US FRS/GMRS and Philippine SRRS

miles-high

Web search tells me the US FRS/GMRS is not approved by Philippine NTC. I can only see a few NTC approved SRRS but so far unable to find out how difficult/easy to get the license (or if it is just a mail-in registration). http://www.radiophl.com/ (So far they do not know the answers... :()

I would appreciate it if anyone knows legality of using FRS/GMRS here (most likely illegal), risk involved in using it and the licensing scheme of Philippine SRRS.

Another question is if I can reasonably establish contacts between 25 floors (21 above ground, 4 below ground) using UHF 5w transceivers. If not, what type equipment I should be looking at… At the moment cell phone service is unusable at 4 floors below…

Thank you…

:biggrin_01:

USMC-Retired

Not anywhere what I know anything about. However I know you are trying to send a radio signal over the air. Could this be done using the Electrical wiring in the building to accomplish the end goal? Basically Broadband over Power Line or BPL.

miles-high

Thanks for ur reply… My driver/car usually is on B1, sometimes on B2… I tried Smart, Globe and Sun but often no signal (I don’t know why the signal strength fluctuate…) and he often needs to go to G to check in with me… I thought a handheld transceiver might work and see if anyone tried it before I buy the equipment…