Sign in to follow this  
toshi

going to bantayan island

Cuda

Hong Kong and Macau will be about maybe 15 degrees in December, Cebu, double that. But in rustic places like Bantayan, even at that temperature and unlike in cities, only numpties need airconditioning.

You are right, Nipa roof, seabreaze.

I thought that there is an enclave on Bantayan with some constant breeze . Are there any monthly or a longer term suitable accommodations like one bedroom apartments etc?

udonthani

yes, Waccaba Haus, I stayed there a month once. Search for it on this forum for a bit more info, the site owner visited and posted some photos of it you should be able to find the thread using the search. I was their first ever customer and have fond memories of the place. Studio apartments, kitchen, aircon, fridge, tv, fully screened, everything, for 10,000 a month, plus power. PM me if you ever get to the point of needing their phone number.

Cuda

yes, Waccaba Haus, I stayed there a month once. Search for it on this forum for a bit more info, the site owner visited and posted some photos of it you should be able to find the thread using the search. I was their first ever customer and have fond memories of the place. Studio apartments, kitchen, aircon, fridge, tv, fully screened, everything, for 10,000 a month, plus power. PM me if you ever get to the point of needing their phone number.

Thanks for the info.

I am planning to go there on the end of August,beginning of a September. Wonder if they will do weekly rental .

udonthani

yes it's just they don't want to do daily lets. Weekly rental is 5,900 plus power last time I looked.

Headshot

you don't even need airconditioning in Santa Fe, never mind those colder places.

Who said you do? You said...

Anybody that wants to go to some island by boat, even in the richest country in the world, is going to have to hang around at the wharf.

And I said...

You mean like the ferry between Hong Kong and Macau...where you wait in an air-conditioned terminal similar to an airport terminal? Like that?

That is a far-cry from hanging around at the wharf. I should have said climate-controlled rather than air-conditioned though. When we were there in February of last year, they were actually warming the air in the ferry terminal rather than cooling it. Nevertheless, we did not "hang out at the wharf." You said that, even in the richest countries, people have to "hang out at the wharf" when waiting for a ferry. It isn't true. In fact, in Hong Kong, you can purchase your tickets in advance, and just show up five minutes before the ferry leavesTheir ferries actually run on a schedule (that you can count on).

udonthani

of course it's going to be more reliable than the Philippines but by their very nature, ferries are just not going to be as reliable and totally on scheduele as other forms of transport are, look at cross channel ferries between Britain and France or Belgium, better reliability than Philippines for sure, but not as reliable as by plane. You just can't set your watch by them. I don't think I've ever got a ferry anywhere where there wasn't some sort of wait to get on board, whether I was a foot passenger or driving a car on, I always associate ferry travel with waiting at the port for at least some of the time and wherever it is, it's prudent to get there more in advance, than if you were just taking a train or bus.

Cuda

Is there a jeepney running between Santa Fe and Bantayan city ?

ron100

i think mostly trikes, but easy to rent a motor bike