Sign in to follow this  
USMC-Retired

Philippine Passport for wife

ed villas

do you have the URL or LINK for this info that was posted?

or its NOT Allowed by forum rules????

• What are the requirements for a Filipino citizen to travel abroad?

At a minimum, a traveler intending to go abroad shall be required to present a passport valid for at least six (6) months, visa when required and a round trip ticket during the primary inspection.

Etc.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 1

ed villas

SMEF is no longer doing the seminars, but as near as I can tell, things have not drastically improved. They can and do sometimes make life difficult. They especially target young girls with older spouses/fiances.

what is the "legal reason "for this? another government money maker? has any case gone to court testing the legality of this "rule or requirement",,

according to the much loved 1987 Constitution, one has the "right to travel"

They jacked this poor girl around for months,

has any one ever considered "jacking" these people around, heard that $100. canget results ....

ozboy

OK i'll find it BOSS..the last time I supplied a link I was asked to post the article cos it was taking too long to open..and do not remind me about forum rules!!!!

http://www.immigration.gov.ph/index.php/faqs/travel-req

Edited by ozboy

SkyMan
Right, I screwed up the terms, she needs the certificate to get the name changed on the existing passport. So my question is, since they are insisting on a copy of the Affidavit in Lieu and I turned it in 3 years ago when we were married what do you suggest if the clerk's office doesn't have a copy (which is likely) - going back to the Consulate and getting another? I think it's 50 bucks and they might not accept it because the marriage was 3 years ago. We've already gone to this place twice and it's a 2 hour trip each way.

My wife was sent away by the nuns to get every document we had had to obtain to get married to include the certs from the seminars. After that she was sent away to get copies of the pages of my passport with stamps on them.  Was glad we lived in Cebu then.

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 1

Salty Dog

My wife was sent away by the nuns to get every document we had had to obtain to get married to include the certs from the seminars. After that she was sent away to get copies of the pages of my passport with stamps on them. Was glad we lived in Cebu then.

It seems your reputation preceded you…

SkyMan

My wife's passport has the certificate, plus the stamp.

I think that's because she has an immigration visa, right?  Mine just has a tourist visa.  So going there one way rates a stamp while going multiple times you only get the certificate.