My Visa Expires Today... but...

Faluango

My visa expires today but I will be leaving the Philippines on saturday...

Should I renew it today or just overstay until saturday and pay the 1 week fine?

I'm not sure, will they ask me to pay the whole visa fee at the airport + the fine... or not?

Thanks

Edited by Faluango
  • Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Faluango

• Davaoeno

• smokey

• m60man

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You cannot renew it today as Immigration office is closed due to public holiday. It is BEST to renew your VISA on or before Friday. And yes, they will charge you for your whole visa fee + 1000 pesos

KISS Go to the BI office in Mandaue and pay for the extension. Go to Clark for your departure from the country with no anxiety and legal as far as BI goes. You DO NOT want to be in the situation wher

3 weeks ago you were moving out of your condo what happened did you break your rose colored glasses? i thought you were here for a long haul?

Posted Today, 11:01 AM My visa expires today but I will be leaving the Philippines on saturday... Should I renew it today or just overstay until saturday and pay the 1 week fine? I'm not sure, will they ask me to pay the whole visa fee at the airport + the fine... or not?

You cannot renew it today as Immigration office is closed due to public holiday. It is BEST to renew your VISA on or before Friday. And yes, they will charge you for your whole visa fee + 1000 pesos charge for late extension. If you are in the Airport for your flight while extending your visa then they can charge you whatever they want as you have only 2 choices: Whether you pay the figure they want or miss your flight?

Elsa

www.cebuexpatservices.com

• Like 2
Faluango

Okay so i cant renew it today. I want to leave tomorrow actually, so what if I arrive at the airport tomorrow.... I will be overstaying 1 day but had no choice as immigration offices were closed. What to do???

Davaoeno

About 3 years ago my visa expired 2 days before my flight to Canada. When I got to immigration they took me into a back room, held my passport open and told me " 3000 pesos" , which i put duly deposited into my passport. I was then taken back to the wicket, got my stamp and caught my plane. The alternative to paying 3000 was a lot more ie hotel room for at least one night, taxis, rebooking fee with airline 4500 pesos etc

KID

just pay it at airport---expect double

samatm

who knows if you smile and let them know today the office was closed.. they may just wave you through stamp stamp stamp its more fun in the Philippines!

SkyMan

Okay so i cant renew it today. I want to leave tomorrow actually, so what if I arrive at the airport tomorrow.... I will be overstaying 1 day but had no choice as immigration offices were closed. What to do???

I'm not sure if any leeway is given for holidays. You would have a better chance of getting that leeway at the BI and not the airport as they know they have you over a barrel at the airport. If you can't get to the BI before your flight you can probably expect to pay a bit more. You might want to allow more time at the airport for arguing about the holiday but in the end, they have all the time in the world and they know you don't. You might be ok going out of Cebu but going out of Manila you will pay.
miles-high

If only one day, and if the officer wants you to pay the penalty, etc., ask to meet with his/her supervisor. The supervisor could waive it at his/her discretion…

Be courteous in presenting your case... you honestly wanted to renew it but were unable to as it was their holiday...

Often the time of your arrival is important, be prepared to answer your incoming flight number and arrival time (to show if it is less than a day of overstay, if applicable)…

Arrive there (the immigration booth) well ahead of the departure time…

Good luck and be safe... :twocents:

Caveat: My personal and my colleague’s experience – yours may have a different outcome… :D

Edited by miles-high
Faluango

Okay so...

My visa expires today 1 May 2012 ... BI is closed so cant renew it.

I'm leaving tomorrow to Clark airport 2 May 2012 at 6:00 pm

My flight leaving the Philippines will be the next day 6.00 am

What should I do?

I want to find the cheapest way to get out of this mess

Edited by Faluango
CardiacKid

KISS Go to the BI office in Mandaue and pay for the extension. Go to Clark for your departure from the country with no anxiety and legal as far as BI goes. You DO NOT want to be in the situation where you have to pay whatever is asked to avoid missing your flight. You really do not need the extra worry prior to a long flight.

• Like 2
smokey

My visa expires today but I will be leaving the Philippines on saturday...

Should I renew it today or just overstay until saturday and pay the 1 week fine?

I'm not sure, will they ask me to pay the whole visa fee at the airport + the fine... or not?

Thanks

3 weeks ago you were moving out of your condo what happened did you break your rose colored glasses? i thought you were here for a long haul?

• Like 2
HTM

KISS Go to the BI office in Mandaue and pay for the extension. Go to Clark for your departure from the country with no anxiety and legal as far as BI goes. You DO NOT want to be in the situation where you have to pay whatever is asked to avoid missing your flight. You really do not need the extra worry prior to a long flight.

YES!!!!

This is a non-existent problem, go to the BI office 8am then it takes about 30 minutes.

No problems!

Have a nice trip!

m60man

Hate to loose a member of the Dog Pack...........Did you get caught trying to steal the refrigerator and now making a hasty exit? You created the mess........figure your way out of it! Go to the airport and take your chances...........who knows you might get lucky. Remember.......Liars always figure but figures never lie! Good Luck.

Brucewayne

I was late once because of all the Easter days the INS was closed.

I was told quite sternly to keep track of the date in my passport and to report/pay at least 3 days to a week before the expiration date of my Visa.

Faluango

I already moved out of that place last month. Going to beautiful Saint Tropez to do some business then will be back here in october :)