Junior Seau Dead

AB2000

I wonder how many of your "real men" could take a hit from a 320lb beast ?? :baseballbat:

It would make a good video I am sure !!!!

shut some mouths also !! :shit_stirrer:

Pay me as much as they make, and maybe I would...maybe.

• Like 2
Headshot

I wonder how many of your "real men" could take a hit from a 320lb beast ?? :baseballbat:

You have obviously never witnessed a rugby game where Tongans and Samoans were "playing"

KID

You have obviously never witnessed a rugby game where Tongans and Samoans were "playing"

I grew up in cali. headshot.--- nope-- no rugby or samoans :)

I enjoy watching rugby, And yes they do take some shots--- but they don't hit like in the NFL-- And thats all there is to it !!!

Edited by KID
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

the thing is with sports like these is either everyone is wearing or not

now if you had a sport where one guy it a t-shirt was getting slammed by guys wearing helmets and and other hard plastic body armor

now that would be something

rfm010

...now if you had a sport where one guy it a t-shirt was getting slammed by guys wearing helmets and and other hard plastic body armor

you know you could probably sell that idea to one of the major tv networks.

blucaso

And there in one short thread is the entire summation of the NFL fan base. "Shame about the players, but don't make my football less violent!"

Our communal bloodlust is still primal and powerful. The fact is, the quarterbacks and receivers don't take the beatings that linemen do. Sure they take big hits, but the linemen? They take punishment play after play after play, using their head as a battering ram. As Kyle Turley was quoted, you can't do your job as a lineman if you aren't using your head, literally.

The studies being done in this area are astounding. As more and more evidence mounts, they are finding that as early as high school, the brains of football players and boxers and other sports of this type are being severely and permanently damaged. Their cognitive abilities are being killed. Their personalities are being altered, sometimes severely. A brain researcher who has been studying the brain tissue of patients from all walks of life started recently acquiring football players and boxers. She found the damage in a 40-year old to be equivalent in cases to a 75-year-old with Alzheimer's. Except not from disease. From blunt trauma.

The other thing they are learning is that it isn't the single blow. It's the cumulative effect. One hit to the head at 75g's and the player pops right back up. 30 plays later a hit of only 50g's can put him in the hospital with concussion.

I love football, and I understand the feelings of enthusiasm that can be generated with big hits. But to see the long-term results, and to see the science explaining what's happening, it's brutal. It's no better than a human cock-fight. Put yourself out there for your team, your owner, your fans. Give your all. Be a man. You're a warrior. These people are risking their future for our entertainment. But that's the way it's always been in the arena, right? Those brave souls willing to risk it all for a chance they wouldn't otherwise have to live like a conquering hero. High risk, high reward.

I don't know how the NFL can reasonably do more than they've been doing with this, without inevitably changing the fundamental sport itself. But I know I've had my eyes opened about the true cost, and will never see those big hits quite the same again. There is a human cost.

• Like 1
Davaoeno

the thing is with sports like these is either everyone is wearing or not

now if you had a sport where one guy it a t-shirt was getting slammed by guys wearing helmets and and other hard plastic body armor

didnt they used to have a sport something like that ? I think they called it Christians vs lions .

• Like 1
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

didnt they used to have a sport something like that ? I think they called it Christians vs lions .

yeah but than New Orleans got in all sorts of trouble for putting bounties on people and eve's dropping on the visiting locker room

rfm010

given the detroit teams of the last many years the christians would have to give points.