Internet Service Provider

I use PLDT for my Internet but the service is horrible. I get disconnected a lot and speeds vary from great to just useless from week to week,.. What ISP is the best in Cebu? Anyone can give some input on the best Internet service for Cebu?

Headshot

I use PLDT for my Internet but the service is horrible. I get disconnected a lot and speeds vary from great to just useless from week to week,.. What ISP is the best in Cebu? Anyone can give some input on the best Internet service for Cebu?

I use PLDT, and indeed the service is horrible...but alas it's still the best I've had here. The other providers are even worse.

USMC-Retired

where in Cebu are you located? What kind of speed are you looking for?

jusjoseph

Your in paradise now. Smart Bro wi-fi is the same. Useless to acceptable.

Edited by jusjoseph
USMC-Retired

Again all depends on location and kind of service you want. This country has nothing that consistently performs. I would look at the 4G technology if you do not mind only 1Mb of speed. Since it is a new technology here and very few have it the clutter on the lines is minimal.

Example a friend has 3G HSPA. He has pretty consistent speed (2Mb+) and for the most part gets the benefit of a close proximity to a tower. That is not the norm for anyone. I have Smartbro currently and my speed is well over 2Mb yet that again is not the norm. All depends on location and how close you are to either a trunkline or a tower. The techs are nothing but glorified wire runners. They do not understand Internet or how it works.

RandyOdom

I switched to globe wimax 2 months ago and I've consistantly gotten 4.3 mbps but it costs. I pay 2990 a month and that includes home phone, but the speed is great. I've had no problem with inconsistant speed. just be careful of the "contractor", they will try to screw you out of money. Don't agree to any "extra" charges without talking to globe on the phone.

shadow

I have Globe, I would give my left nut to have PLDT.

Larry in Dumaguete

Lol. I see... :) I live near Fuente Osmena. I'm quite contented with just 2MB of speed but sometimes the disconnections and bad service really wastes my time so it frustrates me! Was just wondering if there was any better option since Globe, SUN, etc have come up with Internet services. But I guess, as of now, I actually have the better of the bad lemons. Sigh.

The Globe Wimax looks tempting but 2990/month for WiFi isn't practical for my home use. Hehe. Probably good for business though... Which leads me to the thought, in Internet Cafes they don't really get those disconnections and the speed's good. What are they using? The higher plans like Globe Wimax?

• 2 weeks later...

internet cafe usually use PLDT. Because globe has an unreliable service..

Try skybroadband.. they usually has this internet and cable plans altogether.. we pay 6,999.00 for 5 mbps (just not sure) very reliable and fast..

they also have lower internet connection plans.. just inquire

musicman666

Globe is a bit of an oddball.... For me their system hardware wise is fast but they have bottlenecks in manilla due to an overloaded dns server.

Sky cable is also fast but they play god by throttling because they sublease their connection and try to protect the speeds of their less abusive users. Amazingly enough their upload speeds are way faster than their download speeds...I mean really fast....

I'm beginning to think a basic plan of globe and sky together could make a lot of sense.

For Real

Sorry, there is no such thing as an ISP anywhere in the Philippines