DIY Paramotoring

KennyF

While researching info for the LinC sister site Living in Cambodia I came across a very interesting site.

As it's been broached before on LinC I thought there may be members interested.

Details are on the link, but in a nutshell, these guys have paramotors for hire and can teach you how.

No license required.

http://www.livinginc...-sihanoukville/

post-4822-0-73779700-1335407870_thumb.jpg

KennyF

samatm

occasionally two of these fly around Mactan in the Marigondon area buzzing the subdivision. Never did find out where they start from.

KennyF

Well I tells ya. I'm going to do it when I visit Sihanoukville in August.

I think they even have a two seater so you can go tandem with an instructor to start off with.

Kenny

Headshot

In the US, I think these are called powered paragliders or powered parachutes. My brother has flown them for about twenty years. His is a two-seater and I have flown with him. It takes a surprisingly short strip to take off and land, but you really need to stay away from overhead power lines on takeoff and approach. For that reason, you would really have to be careful here. Also, they are not allowed to get anywhere near restricted airspace (around airports), so if they are flying above Mactan, they would have to stay on one side of the airport or the other. They wouldn't be allowed to cross the approach and take-off flight paths for the airport which cut all the way across the island.

Edited by Headshot
thebob

occasionally two of these fly around Mactan in the Marigondon area buzzing the subdivision. Never did find out where they start from.

They start by taking off from the ground!

• Like 1
Woolf