Flying out of PH, do i need to visit Bureau of Immigration?

ross_batangas

I have a a13 probationary (1 year) ACR card which was issued to me a month or 2 ago.

Can I just leave with that or do I have to visit the Bureau again?

My wife has her CFO data and stamp, plus visa and documents. Does she need to visit BoI also?

Trying to aviod any snafus. This would be some good info for ppl to have here as well.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• ross_batangas

• afmayer

• SkyMan

• Headshot

afmayer

I have a a13 probationary (1 year) ACR card which was issued to me a month or 2 ago.

Can I just leave with that or do I have to visit the Bureau again?

My wife has her CFO data and stamp, plus visa and documents. Does she need to visit BoI also?

Trying to aviod any snafus. This would be some good info for ppl to have here as well.

If you have been living in the Philippines for longer than 6 months, you need an exit clearance from the BOI. I went to great trouble to get one at BOI in Manila (took 4 days and cost ~P1,100), and then wasn't asked for it when I left the country... Go figure...

ross_batangas

If you have been living in the Philippines for longer than 6 months, you need an exit clearance from the BOI. I went to great trouble to get one at BOI in Manila (took 4 days and cost ~P1,100), and then wasn't asked for it when I left the country... Go figure...

Gosh they are retard, and BOI is just so greedy and corrupt, you can't make any move in there w/o a fee.

ross_batangas

How long is this exit clearance good for?

SkyMan

On 13A you'll pay your exit at the airport. It's about p2900. Your wife will pay travel tax about p1400. Supposedly you are also required to pay that but I have left twice and not been asked about it. I ain't paying if they ain't askin.

Edited by SkyMan
afmayer

How long is this exit clearance good for?

On mine it says it is good for 7 days from date of issuance.

Edited by afmayer
afmayer

On 13A you'll pay your exit at the airport. It's about p2900. Your wife will pay travel tax about p1400. Supposedly you are also required to pay that but I have left twice and not been asked about it. I ain't paying if they ain't askin.

I think we are talking about 2 different things. An "Emigration Clearance Certificate" is required if you are in-country longer than 6 months. You are required to have fingerprints taken and your background checked. That took (at least in my case) 4 days at the Manila BOI. It cannot be done at the airport when exiting.

Travel tax for me and wife was included in the price of our airline tickets as we purchased them on-line while in the Philippines.

Edited by afmayer
Headshot

Well, I've been out of the country a few times since I've had my 13A visa. They no longer require you to go to the Bureau of Immigration for your clearance. They now have a window right at the airport where you can take care of it. It is a lot easier than making a separate trip to BOI for a clearance. There is a fee for your wife to leave as well, but I don't remember how that was paid. It may have been included in the ticket price. Either way, there is no need to go to BOI.

ross_batangas

Well, I've been out of the country a few times since I've had my 13A visa. They no longer require you to go to the Bureau of Immigration for your clearance. They now have a window right at the airport where you can take care of it. It is a lot easier than making a separate trip to BOI for a clearance. There is a fee for your wife to leave as well, but I don't remember how that was paid. It may have been included in the ticket price. Either way, there is no need to go to BOI.

AWESOME I hope your right, thx dude!

afmayer
Either way, there is no need to go to BOI.

Complete opposite of what I was told, my experience, and the link below. Fingerprinting and background check is not/can not be done at airport. It takes days to complete. The below link seems to agree with my experience and what I was told by BOI.

http://manila.usembassy.gov/wwwha006.html#ExitClear

ross_batangas

If it helps I'm not comming back anytime soon.

ross_batangas

My wife just called BOC in Manila and they said that the Emigration Exit Clearance and such can be done at the airport.

easy44

Complete opposite of what I was told, my experience, and the link below. Fingerprinting and background check is not/can not be done at airport. It takes days to complete. The below link seems to agree with my experience and what I was told by BOI.

http://manila.usemba....html#ExitClear

You didn't have a 13A visa either did you? The OP does and so does Headshot.

afmayer

You didn't have a 13A visa either did you? The OP does and so does Headshot.

Confusing... BOI told me it didn't matter about ACR-I card. I did/do have the ACR-I card (although expired... which I was fined for). I was told that if you were in-country for longer than 6 months, you had to be finger-printed and have a background check (takes 4 days) as part of the "Emigration Exit Clearance" process. I don't understand how this can happen at the airport as stated in previous posts unless there are different types of Exit Clearances?

rfm010

it's true that, at least for those with a 13a, you can now get your ecc and your reentry permit taken care of at the airport. i have done it that way the last several trips out.

two years ago i had an early flight out and i had to wait at the window for a bit because it wasn't supposed to open until whatever time it was supposed to open (sorry but i forget what that time was, 6am i am guessing). of course they were about 30 minutes late getting in.

wouldn't have been a problem except there was one other fellow in line who insisted on telling me his tale of woe, about how some girl and her family took him for everything he had. as he was first in line i had to listen to him give the same story to the woman at immigration as she processed his papers. she was clearly not interested at the start but by the end i could tell she was rooting for the girl.

i see that afmayer has posted again: was this your first time in getting an ecc? perhaps that is why you had to make an appearance at boi (just guessing).

you do realize that the 4 day background check consists of putting your papers in a back room for 4 days and then checking to see if they can find them when you come back to pick them up...