Can a US citizen teach English in the Philippines ?

Thanks Frosty. My TESL is accredited through TESL CANADA and is recognized internationally. TESL CANADA is recognized internationally as a bona fide accrediting agency. And you are correct in saying that there is no accrediting or governing body internationally for TESL. Some programs are recognized but most are not.

Ahh. I was thinking of getting the CELTA thru teaching house Vancouver... then teach in Canada.

• Replies 32
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Cyrus2Ray

• lazydays

• TorJay

• Frosty

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

consider Vietnam. the pay scale is much better. I know of several guys stayed in Vung Tau on the beach, a beautiful very modern city where everything actually works right. Very little requirement

As far as i'm aware there is nothing to stop anyone running an online business in RP as long as its aimed at overseas customers and the income comes from overseas. Example - Teaching english online to

Ahh. I was thinking of getting the CELTA thru teaching house Vancouver... then teach in Canada.

Both TESL and CELTA pave the way to teach English in Canada. To teach in a government agency such LINC you will need a provincial accreditation such as TESOL ONTARIO or whatever the equivalent is in B.C.

SkyMan
I understand that there are plenty of inhabitants of the United States that don't speak English. Why don't you start with them.
Sure but they don't want to learn English and definitely won't pay for it.