Flying out of PH, do i need to visit Bureau of Immigration?

Headshot

No... I was told that everybody (over a 6 month stay) had to be finger-printed and have a background check performed in order to exit country. As you (and several others have pointed out), this is incorrect for 13A.

Well...sort of. You DO get fingerprinted when you get your 13A, so they do have them on file already.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ross_batangas

• afmayer

• SkyMan

• Headshot

David Spicer

I wasn't confusing the ACR-I card, but simply repeating back what the OP stated in opening post. My confusion was based on misinformation presented to me at both the Cebu and Manila BOI's.

Permenent residents are not visitors, so they aren't even part of this equation.

the.lone.gunman

I'm just a regular guy with an acr card. Been here one year. Can I get my exit visa at the airport or do I have to go to the BI ?

David Spicer

I'm just a regular guy with an acr card. Been here one year. Can I get my exit visa at the airport or do I have to go to the BI ?

I'm guessing you mean tourist, extending every 2 months. As far as I know you will have to go to the BI to get an ECC prior to departure.

ross_batangas

Just got my ECC exit clearance today. I am a permanent resident (on 1st year probation). It took about 10 minutes and was easy.

I paid $2870 php for it. How much did you guys pay?

So it just applies when you've stayed past 6 months. The ACR Residency Card is different how so from the Tourist I Card? You still have to pay fees for both when you leave? I thought both can be cancelled once you leave the country if you don't pay the fees by showing it.