TRICARE: We are in DEEP Trouble

Headshot

If you want to get inside the US embassy ANYTIME, just tell them you need to speak to Homeland Security. No appointment is necessary, and they MUST let you in. If they ask why you need to see Homeland security, tell them it is confidential. Once you are inside the embassy, you can go to any of the US citizen services windows (those windows dealing with visas are segregated from those dealing with US citizen services, so you can't go there).

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Headshot

• RetiredNavyGuy

• SkyMan

• highwinder

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Smokey, I just told you the one thing you can say to the guards that will get you into the US citizen services area every time. If you don't want to use it, that's just fine with me. I guess it's a lo

"....that's the way it is" As long as you are in the U.S.. Medicare doesn't pay squat overseas. Yet we have to have it to be eligible for Tricare which doesn't pay, as for as I can tell, anything eith

Greetings! I can understand Cebu Doctors being removed. i was admitted there about 2 years ago for an angeoplastie. My cardo doctor came from the Chongwa groupe. He was just great, but the things the

smokey

If you want to get inside the US embassy ANYTIME, just tell them you need to speak to Homeland Security. No appointment is necessary, and they MUST let you in. If they ask why you need to see Homeland security, tell them it is confidential. Once you are inside the embassy, you can go to any of the US citizen services windows (those windows dealing with visas are segregated from those dealing with US citizen services, so you can't go there).

alright just tell a lie ok that will work and i can say its top secret its a code 8 they will never figure that out ,, guess i could say i want to see if my sister is here 

Edited by smokey

maybe you have not noticed but the embassy is NOT run by Americans but seems to be subcontracted to someone else  hence the reason its so hard for an american to get in the front door of the embassy guess they sub out everything here ., Last time i went to the embassy i wanted to go inside to get some forms the guard would not let me  as i needed an appointment so i asked to speak to someone in charge and another guard came out and asked me what and why i needed to get in and i told him and he said... Sir  YOU CAN DO THAT ON LINE SIR AND WALKED AWAY ,  my wife spoke and whalla he gave me a paper with a phone number to call but NO going in side.. In my mind the embassy is worthless and only on tv and movies is it a place to get help if you need it..

i have past by the US embassay in manila many times but i admit to never having to go inside or for that matter never been inside a US embasy in any country i have been in.  i understand that the US embassay is not a norm for our embassies, that being said i find it hard tobelieve a united states citizen can not gain entry with out an appointment.  if so i will have to make a stop just to checkit out.

Headshot

Smokey, I just told you the one thing you can say to the guards that will get you into the US citizen services area every time. If you don't want to use it, that's just fine with me. I guess it's a lot more fun to go all the way to Manila and then not be able to get into the embassy because of some dumbass Filipino guard on a power trip. If you don't like telling little fibs (it's not like you lied under oath), just go say Hi to the lady at the Homeland Security window once you get inside, and tell her you appreciate the fine job she's doing. That will make her day, and you will have spoken to Homeland Security like you told the guard. Then you can go do whatever it was you went there for in the first place.

Edited by Headshot
  • Like 3
  • 9 months later...

Anyone recommend a good Tricare provider and Hospital to go to in case of any issue in Cebu City, (I have a 18 month old also) . Were about a mile from Osmena Fuente Circle though eventually we will be looking elsewhere for some land

Jack_be_nimble

After reading countless horror stories over the years....

Think I'll study medicine and become my own doctor- whenever possible. Contintue to eat a good diet, good habits, etc. And save $200/mo to a emergency med fund to 'self insure' - be able to collect interest on the account, and avoid insurance co overhead costs and most importantly - THEIR BS!   And to hedge my bet, slightly, stay enrolled in PhilHealth to let them bicker regarding 'over' charges.

Edited by Jack_be_nimble
  • Like 1
SkyMan

Just go to this website link below and fill in the blank spaces

http://www.tricare-overseas.com/ProviderSearch/Beneficiary_PhilippineDemonstration_ProvSearch.aspx

Hey, very funny.  The system seems to have worked at least once.  A while back II went to my local doc.  He charges about p200 for an office visit.  It's always the meds that are the expensive part of the visit.  Well, I was a bit pissed at Tricare at the time so I filled a claim for it.  The did eventually pay me something now looking at the list above I see he's on the approved list.  Hahahahaha

SkyMan

Chong Hua, Perpetual Succor, and Cebu North Gen are listed certified.  I don't see CDUH but I think most CDUH doctors also have hours at Chong Hua.

I notice not so many individual doctors listed.  I looked up Ortho in Cebu and the group, Cebu Ortho Institute, is listed but none of the 15 or so docs come up.

For those living north, Mendero Medical Center is listed.

• Like 1
NOSOCALPINOY

Hey, very funny.  The system seems to have worked at least once.  A while back II went to my local doc.  He charges about p200 for an office visit.  It's always the meds that are the expensive part of the visit.  Well, I was a bit pissed at Tricare at the time so I filled a claim for it.  The did eventually pay me something now looking at the list above I see he's on the approved list.  Hahahahaha

I'm just a newbie about this TRICARE overseas stuff, since we were only eligible 6 yrs ago from my USAFR unit, but we haven't had to use their website for in-patient care, because we haven't yet had a serious illness.

I did how ever learned to setup my own system for processing our pharmacy claims through TRICARE WPS Overseas Claims via faxing all of our claims on-line (40 pages, 12 months worth of Mercury Drug prescription medications just for myself alone) to them and after 30 days my reimbursement claim of $1,500 out of a total bill of $2,200 was directly deposited into our U.S. bank account.

A huge improvement from the old ways via the RP/US snail mail system and months later our paper reimbursement checks was in our mail box here in the Philippines. BTW, the previous years our claims and or reimbursement checks got lost in the US/RP snail mail system taking 3 times as long to process our claims! That's why in the past, retirees living in the Philippines went broke or just died trying to get their money back of their huge upfront cash half to million of pesos payments they have paid out of their own pockets! 

I knew of a Navy retiree who lived in Olongapo City, who had cancer and could no longer to afford treatments so he just bit the bullet and did without his cancer treatments, because he went financially broke due to the fact that TRICARE did not reimburse him soon enough and also some of his claims were denied due to errors in his claims and the length of time it took the RP snail mail to get his claims to the U.S. didn't help any. Just one of TRICARE's victims to show how America treats their foreign wars veterans living in the Philippines! To remember and honor him, his name is Mike Pickens, may he RIP! 

• Like 1
SkyMan

I did how ever learned to setup my own system for processing our pharmacy claims through TRICARE WPS Overseas Claims via faxing all of our claims on-line (40 pages, 12 months worth of Mercury Drug prescription medications just for myself alone) to them and after 30 days my reimbursement claim of $1,500 out of a total bill of $2,200 was directly deposited into our U.S. bank account.
I use the secure email but either way works.  I'm wondering on your scripts, doesn't there have to be a doctor signing off you need those or are these just some permanent scripts for maintenance drugs?  Just curious.  The VA sends me all my maintenance drugs but I'm wondering if my wife needed something. Or I needed something the VA didn't cover.
NOSOCALPINOY

I use the secure email but either way works.  I'm wondering on your scripts, doesn't there have to be a doctor signing off you need those or are these just some permanent scripts for maintenance drugs?  Just curious.  The VA sends me all my maintenance drugs but I'm wondering if my wife needed something. Or I needed something the VA didn't cover.

The prescriptions can be written by any doctor in the Philippines, but the pharmacy has to be on TRICARE's list of certified pharmacy and their specific location. Also the medications has to be on TRICARE's list of covered prescription drugs, but when in the U.S. only an FDA certified doctor can write out prescriptions if there are claims to be submitted to TRICARE.

I know nothing about the VA's pharmacy policies, even though I do have a VA Comp., never had to use them. 

Edited by NOSOCALPINOY