Junior Seau Dead

Paul

Dang, man. I hope that isn't true, to go out like that just ain't right. :(

:rip:

raytech

It is definitely true. All over the news here in San Diego.

Forefall

One of the guys I grew up watching. Shame... :(

Beserker101

RIP ...

junior-seau2.jpg

• Like 1
KID

true--- been on the news for several hours

One of KC's favorite ex players

sad--RIP

Edited by KID
Martwain

Ex-NFL star Junior Seau is found dead.

Just saw this on local news

Now his family can sue the NFL like the other assholes who say the NFL didn't protect them from head injuries. While they make the big money it's not an issue with them. After they are washed up & retired it wasn't their responsibility to figure out that there might be a risk of serious brain injury if you get knocked silly every few games. They could have refused to play the game because it's "dangerous". But instead they took the risk in exchange for the $$$$$$$. It IS professional football. After all these lawsuits are settled NFL football will be reduced to Powder Puff quality and won't be fit to watch. Kind of like NASCAR has become. Not that I waste my time watching that crap anymore :D But I do enjoy a good NFL game. But if they keep adding their "protection" rules.....

Just a few...

http://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/redskins/ex-cowboys-greats-sue-nfl-alleging-league-hid-concussion-brain-injury-link/2012/04/24/gIQA4qxCfT_story.html

And this one....

http://www.tmz.com/2012/04/12/blazing-saddle-alex-karras-sues-nfl-dementia/

Justin Kredible

Well, something needs to be done. Concussions, painkillers, and steroids are obviously taking a toll on more than a few players in professional (and collegiate/amateur) sports.

The masses need their bread and circuses (and owner/investors their golden ducats), but the gladiators seem to be the one's paying the awful price.

RIP Junior.

• Like 2
Martwain

Well, something needs to be done. Concussions, painkillers, and steroids are obviously taking a toll on more than a few players in professional (and collegiate/amateur) sports.

The masses need their bread and circuses (and owner/investors their golden ducats), but the gladiators seem to be the one's paying the awful price.

RIP Junior.

Amen on the bread and circuses. And the NFL is the Center Ring under the Big Top. I just hope the NFL won't end up going too far.

Edited by Martwain
  • Like 1
  • Admin (Retired)
broden

20 years in the nfl is a hell of a long career, and i believe in the past he was fairly open about not wanting to give up the game. i wonder if that was what pushed him to suicide (if indeed he did)

i've known a few athletes in my time that couldn't give up their respective games. it's why i fully understand and never complain about them coming out of retirement over and over again or when given the chance ( like jordan trying baseball) trying to love out their various dreams. giving up something you've done your entire life too early .. especially something like sports when you start being told you are too old usually in your early 30's leaves you a lot of time to sit back and wonder what if

babe ruth when asked when he would retires said. when the rip the uniform off me.

and that is pretty much what he did, a lot of athletes do and need to do that.

but sometimes even that isn't enough

• Like 2
AB2000
NFL football will be reduced to Powder Puff quality and won't be fit to watch. Kind of like NASCAR has become. Not that I waste my time watching that crap anymore :D But I do enjoy a good NFL game. But if they keep adding their "protection" rules...

I agree...I wish they would not have roughing the kicker/passer penalties again like the old days, or at least only a 5 yard penalty at most.

• Like 1
Martwain

20 years in the nfl is a hell of a long career, and i believe in the past he was fairly open about not wanting to give up the game. i wonder if that was what pushed him to suicide (if indeed he did)

i've known a few athletes in my time that couldn't give up their respective games. it's why i fully understand and never complain about them coming out of retirement over and over again or when given the chance ( like jordan trying baseball) trying to love out their various dreams. giving up something you've done your entire life too early .. especially something like sports when you start being told you are too old usually in your early 30's leaves you a lot of time to sit back and wonder what if

babe ruth when asked when he would retires said. when the rip the uniform off me.

and that is pretty much what he did, a lot of athletes do and need to do that.

but sometimes even that isn't enough

Yeah. Brett Farve is a prime example of athletes returning to the sport after retiring. It was a joy to watch him play even after his prime. I didn't mind it when he had second thoughts about retiring. How many times did I see him get knocked down, only to get right back up? I can't see him suing the NFL later in life for not "protecting" him while he played in the league but I could be wrong...

Martwain

I agree...I wish they would not have roughing the kicker/passer penalties again like the old days, or at least only a 5 yard penalty at most.

Right, exactly. It's football for christ's sake. Now the league fines players for being too agressive when they tackle a player and hit them in a wrong way. It's like "rules of engagement". :D

Davaoeno
Right, exactly. It's football for christ's sake

exactly - a bunch of sissies who wont venture onto the field without wearing masses of high tech body armour !! Now rugby players - and Aussie Rules guys - those are real men !!!!

KID

I wonder how many of your "real men" could take a hit from a 320lb beast ?? :baseballbat:

It would make a good video I am sure !!!!

shut some mouths also !! :shit_stirrer:

Edited by KID