Sign in to follow this  
Wombat No More

PIZZA BOX MAKER/SUPPLIER, where the bloody hell? (Wombat)

Wombat No More

Looking for phone numbers etc of factories, wharehouse that handle corrugated cardboard for pizza boxes.

Found one in Mandaue, "Republic Corrugated Cartons" but bloody hell, I reckon they are excessive AND they want a minimum order of 3,000 boxes @ P10 each. Be a bloody fire hazard that lot... Plus, I have to submit to them, a drawing of the box structure as they can't give me a box used by another customer... (IT'S ONLY A BLOODY PIZZA BOX FA F#*%S SAKE!)

Can buy 8' x 4' sheets off of them and make my own (but no printing of logo's etc as on above lot) but I would get only 9 boxes out of a sheet and cost P8.6 each box (and no printing). Ya can't win in this place that's for sure but hoping one of you fella's or gals can turn that around with knowledge of some other joint that might be reasonably priced and don't want a minimum order of 3,000 or similar?

Fingers crossed, orro, Phil

P.S.... Note for ADMIN... There are no available tool bars at all here and all that is seen is the 'Topic Title' then immediately after, the topic box to write in???? So the post is written in the one and only available style, colour and size??? What's hapnin?

Davaoeno
P.S.... Note for ADMIN... There are no available tool bars at all here

it sounds very much as tho you have been "detooled" yet again Phil !! lol

Mr. Mike

Aside from the minimal insulation value the box provides, why not just use flat cardboard rounds, and flat ,waxed paper bags of the appropriate size? Just a thought.....less expensive, easier to store, no box construction necessary, easier on the environment.

Edited by Mr. Mike
  • Like 1

samatm

Wombats Pizzas are GREAT at Fantastic price. They need a good box for delivery! Could stand one right now.

Now about the box. The boxes that Mama Marias uses are good. you might ask Tommy where he gets his boxes. The boxes at albertos are horrible. Maybe you can take a greenwich box for the engineers to copy. but you are right 3000 min order is a bundle. Well thats a good goal .. to send out 3000 boxes!

• Like 1

David Kennedy

Try here

Wombat No More

Thanks David. I think China is a little far away for me though, I'm thinking within 15 k's. A further search, as before, within Cebu, reveals bugger all unfortunately, which is just so typical of the Philippines with lazy or inefficient staff everywhere and no listings bothered with

Cebuned

Wombats Pizzas are GREAT at Fantastic price. They need a good box for delivery! Could stand one right now.

Now about the box. The boxes that Mama Marias uses are good. you might ask Tommy where he gets his boxes. The boxes at albertos are horrible. Maybe you can take a greenwich box for the engineers to copy. but you are right 3000 min order is a bundle. Well thats a good goal .. to send out 3000 boxes!

This is the same place, "Republic Corrugated Cartons", that Tommy gets his for Mama Marias....

• Like 1

Wombat No More

it sounds very much as tho you have been "detooled" yet again Phil !! lol

YES MATE, THANKS FOR REMINDING ME. More like detoothed... No more sitting with a geogeous creature and suggesting we talk about the first thing that pops up or that she just sits right there, yes that's it, and spin... Lucky I wasn't doin that before anyway, so not missing anything, all I do now is look at pizza's walking out the door in plastic bags n alfoil, hence the topic

Yet another satisfied customer! ... Thanks for the plug mate.

And for those into pizza, the following is my list available, all 12" and on medium thick and very good tasting bases (and the latter getting plenty of praise as well as the prices)

PIZZA:

HAWAIIAN - P190

MARGARITA - P160

ADOBO TWIST - 175

WOMBAT'S TROPICAL - P195

NAPOLINA - P220

QUATRO FORMAGGI - P170

WOMBAT'S VEGETARIAN - P175

& coming soon.........

PEPPERONI (price yet to be determined)

AND ALSO, over 60 menu dishes n snacks etc of fine foods, pool table, darts, board games, cable TV/DVD's and a bar.

Edited by WombatPhil

Alfred E. Neuman

try caro&marie in Gen.Maxilom Ave. in front of SanCarlos Highschool. Their number is in the PLDT directory.(too lazy to ask my preggy wife).

Mark L

Phil, you might want to check with a place that I bought boxes from before there on Mactan. I have their business card some where and will post it later if I can find it, but it was close to my house so the card was never important. I don't even remember the name of the place right now...having a case of "Old Timers"...hehehe. Anyway, it's located on the road coming from Cordova toward Opon Market. It is on the left side just past Tojong Hospital.

alona

Hi Wombat,

I own a pizza resto on Panglao and have been having the same issue. Did you ever get a good resolution. I bought some boxes from a shop in Manila, but they weren't the best and, yes, they made me buy 3000. I am nearly out and need more and woud really like to find a Cebu supplier. It seem its really hard to find imprinted packaging anywhere in the PI...?

Cheers...

Wombat No More

Hi Wombat,

I own a pizza resto on Panglao and have been having the same issue. Did you ever get a good resolution. I bought some boxes from a shop in Manila, but they weren't the best and, yes, they made me buy 3000. I am nearly out and need more and woud really like to find a Cebu supplier. It seem its really hard to find imprinted packaging anywhere in the PI...?

Cheers...

No mate, but I have to check out the place one fella said here on Mactan, otherwise I have to go back to the one having min 3,000 order at P10 each. I don't mind the P10 so much as it comes with printing, but the minimum order is an absolute killer. The place mentioned by another on Gen MAX st above, is another store of the same company my wife went into to a few weeks ago and paid P9 I thinkit was, for very thin and floppy cardboard boxes, and they only had 8 boxes anyway so that indicates that they don't like having much stock around... It's a worry coz I'm not looking forward to a big payout and a real lot of boxes I need to store...

Alan S

I hate to be negative, and also hate to go off-topic, but the following (true) story may indicate that your chances of finding someone are not good.

Just before one trip to Manila, a major UK company asked me to try and source some boxes for them.

These were very small (about 50mm x 18mm x 8mm, made from thin card.

The initial order would have been 1 million (or half that is that suited the supplier better), followed by 1 million per month, rising to 5 million monthy, possibly more.

Obviously, price was critical.

I found 9 suppliers in the Philippines.

2 turned out to be agents, not suppliers, and further, were agents for companies I was in direct contact with.

3 never gave quotations, even after meetings at which they expressed interest.

1 kept phoning me to ask for the order but refused to put anything in writing.

1 offered me a substantial "commission" if I got them the order at an inflated price.

Only two actually came up with written quotes.

Both were FAR higher than the company was already paying to a UK supplier. One was 300% more!

(Add carriage etc, and the cost to the purchaser was obviously much higher.)

Paul

Maybe you can go in with another similar business, and get the larger order, together?

razorbackhog2

So cebu is in need of a corrugated box manufactuer?

Alan S

I dont know about Cebu specifically, but the entire Philippines could probably do with a box/packaging supplier that gave a decent product at a reasonable price and with prompt delivery.

Yes, there are some, but those that I know of dont seem to be commercially savvy.

KennyF

Maybe you can go in with another similar business, and get the larger order, together?

As an extension of what Paul is suggesting, could you guys (you and the fellow in Panglao) come up with a design you both like and put both restaurants, addresses and phone numbers on the box.

After all, you're not in contest with each other.

KonGC

Wombat No More

Yeah thanks all you fella's for the input, it is appreciated. Yeah Kenny, not negative but just underlining the problem that exists here and that they are just about all thieving bastards or just plain incompetent. Like the box price I got for P10 per box, printed, is 150% more than my mate was quoted maybe 4 years ago from the same mob... He needed to order a minimum of 1,000 pieces then but now is 3,000, which to me is dumb for a retailer to take on board unless a big operation...

As for getting together with the other fella looking for boxes, well, it's an idea but, I don't know him and I'm backwards in coming forwards in joint ventures with anyone and have become a bit of a loner after having been stung for about A$70 grand a few years ago... I still haven't checked out the place on Lapu another guy mentioned and I'll have to duck over that way tomorrow. Otherwise I will just have to bite the bullet and pay out P30,000 for 3,000 boxes out of my pension and that will take many months, maybe longer to recover as my wife's cafe is not making money yet but just under breaking even.

Kim_

Guess you have asked if it is possible to sign a contract for delivery of 3000 boxes, but split it up on 4 occasions over the year and the payment as well?

• Like 1

mabutiman

Guess you have asked if it is possible to sign a contract for delivery of 3000 boxes, but split it up on 4 occasions over the year and the payment as well?

Yes good thinking ...but to give them piece of mind offer them 3 post paid checks for each delivery date ....common business practice in the phils ...

KID

So cebu is in need of a corrugated box manufactuer?

no printing capabilities----business opportunity???

musicman666

You should ring up any of the big pizza outlets...tell em you are in the business of supplying pizza boxes at cheap prices....if you do it right they will divulge their supplier...even if it's just to get you off their back.

Wombat No More

Just found the place in Lapu, mentioned before, of a box manufacturer. Just waiting for an email later today telling me their prices etc. They didn't say anything when I mentioned I only wanted 1,000 boxes (as compared to a minimum of 3,000 at the other place) so maybe I'll get out of it a little better... I'll let youse know later. Ooroo

smokey

Just found the place in Lapu, mentioned before, of a box manufacturer. Just waiting for an email later today telling me their prices etc. They didn't say anything when I mentioned I only wanted 1,000 boxes (as compared to a minimum of 3,000 at the other place) so maybe I'll get out of it a little better... I'll let youse know later. Ooroo

sure you can order 1,000 boxes at 30 peso each or 3,000 boxes at 10 peso each ...

• Like 1

Wombat No More

Guess I'll find out later like I said mate... Hey! I got an elevator at my joint now, so I spose I can't shit stir ya anymore about yours...