Sign in to follow this  
Paul

Two (2) Units of O- (Rh Negative) blood needed at Chong Hua (Cebu City)

Paul

Paul Dean, a member of the SOS_Philippines Yahoo Group, posted this request for blood, in Cebu City:

Hi Paul,

Basically, he is stuck in the hospital with all the daily costs involved until he can find the 2 units of O negative. They will not operate without it as there can be major bleeding with hip surgery, especially when it is shattered rather than just a break.

Cheers

Paul

Please join the Yahoo Group, if you can assist in any way. This isn't about any one person, but about helping anyone who needs it.

Paul

Don.

Does it have to be O-, or can a person with any type of blood donate to offset the possible blood needed for surgery ?

Wombat No More

In this case Don, the blood must be O neg. Anyone can take O neg and it is used in accident cases and other emergencies. But O neg folk need just that. I have O neg but when I recently tried to donate here to someone else, I was disqualified coz I had a cancerous prostate removed last year, and even though my last (12 month) blood check, reveals that I am now completely cancer free... Anyway, back to the drawing board...

Paul

Here is a thread in this same forum, that Steve Matrix posted. It shows the blood charts, and which types can donate to and receive from, other types.

Click here.

Paul

I am waiting to hear back from the guy who originally contacted me through SOS_Philippines.

I will update this thread at that time.

Paul

This afternoon, I received the following email from Paul:

Hi Paul,

Got a message from James this morning. Received 2 units of blood yesterday. Said the response was great. Thanks to everyone.

Cheers

Paul

Thanks to all.