INCOME REQUIREMENT FOR SPOUSAL VISA?

cebubird

I'm sure this has been discussed before, but hoping someone can give quick answer.

I have a friend who needs to go back to US for health/family issues,and is applying for visa for his wife. They have a child who has her CRBA and he and she get Social Security. His SS is minimal and that is only income.

What are chances they will turn down his wife because of low income?

Thanks

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• shadow

• razorbackhog2

• smokey

• Headshot

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

mine did too after shopping at wal mart one day she says.... honey why dont we just get food coupon then we can save our money to buy things we want? I said we cant its only for poor people , then she

The minimum income requirement for a 3 person household is $23,862. If he does not meet that, he can use a co-sponsor. Other than that, his wife will simply not be issued a visa and he wasted $1000+ a

Mexicans are allowed a free ride into the USA because they mostly vote democrats. Filipinos are blocked at every turn because they mostly vote republican.   You will find many invisible road blocks

smokey

in all the papers i saw it was like 18 thousand a year or a co sign i am pretty sure on the amount but might be off a thousand shadow would know and his income is for 3 ..

miles-high

It is inconceivable that a spouse of a US citizen cannot travel to the US at her will, no matter how much income the h and/or w have, as long as the marriage is not of fraudulent nature.

The US Government is basically allowing most illegals (estimated to be over 10 millions) in the country by preventing the local law enforcement to arrest and deport illegals on the federal power ground, even suing the states of Alabama, Arizona, etc.

These are clear cases of the law abiding persons unfairly treated over the illegals…

Edited by miles-high
shadow

The minimum income requirement for a 3 person household is $23,862. If he does not meet that, he can use a co-sponsor. Other than that, his wife will simply not be issued a visa and he wasted $1000+ applying.

Larry in Dumaguete

• Like 1
USMC-Retired

The minimum income requirement for a 3 person household is $23,862. If he does not meet that, he can use a co-sponsor. Other than that, his wife will simply not be issued a visa and he wasted $1000+ applying.

Larry in Dumaguete

I have asked this question right from the source. There is NO EXCEPTION TO THE RULE. I am 500 dollars a year short with my retirement. It is a non-starter for any paper work do not try. I have a co sponsor. The good thing is the co-sponsor only has to sponsor their household and you spouse. In my case it is Mom and Dad and Wife. Their income exceeds 23k and all is good.

JSL-USMC

To compound those exorbitant fines masquerading as "fees" the U.S. government turns around and gives it to some of the 20,000,000 ilegales. When I read about these thing I just thanks god that that's behind me........I hope.

Cipro

Just need to come in via the southern border and all will be well.

shadow

I have asked this question right from the source. There is NO EXCEPTION TO THE RULE. I am 500 dollars a year short with my retirement. It is a non-starter for any paper work do not try. I have a co sponsor. The good thing is the co-sponsor only has to sponsor their household and you spouse. In my case it is Mom and Dad and Wife. Their income exceeds 23k and all is good.

Actually there are exceptions, such as for instance you are close to the guideline but slightly under, but you own a home and/or have some savings. The consular officer can and they sometimes do take this into consideration and allow the visa.

If one has no income but has three years worth of the guideline in liquid assets (cash, stocks, bonds) that is generally enough. We have successfully processed visas for people in this exact situation, and in fact have another one going to interview next week. He has no income for the last 2 years, but he has $54,000 in the bank and has a free place to live in the US. Their chances are good at approval.

However someone with no liquid assets and not close to the 125% of poverty guideline has only the option of a co-sponsor.

Larry in Dumaguete

cebubird

Sounds sort of like the guy Im talking about. He does have a free place to live. Don't know about savings-and income SS for him and little girl is about 1300 a month. His interview also is next week and he is sure they are going to turn them down.

shadow

Sounds sort of like the guy Im talking about. He does have a free place to live. Don't know about savings-and income SS for him and little girl is about 1300 a month. His interview also is next week and he is sure they are going to turn them down.

I would venture a prediction that if he had $30,000 tucked away, they would have a chance. Otherwise...

LinD

USMC-Retired

Shadow thanks forgot that one. I believe it is 3 to 5 times the short fall in liquid assets. What they count as liquid is cash money or what has an appraised value.

Well if you die she does not have to meet any income requirements figure that she gets a pass!!!

! With the widows visa

Edited by tonny
USMC-Retired

Well if you die she does not have to meet any income requirements figure that she gets a pass!!!

! With the widows visa

Not true but a funny thought. She has to show a way to support herself. There are many hurdles for this that are easier when they are alive.

MattFromGA

Mexicans are allowed a free ride into the USA because they mostly vote democrats. Filipinos are blocked at every turn because they mostly vote republican.

You will find many invisible road blocks getting your wife back, but if you're a registered voter who donated to the DNC every election, you will get a special free pass. Make sure to have your wife wear an "Obama 2012" pin while at the interview.

• Like 1
tomaw

in all the papers i saw it was like 18 thousand a year or a co sign i am pretty sure on the amount but might be off a thousand shadow would know and his income is for 3 ..

.................Thanks Smokey. My wife's sister will be going through the same thing. She married her American husband in Cebu and he lives in Florida. He will be getting her a Spousal Visa to go there soon.