Sign in to follow this  
ian

Hotel inCebu

breakfast
Parklane was AUD $90 in Dec 2007 for a reasonable room, queen bed, shower over bath. Nothing lavish. Breakfast for 2, a good selection of foods. It is virtually opposite Ayala. Service excellent. Clean. I'm not sure if the construction site is finished across the road. But I had silicon earplugs and I wear these at home anyway. Even birds wake me.

Costabella, on Mactan, is about the same price, but it's a different feel. Pools, waterfront, isolated. Koreans in abundance, mostly families. Good, but isolated.

mr_whippy

I can see that you now need to learn how to say kuripot !!! You'll be hearing that often, ha!

if you happened to be Filipino and you heard that expression, you could take it as a compliment, because it means somebody who is careful with money.

but when it's applied to foreigners, it means something completely different and means somebody who isn't a total idiot and who questions their 'allocated role' in what amounts to the Philippines national sport - freeloading off foreigners.

jtmwatchbiz

hi all,

new here to the forum but have been living in cebu for years. hotel-wise i think the best value is the diplomat hotel on ramos st...just down the street from holiday plaza. big clean professional hotel and at 880p per nite it's the best deal to be found, and walking distance to fuente. beats the hell out of the pension houses and smaller hotels.

fred

bikerdave

Has anybody stayed at kukuk's nest lately.

MrPlow42
hotel-wise i think the best value is the diplomat hotel on ramos st...just down the street from holiday plaza. big clean professional hotel and at 880p per nite it's the best deal to be found, and walking distance to fuente. beats the hell out of the pension houses and smaller hotels.

1040p is their lowest published promo rate now. I just left the Diplomat and moved into an apartelle. I looked at a lot of hotels & pensions in uptown and the diplomat is easily the best amenities for the price. No complaints about the service, either. Only drawback is the mattress is pretty hard. Hated it the first night, got halfway to tolerating it the second night and then it was tolerable after that. I tried to find a different place after that first night, but everything was booked for sinulog.

Room rates

http://diplomathotelcebu.com/index.php?opt...6&Itemid=56

Edited by MrPlow42

World Traveller

LS Pension house was 700 for a double room and 600 for single and i have stayed there about 4 times...

David Kennedy

After trying Appletree a few weeks ago I'm going to try some of the other hotels mentioned here. Appletree is too noisy for me. Mostly due to the shaft running outside the little window in each room allowing noise from other rooms to reverberate into other rooms.

The staff seemed mostly irritated when I complained and suggested improvements. My last night there, there was no water pressure in the CR. Every day there has some kind of bs going on. There are water pitchers in the rooms but you have to ask for water.. Twice our rooms had no towels..

KeithAngel
1040p is their lowest published promo rate now. I just left the Diplomat and moved into an apartelle. I looked at a lot of hotels & pensions in uptown and the diplomat is easily the best amenities for the price. No complaints about the service, either. Only drawback is the mattress is pretty hard. Hated it the first night, got halfway to tolerating it the second night and then it was tolerable after that. I tried to find a different place after that first night, but everything was booked for sinulog.

Room rates

http://diplomathotelcebu.com/index.php?opt...6&Itemid=56

The delux in the old wing is the second pic in the rooms link on the website and for 1360 is very good value for a 39mt sq room it has my vote

samatm
casa rosario

Let's see..

$300.00 stolen from their safety deposit box... claimed no responsibility...

Just do a search and read the true story...

I Don't know about that story and thats a shame if its true and I will avoid using the safety dep. box. However I don't know of any pension house around here that would take responsibility for 300.00 stolen from a safety deposit box??? I will say this I have always felt all my belongings and computers and the like are safe at Casa R. In fact my son left his sisters DS pocket video game there just before Christmas... And Casa R returned it to us when we checked back in January. I had completely given it up as lost... as it would have been a great Xmas gift for the house keeper or staff who found it. In fact personal safety, spacious lobby area (for a pension hse) , excellent location, In room Wifi, and friendly staff have made it a great choice. the rooms are spartan..but the beds and mattresses are very comfy...

nice people.

Apple
There is a pension house that Jollyjim moved to from the appletree suites. He says the room in bigger, better and cheaper. Want me to fing out what the name is?

The name is the NS Royal Pension house. It is only about 2 blocks from appletree suites. I was not impressed by appletree but maybe we got a bad room as it had no window. Also there is no free breakfast there. At NS I have a window, bigger CR, bigger room, free breakfast, all for same price, 1350p for a superior room. Standard room is

about 950p i think. They will charge you 100p per hour for internet service in your room. I payed that and then

found out there are at least 2 other wireless connections I can use for free. not sure who they belong to, one says:

SSSEnglish-Classroom. 24 hours and I'm on that damn plane home, YUCK!

Jim

PS, I also stayed in MangoPark hotel, I like it but the cost was 1800p for a deluxe room.

i can not recommend NS royal pension coz while their rooms are big and clean, our money was stolen there by one of their room boys as if i will never find out! P5,000 in cash was gone. I complained to the manager and he admitted to it. he was actually detained for few days coz the owner was really gutted. his sister who was vacationing from norway paid us back the money that he stole but obviously he lost his job.

Lee

I know this thread is old but since it came back up, I have had some friends stay at the Maxwell hotel this year and all liked it very much, so it might be a good choice for people who do not wish a budget place to stay but also do not wish to pay top dollar. It is a new hotel, so it seems to be clean and has a lot of water pressure for nice hot showers. :cool_01:

BTW, it does not look as good as the picture in person.

http://www.themaxwellhotelcebu.com/

angelescitypi
hi all,

new here to the forum but have been living in cebu for years. hotel-wise i think the best value is the diplomat hotel on ramos st...just down the street from holiday plaza. big clean professional hotel and at 880p per nite it's the best deal to be found, and walking distance to fuente. beats the hell out of the pension houses and smaller hotels.

fred

Hi Fred!!!!!!! It's CT Bill!

Dragon

Parklane booked for 5 nights in January. The brother of a lady friend suggested I try to get a room on the 14th floor but would not say the reason. Anybody have an idea why that floor would be special?

Lee From Cebu

I stayed at the elegent circle right on fluete 1100 a night hot showers comfy beds good size room nice view 6 th floor wasnt to noisey

pinkmonkey

We tried staying at the Regal Hotel just right across Ayala Center Cebu. Rates were really affordable like $43. It's not really some high end hotel but it's clean and cozy.