Sign in to follow this  
shadow

Computer can't find keyboard

thebob

I think the 'don't have enough USB ports' is a clue.

You maybe running low on USB power. Always plug keyboards and mice directly into your computer. For other devices try using a powered hub to ease the strain on the USB bus.

musicman666

Quote doesn't work on the iPad....god knows why..... But Lind says its still a bit temperamental ..... Just curious did you bother cleaning or did you just buy a new unit... I know they are pretty cheap but.....

shadow

I think the 'don't have enough USB ports' is a clue.

You maybe running low on USB power. Always plug keyboards and mice directly into your computer. For other devices try using a powered hub to ease the strain on the USB bus.

So adding a USB keyboard which make it work, when a PS2 keyboard does not, could be a "low USB power" problem? I don't get it. Should it not be the other way around?

Larry in Dumaguete.

shadow

Quote doesn't work on the iPad....god knows why..... But Lind says its still a bit temperamental ..... Just curious did you bother cleaning or did you just buy a new unit... I know they are pretty cheap but.....

One of the original PS2 keyboards was less than a month old, quite clean. We just replaced both of them with USB keyboards. My computer seems to be a bit touchy, maybe getting bad connection sometimes, other computer fine on new USB keyboard.

LinD.

musicman666

Your computer ports might need the clean...

Headshot

Just tell the computer the keyboard is right in front of it. All it has to do is look. :)

musicman666

Plug and pray..

USMC-Retired

I think com2 or com1 is getting a surge.

ross_batangas

Shadow, when did you purchase the computer?

USMC-Retired

There are no lights on the keyboard? It does not beep on start up? Stupid thing however you do not have the keyboard in the mouse port and mouse in keyboard port. (done that).

thebob

So adding a USB keyboard which make it work, when a PS2 keyboard does not, could be a "low USB power" problem? I don't get it. Should it not be the other way around?

Larry in Dumaguete.

You got me, I didn't realize that you were using a PS2 keyboard.