Kreole

Is an EXIT VISA required for a tourist who stays over 6 months? When I left the RP last trip, I was told by an official at the Bureau of Immigration that I had to get an Exit Visa in order to leave the RP. Otherwise, I would not be allowed to leave. So, I dutifully went to immigration, paid the fee and walked out with an Exit Visa. However, the immigration official at the airport exit gate did not ask me for any documents aside from my passport. No request to see my ACR card or Exit Visa. So, I do not know why I would have to get one if only for the RP to collect another fee. Any experience with this or advice as to whether to get one or not? Thanks

Edited by Kreole
ancienrocka

Yes mate.

It's a bit like a driver's licence - you can drive around for a year without one, but you need to have one when "the man" asks you to show it.

the.lone.gunman

I've been here for a year now, but going home for a visit in June so I guess I need an exit visa. I plan to leave beginning or middle of June. When should I apply for the exit visa ?

Headshot

I've been here for a year now, but going home for a visit in June so I guess I need an exit visa. I plan to leave beginning or middle of June. When should I apply for the exit visa ?

It's not really a visa. It is an exit fee. If you have been here for a while on a tourist visa, you just go into an immigration office to pay the fee within about a week of when you are leaving. If you are here on a permanent resident visa, you can take care of it at the airport. Don't confuse it with the airport fee either. It's different.

You get in for free. You have to pay to leave. It's kind of like the Hotel California.

Edited by Headshot
Woolf

What are the fee's and taxes when leaving The Philippines?

Terminal fee

Mactan

International 550 PHP

Domestic 200 php

Manila

International 550 PHP as of feb 1st 2012

Domestic 200 PHP

Clark

Internatiional 600 PHP

Domestic 200 PHP

I guess that if you fly from Cebu via Manila to international destination

you will have to pay 200 PHP in Cebu + 550 PHP in Manila.

The terminal fee is NOT a tax but a fee for using the facilities of the terminal,

well the government gets 12% VAT. Normally this fee is included in the ticket

price but not in The Philippines. I know of a few other airports where you have to

pay this fee

More than 6 months in The Philippines

You will have to go to Immigration to get an Emigration Clearance Certificate (ECC)

Bring 3 ID-photoes 2 x 2 inches, they will take your finger prints

Cost 500 PHP (May cost more now)

Travel Tax

Travel tax shall be levied on

(a.) all citizens of the Philippines;

(b.) permanent resident aliens; and

(c.) non-immigrant aliens who have stayed in the Philippines for more than one (1) year, who are leaving the country.

Travel Tax 1620 PHP (Business and Economy class)

Look here for full explanation of Travel Tax

http://www.tieza.com.ph/index.php take the travel tax tab

• Like 2
Woolf

More information about

Emigration Clearance Certificate

http://www.silent-gardens.com/visa.php

If you stay for more than 6 months in the Philippines, you will need an exit clearance. This clearance can only be obtained in the BI offices in Manila, Cebu and Davao.

You hav to bring:

* Three 2" x 2" colour photographs

* Your Passport

* Air tickets showing a confirmed reservation to leave the Philippines. They may ask to see this to check on your date of departure as ECCs should be obtained no more than 10 days prior to departure.

In Cebu-City you need 40 minutes:

* Go to the Reception Desk and tell the Immigration Officer sitting there that you need an Exit Clearance Certificate. She will ask to see your Passport and air ticket She will check to see if you have applied for all Extensions necessary for your stay. She will hand you a form to complete.

* You complete the form and return it to the same Receptionist and hand her your three photos. She will affix the photos to the form.

* You go to the "Cashier 3" window and hand in the form and your Passport. These will be checked and stamps are placed on the form; your Passport and form are handed back to you.

* You now go to "Cashier 1" and again hand over your Passport and Form. If you have a 9(a) Visa in your Passport (from a Philippines Embassy abroad) you will only pay an "Express Lane" fee of PHP500. If you don't have this Visa or if you have a Visa that grants residency (9(g), 13(a) etc), you'll pay considerably more (around PHP2900 + the PHP500 "Express Lane" fee).

* You now sit and wait a few minutes before you will be called to be finger-printed. This takes place next to the "Cashier 1" window.

* After a few more minutes you'll be called and your Passport and ECC handed to you. That certificate you hand to the Immigration Officer just before boarding your international flight.

• Like 1
afmayer
So, I dutifully went to immigration, paid the fee and walked out with an Exit Visa. However, the immigration official at the airport exit gate did not ask me for any documents aside from my passport.

Same thing happened to me... I had to hassle with the Manila BOI for 3-4 days to get the "Emigration Clearance Certificate" I was told I needed this to exit the country and then wasn't asked for it when I departed.

Edited by afmayer
afmayer

* After a few more minutes you'll be called and your Passport and ECC handed to you. That certificate you hand to the Immigration Officer just before boarding your international flight.

This part puzzles me... After being finger-printed (at Manila BOI), I was given a ticket and told to come back in 3 days. When I asked why, I was given a smirk and told it took 3 days to do a background check.. "why else would they take my fingerprints", I was told. When I came back 3 days later, I was told it wasn't ready yet and to come back tomorrow. Something tells me this "background check" was BS and it just sat on a desk for 3-4 days. In a way it was fitting this hassle would be my last remembered experience of the phils.

Edited by afmayer