Flying out of PH, do i need to visit Bureau of Immigration?

ross_batangas

Does anyone know the hours of that booth at the airport??

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ross_batangas

• afmayer

• Headshot

• David Spicer

SkyMan

Confusing... BOI told me it didn't matter about ACR-I card. I did/do have the ACR-I card (although expired... which I was fined for). I was told that if you were in-country for longer than 6 months, you had to be finger-printed and have a background check (takes 4 days) as part of the "Emigration Exit Clearance" process. I don't understand how this can happen at the airport as stated in previous posts unless there are different types of Exit Clearances?

Yes, it dowsn't matter about the ACR card. What matters is the type of VISA you are on. If you're on 13A, just do it at the airport.

If it helps I'm not comming back anytime soon.

Well, the exit/reentry cert. given when you depart is good for a year. I think you said you just recently got your probationary 13A? If you aren't back a couple months before the probationary 1 yer is up it will expire and you'll have to start over. Or you can get the permanent 13A abroad at a Phil Embassy.
afmayer
i see that afmayer has posted again: was this your first time in getting an ecc? perhaps that is why you had to make an appearance at boi (just guessing). you do realize that the 4 day background check consists of putting your papers in a back room for 4 days and then checking to see if they can find them when you come back to pick them up...

Yes, it was my first time at ECC. Yes, I also realize that fingerprints/background check was meaningless and this was just another way to collect some pesos. What amazes me is the story I was told at two different BOI's (Cebu and Manila) compared to what is being said in previous posts in this topic. Also, I was surprised by the fact I wasn't even asked for the clearance while exiting the country.

Headshot

Does anyone know the hours of that booth at the airport??

The booth is just manned by an immigration officer, so if immigration is in operation, the booth is in operation.

ross_batangas

BTW this is my first ECC as well. I been here 2 years straight.

SkyMan

BTW this is my first ECC as well. I been here 2 years straight.

Again, doesn't matter. AFMayer was not on 13A.

Curious about why the sudden change. A 13A is expensive and usually done by someone who plans 2 stay at least a couple years. You sound like you just got the probabtionary and

Edited by SkyMan
David Spicer

Confusing... BOI told me it didn't matter about ACR-I card. I did/do have the ACR-I card (although expired... which I was fined for). I was told that if you were in-country for longer than 6 months, you had to be finger-printed and have a background check (takes 4 days) as part of the "Emigration Exit Clearance" process. I don't understand how this can happen at the airport as stated in previous posts unless there are different types of Exit Clearances?

You're confusing the ACR I-Card with Immigration status. The OP is a permanent resident, not a visitor, and 13(A) is stated on his ACR I-Card. He will pay about P2,800 at the airport for a reentry permit, good for 1 year, along with any other departure fees.

David Spicer

Just a reminder...if you are not here to amend your probationaty to permanent prior to its expiration, you will have to start again from the beginning.

ross_batangas

Again, doesn't matter. AFMayer was not on 13A.

Curious about why the sudden change. A 13A is expensive and usually done by someone who plans 2 stay at least a couple years. You sound like you just got the probabtionary and

My wife and I are moving to the States. I plan to update my a13 through the PH Embassy. I am not going to lose that if I can help it, was a real pill to get.

Headshot

My wife and I are moving to the States. I plan to update my a13 through the PH Embassy. I am not going to lose that if I can help it, was a real pill to get.

If you are out of the Philippines for two years, you will lose your 13A visa no matter what. If you and your wife are moving to the US, then you will just be visiting in the future anyway. Just make sure that you ALWAYS enter the Philippine WITH your wife, and you will get a BBstamp in your passport. Then, it won't cost you anything unless you will be here for more than a year. If, at some point, you decide to come back to the Philippines to live, then get a new 13A throough the Philippine Embassy in the US before you come. That will give you a permanent 13A visa, and at least you don't have a probationary year with another fee to have it made permanent.

Edited by Headshot
ross_batangas

If you are out of the Philippines for two years, you will lose your 13A visa no matter what. If you and your wife are moving to the US, then you will just be visiting in the future anyway. Just make sure that you ALWAYS enter the Philippine WITH your wife, and you will get a BBstamp in your passport. Then, it won't cost you anything unless you will be here for more than a year. If, at some point, you decide to come back to the Philippines to live, then get a new 13A throough the Philippine Embassy in the US before you come. That will give you a permanent 13A visa, and at least you don't have a probationary year with another fee to have it made permanent.

Your the man! thx dude

ross_batangas

I am going to visit the region BOC and see if I can get ECC and exit thing there, its only 30 minutes away. Now that I have the A13 I hope they will entertain me. Sometimes they refer you to the Manila or Cebu BOC. My friend said he went there and it was no problem, he has an a13 also.

Edited by ross_batangas
afmayer

I have a a13 probationary (1 year) ACR card which was issued to me a month or 2 ago.

Can I just leave with that or do I have to visit the Bureau again?

My wife has her CFO data and stamp, plus visa and documents. Does she need to visit BoI also?

Trying to aviod any snafus. This would be some good info for ppl to have here as well.

You're confusing the ACR I-Card with Immigration status. The OP is a permanent resident, not a visitor, and 13(A) is stated on his ACR I-Card. He will pay about P2,800 at the airport for a reentry permit, good for 1 year, along with any other departure fees.

I wasn't confusing the ACR-I card, but simply repeating back what the OP stated in opening post. My confusion was based on misinformation presented to me at both the Cebu and Manila BOI's.

SkyMan
My confusion was based on misinformation presented to me at both the Cebu and Manila BOI's.
And the info from those BI offices was probably correct for you since you aren't on a 13A.
That will give you a permanent 13A visa, and at least you don't have a probationary year with another fee to have it made permanent.
Not to mention you shouldn't have to pay any extra 'fee' to the interviewer.

I am going to visit the region BOC and see if I can get ECC and exit thing there, its only 30 minutes away. Now that I have the A13 I hope they will entertain me. Sometimes they refer you to the Manila or Cebu BOC. My friend said he went there and it was no problem, he has an a13 also.

I tried it (going to the BOI not BOC) with my 13A not a13 and it was a wasted trip. Really, it's not hard to do at the airport, just allow a bit of extra time. Edited by SkyMan
afmayer
And the info from those BI offices was probably correct for you since you aren't on a 13A.

No... I was told that everybody (over a 6 month stay) had to be finger-printed and have a background check performed in order to exit country. As you (and several others have pointed out), this is incorrect for 13A.