Sign in to follow this  
sngbm87

Ako si Alex

sngbm87

Kamusta ka kuyas?

tylerthedude

Let me know if my response is wrong. I could always use practice writing in Tagalog:

Kamusta na, pare? Ano ang balita diyan sa inyo? Dito, okay lang. Maiinit ang panahon pero mabuti naman umuulan pa minsan minsan. Ikaw ba ay isa ring dayuhan katulad ko? Kung ganoon, ganong katagal ka na sa Pinas? Sarap dito, no?

Justin Kredible

I will translate: No tyler, you're not going to get coconuts for rezzing this thread.

• Like 1

Athena

tyler - pasa ang ang tagalog mo!

tagalog mo mas mabuti pa kay sa akin .............

SkyMan

Kamusta ka kuyas?

Kuyas? Did you mean "Kamusta mo mga kuya?"

Hahahaha

Edited by SkyMan
  • Like 2

expat08

Kuya is older brother. Kuyas is brothers. So it's correct.

Edited by expat08

JSL-USMC

All the animals are equal but some are more equal. Abi nako si Skyman og sakto pero wala ako kahibalo

Davaoeno

Kuya is older brother. Kuyas is brothers. So it's correct. I understand that that is NOT correct

Pluralization

Mga Mangga

In English, if we want to make a word plural, we just add an “s” at the end. So, a ball is a nice toy, but if you have more than one ball, you have balls (no jokes here, guys!, I promise, this is not a pun!). On some words, if we want to make it plural, phonetically we add the “s,” but in writing we have to add a few more letters to make the spelling correct. For example, I enjoy eating a mango from time to time, but since others in the house want a mango too, when I go to the market I buy mangoes. Mangoes, not a mango. See what I mean.

In the various Filipino languages, though, adding an “s” does not make a word plural. So, if you see a kid, that’s a bata in Bisaya or Tagalog. But, if you see a group of children along the street, they are not “batas.” No, to make a word plural in the Philippine languages, you would add another word, “mga.” So, when you see a group of children, you are seeing “mga bata.”

In Bisaya or Tagalog, a mango is “mangga.” When you make that trip to the market, remember, though, you need more than one mango to feed the family, so be sure to purchase “mga mangga.” What is “mga mangga?” It is mangoes.

A ball is bola. Balls are “mga bola.”

So, remember, to make a plural, you cannot just add an “s” at the end of the word, that does not work in the Philippines! [ credit to Bob Martin Liveinthephilippines]

Accordingly I believe what Skyman said to be exactly correct !

Kuyas? Did you mean "Kamusta mo mga kuya?"

Hahahaha

Edited by SkyMan, 25 May 2012 - 12:21 AM.

Edited by DAVAOENO

JSL-USMC

Wow, you ask someone the time and they tell you how to make mga clock.

• Like 1