Sign in to follow this  
ian

Hotel inCebu

ian

Hi all

i am coming to cebu on 3rd March and wondered wher the best hotel to stay would be, with regards quality and location ,, near city centre and not too far from airport,, any suggestions really welcome..

ian

retired
Hi all

i am coming to cebu on 3rd March and wondered wher the best hotel to stay would be, with regards quality and location ,, near city centre and not too far from airport,, any suggestions really welcome..

ian

Lots of people on this forum can advise you on your question better than I but in the end it comes down to your budget & what you require in terms of comfort . If you haven't allready you might just try a goggle search & book direct with hotel instead of agency .

ian

i will do that,, book direct,, parklane seems favourite to me at moment,, but wanted real feedback from maybe someone thats stayed in a hotel,, thanks

retired

smokey

My pick is holiday plaza ... not the cheapest but a good location .. and lots of girl watching places close...Bo coffee ... robinsons mall... mango square.... thunderdome ... the place is clean and its in a good location... around the airport is for tourist who have way to much money.

• Like 1

ian

hi just seen its a moved topic,,,,,, can u help where to and why? sorry if i have posted in wrong area

ian

well folks i am booked into the Parklane from the 4th March for 10 days,, i am so lookforward to being there,,

i will post my findings and thoughts when ireturn,, they may be useful to someone,,

regards

ian

Mike S

Please do we are always interested in how people react to this area and what adventures they have had also what they liked and disliked about Cebu

ologist

Apple Tree Suites look like better rooms than Casa Rosario. Is that true in person? Anyone stayed in both, or seen rooms in both?

Thanks!!

Ian the Parklane looks lovely- but when I multiply the room rate by 30 days I become physically ill. :D

Cebuned
Apple Tree Suites look like better rooms than Casa Rosario. Is that true in person? Anyone stayed in both, or seen rooms in both?

Thanks!!

Ian the Parklane looks lovely- but when I multiply the room rate by 30 days I become physically ill. :D

Hotel Name: Parklane Hotel

Address: near Ayala Mall

City: Cebu

Other City:

Room Type: Suite

Room Price: 115 usd

Rate Housekeeping: 9

Rate Ammenities: 10

Overall Rating: 9

Girl Friendly: Yes

Comments: This is a fairly new hotel that a local turned me on to.

http://www.parklanehotel.com.ph/

I would rate it at least 4 stars. Very friendly and helpful staff. I

thought they lost my camera between the taxi and my room. I looked all

over my room for it ( almost all over ) went down to the concierge and

told him my camera was missing. 5 staff people converged in my room and we found it at the bottom of a bag, I apologized, gave tips all around, and fely like an idiot. There is outdoor dining near the pool. You pick your fish or steak at the counter, and they cook it. There is a nice band playing easy listening, and its pretty romantic, if your into that. Rates are $72 usd and up. The $115 rate I got for a corner plus

Room included:

Buffet Breakfast at Manuel's Restaurant

Free pressing of one (1) set of clothes per person per day

One (1) hour massage per person per day

Unlimited use of Internet

All day Coffee/Tea @ Manuel

tideclipper

Thanks!!

Hotel Name: Parklane Hotel

Address: near Ayala Mall

City: Cebu

Other City:

Room Type: Suite

Room Price: 115 usd

Rate Housekeeping: 9

Rate Ammenities: 10

Overall Rating: 9

Girl Friendly: Yes

Comments: This is a fairly new hotel that a local turned me on to.

http://www.parklanehotel.com.ph/

I would rate it at least 4 stars. Very friendly and helpful staff. I

thought they lost my camera between the taxi and my room. I looked all

over my room for it ( almost all over ) went down to the concierge and

told him my camera was missing. 5 staff people converged in my room and we found it at the bottom of a bag, I apologized, gave tips all around, and fely like an idiot. There is outdoor dining near the pool. You pick your fish or steak at the counter, and they cook it. There is a nice band playing easy listening, and its pretty romantic, if your into that. Rates are $72 usd and up. The $115 rate I got for a corner plus

Room included:

Buffet Breakfast at Manuel's Restaurant

Free pressing of one (1) set of clothes per person per day

One (1) hour massage per person per day

Unlimited use of Internet

All day Coffee/Tea @ Manuel

Bob Ward

Thanks!!

Ian the Parklane looks lovely- but when I multiply the room rate by 30 days I become physically ill. :)

There is a pension house that Jollyjim moved to from the appletree suites. He says the room in bigger, better and cheaper. Want me to find out what the name is?

Edited by Bob Ward

JollyJim

Thanks!!

Ian the Parklane looks lovely- but when I multiply the room rate by 30 days I become physically ill. :)

There is a pension house that Jollyjim moved to from the appletree suites. He says the room in bigger, better and cheaper. Want me to fing out what the name is?

The name is the NS Royal Pension house. It is only about 2 blocks from appletree suites. I was not impressed by appletree but maybe we got a bad room as it had no window. Also there is no free breakfast there. At NS I have a window, bigger CR, bigger room, free breakfast, all for same price, 1350p for a superior room. Standard room is

about 950p i think. They will charge you 100p per hour for internet service in your room. I payed that and then

found out there are at least 2 other wireless connections I can use for free. not sure who they belong to, one says:

SSSEnglish-Classroom. 24 hours and I'm on that damn plane home, YUCK!

Jim

PS, I also stayed in MangoPark hotel, I like it but the cost was 1800p for a deluxe room.

Edited by JollyJim

Cebuned

Thanks!!

There is a pension house that Jollyjim moved to from the appletree suites. He says the room in bigger, better and cheaper. Want me to fing out what the name is?

The name is the NS Royal Pension house. It is only about 2 blocks from appletree suites. I was not impressed by appletree but maybe we got a bad room as it had no window. Also there is no free breakfast there. At NS I have a window, bigger CR, bigger room, free breakfast, all for same price, 1350p for a superior room. Standard room is

about 950p i think. They will charge you 100p per hour for internet service in your room. I payed that and then

found out there are at least 2 other wireless connections I can use for free. not sure who they belong to, one says:

SSSEnglish-Classroom. 24 hours and I'm on that damn plane home, YUCK!

Jim

PS, I also stayed in MangoPark hotel, I like it but the cost was 1800p for a deluxe room.

WOW, Mango sure jacked up their prices......I was there in Sept. 2005 last....I think I paid 1,280 Peso for the deluxe room....But the bathroom was really nice..LOL And I had the roof top pool to ourselfs for 3 nights straight...Not one person came up there while we where using it in the evenings...