of what year? It seems like the Bureau of Immigration drags its feet when it comes to any kind of change.

Then it's also a mistake by the Philippines Norwegian, Danish and Icelandic embassy since it count for visitors from Norway, Denmark and Iceland too:

Guidelines on the Entry of Temporary Visitors to the Philippines

Danish, Icelandic, and Norwegian nationals who are travelling to the Philippines for short-term business and tourism purposes are allowed to enter the Philippines without visa for a stay not exceeding thirty (30) days

http://www.philembassy.no/consular-services/visa

This page hasn't been updated since Feb. Could have something to do with it.

As far as I can see this Embassy site is updated in may 2012

If you print a copy of the page from the embassy will BOI accept and give 30 days?

SkyMan

February of what year? It seems like the Bureau of Immigration drags its feet when it comes to any kind of change.

Updated last: February 27, 2012

According to the BOI website. But I know they have been talking about a 30day entry for a while so maybe it became official since then. We need someone to arrive and tell us what they got. That would be the most reliable info. And no, I doubt anything printed from a RP Embassy website will sway the BI officials at the airport.

BossHog

Them Estonians are the WORST!

Abusing our wimmins.

Importing all that Estonian sausage.

Loud-mouthed Estonian language in the mall.

• Like 1
udonthani

my European fridge is stuffed with Estonian and Polish sausage, thank you very much.