INCOME REQUIREMENT FOR SPOUSAL VISA?

Edwin

For those too dense to notice, this is sarcasm. :sarcasm: This, however, is the line handed out by those with low double digit IQ's. There is no simple answer to this problem, as long as the U.S. offers a chance to provide a better living for a man's family. If the same logic had been applied by the Native Americans when our ancestors first landed we wouldn't be here today.

I disagree. Did you read his other posts in this thread? What makes this post, which was consistent with the rest, sarcasm?

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shadow

• razorbackhog2

• smokey

• Headshot

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

mine did too after shopping at wal mart one day she says.... honey why dont we just get food coupon then we can save our money to buy things we want? I said we cant its only for poor people , then she

The minimum income requirement for a 3 person household is $23,862. If he does not meet that, he can use a co-sponsor. Other than that, his wife will simply not be issued a visa and he wasted $1000+ a

Mexicans are allowed a free ride into the USA because they mostly vote democrats. Filipinos are blocked at every turn because they mostly vote republican.   You will find many invisible road blocks

shadow

Not true but a funny thought. She has to show a way to support herself. There are many hurdles for this that are easier when they are alive.

There is no affidavit of support requirement for a widow's visa. If they can show some means of support, they generally will be allowed in. It does not have to be much, a job to go to, money in the bank, SS for a kid...

Much easier than meeting the $18,912/year to get my wife there.

Larry in Dumaguete

• Like 1
SkyMan
Are you going to cut the grass in my yard and on the golf course if you get rid of the Mexicans?
Contrary to popular belief, Americans will cut grass and pick produce. Of course, they'll only do it for minimum wage so no more slave labor pool. But then, at minimum wage they will pay some taxes and SS and won't draw food stamps and welfare and have anchor babies, etc.
shadow

Contrary to popular belief, Americans will cut grass and pick produce. Of course, they'll only do it for minimum wage so no more slave labor pool. But then, at minimum wage they will pay some taxes and SS and won't draw food stamps and welfare and have anchor babies, etc.

Having worked in the small engine industry in Wyoming, I knew quite a few lawn care guys, private individuals who mowed lawns etc. for living. Actually some of them made pretty good money at it, made more than I did. $20-$40 a pop, 6-8 lawns a day adds up.

Getting a bit off topic now.

Larry in Dumaguete

cebubird

Thanks Larry. I will pass this info along to my friend.

Never ceases to amaze me on here how a simple question(which you had a simple concise answer for)can be turned into a rant complete with personal attacks.

One poster may have had a point about the employees in the State Dept-I have read that the civil service employees there are mostly democrats.

smokey

The USA is not denying a citizen entry. I have no problem with the spouse coming as well long as she is never allowed to recieve taxpayer monies to live on. My own wife was under the impression that the government pays for everthing. Where did she learn that. From her friends that came that came before her.

mine did too after shopping at wal mart one day she says.... honey why dont we just get food coupon then we can save our money to buy things we want? I said we cant its only for poor people , then she says i have friend that live with a white guy they live in california and they get food coupon , and free medical for the children and help with rent and many things.. i said well if they catch the husband he will be in big trouble...,, she says the husband is not there the white guy is not the pappa of the children he is the live in and if they marry all the money dont come so they just live in... I said the pappa what happen to him....??? She said well she told me he was so stupid and she dont want to stay with him so after 5 years she left... then the kicker ... she says the reason she left the husband is he is a cheater and scam people and she dont want her children to grow up that way....

Edited by smokey
  • Like 3
The Mason

The income requirements vary by location. If you live in Alaska or Hawaii they are different then the rest of the country. You need to have 125% of the federal poverty for your size household. If you don't meet the requirements based on income, you can use assets to make up the difference. For a spousal visa, you need 3 times the income shortfall in assets. For other visas, you need 5 times the income shortfall.

Current income requirements for 2012 can be found at http://www.uscis.gov/files/form/i-864p.pdf

Headshot

The income requirements vary by location. If you live in Alaska or Hawaii they are different then the rest of the country. You need to have 125% of the federal poverty for your size household. If you don't meet the requirements based on income, you can use assets to make up the difference. For a spousal visa, you need 3 times the income shortfall in assets. For other visas, you need 5 times the income shortfall.

Current income requirements for 2012 can be found at http://www.uscis.gov...form/i-864p.pdf

That's interesting because once she is in the US, the two of you can move anywhere you wish. So...you could tell them you will be living in Mississippi (the lowest average income) and then move to Alaska or Hawaii after she has entered the US. There wouldn't be any additional requirement because she is already in the country.

Headshot

mine did too after shopping at wal mart one day she says.... honey why dont we just get food coupon then we can save our money to buy things we want? I said we cant its only for poor people , then she says i have friend that live with a white guy they live in california and they get food coupon , and free medical for the children and help with rent and many things.. i said well if they catch the husband he will be in big trouble...,, she says the husband is not there the white guy is not the pappa of the children he is the live in and if they marry all the money dont come so they just live in... I said the pappa what happen to him....??? She said well she told me he was so stupid and she dont want to stay with him so after 5 years she left... then the kicker ... she says the reason she left the husband is he is a cheater and scam people and she dont want her children to grow up that way....

So...is your wife thinking about leaving you so she can get free stuff?

:D:):P

shadow

Current income requirements for 2012 can be found at http://www.uscis.gov...form/i-864p.pdf

What they want to see is liquid assets such as stocks, bonds, money in the bank, or something that can quickly be turned into cash. Cars, boats, and real estate are generally not much help anymore, except in terms of showing you don't have to rent/buy.

Larry in Dumaguete

Q. As a widow(er) of a U.S. citizen, am I required to submit a Form I-864, Affidavit of Support?

A. No. Under the INA, a widow(er) of a citizen and his or her accompanying children are not required to submit Form I-864, Affidavit of Support.

here is goverment link and rules maybe i miss read!!!

http://www.uscis.gov/portal/site/uscis/menuitem.5af9bb95919f35e66f614176543f6d1a/?vgnextoid=40d9ca07be2e3210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD&vgnextchannel=3d7fa6c515083210VgnVCM100000082ca60aRCRD

Also my wife would make it any way as she gets 75%of my SS check for my child and after a few months in the USA she will get a check also. so more than enough other prove if they did want some.

smokey

So...is your wife thinking about leaving you so she can get free stuff?

:):ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

now right now i am worth more alive .... thru face book she hears all this stuff and things its just a matter of saying hey give me free food , and i dont want to pay my rent etc etc.. and they never let it go i am paying for the food at the store and its over 150 bucks and she says see if we get coupon you save a lot of money and everyone can get the coupon my friend told me...

Edited by smokey
shadow

Q. As a widow(er) of a U.S. citizen, am I required to submit a Form I-864, Affidavit of Support?

A. No. Under the INA, a widow(er) of a citizen and his or her accompanying children are not required to submit Form I-864, Affidavit of Support.

here is goverment link and rules maybe i miss read!!!

http://www.uscis.gov...000082ca60aRCRD

You are not misreading it, Tonny, a widow files form I-864W, which is a waiver of the need to file I-864. Still though they are usually asked at interview how they will support themselves. If they don't have an answer, no visa will be likely forthcoming.

Larry in Dumaguete

Edited by shadow
SkyMan

Tanks for thatod info. I've thought to myself that if I ever moved back it would robably be to Alaska so it's good to know it counts different. I've surprised Hawaii is only a little more. It's very expensive there.